other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by the playing mantis »

its opening up for the *word censored*...there going to win it arnt they? getting to the final would be bad enough, but ffs there gonna win it...i dont know what i will do. its sickening

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

They're not going to win it ffs. Get a grip :lol:

corkbarry

Post by corkbarry »

Barcawhores till i die! :barscarf: or just another minute. :D

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:25 pm
Clash wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:08 pm
Really fearing it's going to be the Victims. They have the luck as in mistakes by Fulham and Spuds keepers gifted them late winners in games they were not good in..They have the authorities on their side , remember their favourable Christmas schedule. They have officials on their side , five offside goals in one season. Robertson hand ball in build up to goal which ultimately beat Palace..Three dodgy penalties in succesive home games over Christmas, another Salah dive unpunished yesterday.. They have the media on their side and not just because a lot of them are ex Victims..The mainstream media are terrified of Liverpool FC and their supporters , so cheating by Salah yesterday for example is not called out.
Brace yourselves it's going to be horrible.
Absolutely agree. That was a blatant bit of cheating Mo Salah is a serial diver who somehow doesnt have a reputation in the media for it!

It just shows how the media dictate. As a Londoner, naturally I have a good few mates who support Liverpool ( :roll: ) ... and if you ever try and point out anything negative about their club they are shocked to hear it. Its because they never hear it in the media.

Amongst a lot of Liverpool fans I know, there seems to be the impression that their club is respected and admired by other fans. And that it will be good for football if Liverpool win the title. But its really only the media that thinks that way. Most non-Liverpool fans that havent been brainwashed do not like them at all. And rightly so. The merseyside based fans in particualr are as vile as it gets in the game. At least with Man United fans they will acknowledge that they're not liked by other fans. Liverpool fans are deluded fuckers.

I admit their history is as dramatic as it gets but a big part of that history stuff that gets swept under the carpet because it doesnt fit the narrative.

I think I will be avoiding Sky and BBC as much as possible come May. Just cannot handle what I fear is coming!

The reason for this (and I am being 100% serious here), is that the media are afraid of the victims fans organising a ban on their product like they did with the sun newspaper - I suspect that the shock of the scale and success of that protest, was felt by every media outlet and not just the sun, and imo they have been treated with kid gloves by the media ever since :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
That is 100% correct...The lack of real media condemnation for the City bus attack last year proves it..Imagine a visiting team bus getting that treatment at Millwall...? There would be media howls for expulsion..Everything they do is treated with kid gloves...Reading today that a nine year old child was traumatised after going into a panic attack when a flare was thrown from the upper tier of The Anfield Road stand into the Chelsea fans last Sunday...The very day they commemorated Hillsborough. The very day they demand the football world stand with them.and it always does...Yet compare the coverage of that with the coverage of six Chav fans singing in Prague on Thursday...

John F

Post by John F »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:38 pm
augie wrote:
Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Really fearing it's going to be the Victims. They have the luck as in mistakes by Fulham and Spuds keepers gifted them late winners in games they were not good in..They have the authorities on their side , remember their favourable Christmas schedule. They have officials on their side , five offside goals in one season. Robertson hand ball in build up to goal which ultimately beat Palace..Three dodgy penalties in succesive home games over Christmas, another Salah dive unpunished yesterday.. They have the media on their side and not just because a lot of them are ex Victims..The mainstream media are terrified of Liverpool FC and their supporters , so cheating by Salah yesterday for example is not called out.
Absolutely agree. That was a blatant bit of cheating Mo Salah is a serial diver who somehow doesnt have a reputation in the media for it!

It just shows how the media dictate. As a Londoner, naturally I have a good few mates who support Liverpool ( :roll: ) ... and if you ever try and point out anything negative about their club they are shocked to hear it. Its because they never hear it in the media.

Amongst a lot of Liverpool fans I know, there seems to be the impression that their club is respected and admired by other fans. And that it will be good for football if Liverpool win the title. But its really only the media that thinks that way. Most non-Liverpool fans that havent been brainwashed do not like them at all. And rightly so. The merseyside based fans in particualr are as vile as it gets in the game. At least with Man United fans they will acknowledge that they're not liked by other fans. Liverpool fans are deluded fuckers.

I admit their history is as dramatic as it gets but a big part of that history stuff that gets swept under the carpet because it doesnt fit the narrative.

I think I will be avoiding Sky and BBC as much as possible come May. Just cannot handle what I fear is coming!

The reason for this (and I am being 100% serious here), is that the media are afraid of the victims fans organising a ban on their product like they did with the sun newspaper - I suspect that the shock of the scale and success of that protest, was felt by every media outlet and not just the sun, and imo they have been treated with kid gloves by the media ever since :evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:
That is 100% correct...The lack of real media condemnation for the City bus attack last year proves it..Imagine a visiting team bus getting that treatment at Millwall...? There would be media howls for expulsion..Everything they do is treated with kid gloves...Reading today that a nine year old child was traumatised after going into a panic attack when a flare was thrown from the upper tier of The Anfield Road stand into the Chelsea fans last Sunday...The very day they commemorated Hillsborough. The very day they demand the football world stand with them.and it always does...Yet compare the coverage of that with the coverage of six Chav fans singing in Prague on Thursday...
Also the time when BR was in charge they stoned the City fans coaches with young kids on board .It is just those lovable scousers up to a bit of mischief attitude by the media.The swamp dwellers on the high road get off lightly too, they are hardy ever mentioned.

wilson2.0

Post by wilson2.0 »

Tottenham have a genuine pathway to the final, there is no point denying it.

Dont worry though, Barcelona will win it.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

City will knock spuds out tonight with 3-0 win.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

The dippers are a loathsome shower,flares bus attacks=cheeky scallies :roll: loveable rogues those scousers :oops: shower of fucking ringpieces .I'm as nervous watching/listening to dippers and city games as I am with our games..i fear they will prevail and win it :( what a fucking nightmare that will be.Imagine the meeja wankathon.. :(

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:06 am
Bradywasking wrote:
augie wrote:
Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

The dippers are a loathsome shower,flares bus attacks=cheeky scallies :roll: loveable rogues those scousers :oops: shower of fucking ringpieces .I'm as nervous watching/listening to dippers and city games as I am with our games..i fear they will prevail and win it :( what a fucking nightmare that will be.Imagine the meeja wankathon.. :(

The lack of media condemnation is twofold - firstly as you say there is a lack of appetite to call the victims out as the bunch of cu.nts they are because of the commercial aspect although I do wonder how much actual revenue The Sun lost in that area as those fuckers rarely pay for anything.

It is the ability to control the media which is their real trick and I can only assume that comes down to many of those in positions of power in media and football being glory hunters from their childhood - you remember your local group of L'pool fans with London accents....life long suppporters who had never been north of Watford. About 60 league teams closer to home that they could have supported but they managed to go for the scouse scum who were rather successful back then.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Citeh need to score 4 to get through now :( looks like they are running out of steam at just the wrong time :(

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:14 pm
Citeh need to score 4 to get through now :( looks like they are running out of steam at just the wrong time :(
C'mon now another 2

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:15 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:14 pm
C'mon now another 2
C'mon now another 1 another 1

John F

Post by John F »

That's no 3 :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Not watching it but looks like the city game could end up 6-3 or something like that!!

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

right now, the spuds are through :banghead: