other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:31 am
Spurs will be without son and Kane for at least 1st leg of semis. They definitely won’t win the champions league*

*as definite as Liverpool finishing at least 10 points behind city, right db10 :rubchin:

It better not happen, I do genuinely fancy Ajax’s chances against them though.
Put your knickers back on you tart. :lol:

Fuck me is it JCL day here or what? :oops: :roll:

The scum will not win the CL. Get fucking serious ffs. The murdering victims will not win the PL or the CL. Stupid Teeth is the ultimate bottler. Has bottled 6 of 7 finals ffs. Let him do what he does. :lol:

Jesus we may need to install a tampon machine here for a few of you tarts. :wink:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 am
wibble wrote:
Spurs will be without son and Kane for at least 1st leg of semis. They definitely won’t win the champions league*

*as definite as Liverpool finishing at least 10 points behind city, right db10 :rubchin:

The scum will not win the CL. Get fucking serious ffs. The murdering victims will not win the PL or the CL. Stupid Teeth is the ultimate bottler. Has bottled 6 of 7 finals ffs. Let him do what he does. :lol:

Jesus we may need to install a tampon machine here for a few of you tarts. :wink:

Not for the first time, Old Chap, you and I are the only ones with a sense of perspective and realism. Reading some of the panicky nonsense in here over the last 24 hours has been like watching a 17 year old school girl a day before her driving test. Fucking hell, can we all just calm down. The scum will not win the champions league. They are just not good enough. All this shit about the scousers in 2005 and the chavs in 2012 is fucking mad. Both those sides had decent players- Gerrard, Alonso, Lampard, Cole, Drgoba. The scum aren't good enough. It's as simple as that. It's not going to happen so fucking hell, calm down. They will be out in the semi finals again.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

With var coming into the PL next year there should be a record amount pens given with all the holding that goes on in the box.

Can't see it lasting very long

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Fuckoff scummyspuds

Ajax will Annihilate you. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:33 am
With var coming into the PL next year there should be a record amount pens given with all the holding that goes on in the box.

Can't see it lasting very long
A record amount of yellow cards for diving too, I wonder if a penalty is given but then reviewed by var for clarification and it turns out there is no contact, does that player receive a ban as would happen in the supposed retrospective action.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wibble wrote:

Not for the first time, Old Chap, you and I are the only ones with a sense of perspective and realism. Reading some of the panicky nonsense in here over the last 24 hours has been like watching a 17 year old school girl a day before her driving test. Fucking hell, can we all just calm down. The scum will not win the champions league. They are just not good enough. All this shit about the scousers in 2005 and the chavs in 2012 is fucking mad. Both those sides had decent players- Gerrard, Alonso, Lampard, Cole, Drgoba. The scum aren't good enough. It's as simple as that. It's not going to happen so fucking hell, calm down. They will be out in the semi finals again.
Amen Perry. 8)

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
wibble wrote:

Amen Perry. 8)
I it's a yes from me for the Tampon machine installation. :barscarf:

wibble

Post by wibble »

Spurs have lost 10 league games this season. They ain’t winning the CL

Clash

Post by Clash »

Spurs are shit no doubt about that ... but that undeniable fact hasn't stopped them getting to the CL semi final.

Some of you are applying logic and reason here and expecting it to save us from the unthinkable. But if logic had been in play they would have gone out in the group stage.

The point being missed when saying they are not good enough to win the CL is that these days, you do not have to be good enough.

The competition is so badly structured that you can lose your first few games but still get through by picking up points against better sides who are playing weakened teams because they have already qualified.

Once you're in the knockout stage, with the right amount of luck (and fuck me have those fuckers had some of that!) then you can squeeze through.

Man City are superior to both Spurs and Ajax. Logic would have seen Man City knock the filth out over 2 legs! But it didn't happen!

Is reality suddenly gonna kick in at the semi final stage? Maybe Ajax are also defying reality and logic to some extent by getting this far and knocking out Real Madrid and Juventus!

I hate saying this but there is a very real possibility that that scum infested rabble are at the very least getting to the final!

I just cannot stand this. This could be the worst season in living memory!

:suicide:

Clash

Post by Clash »

I appreciate what you and some others are trying to say ... but it reminds me of what you see on TV when a dad is comforting his child. You know that cliched scene where they are hugging them and reassuring their kid saying ''dont worry son, everything will be okay - the scum will not win the champions league'' ... but then the camera pans round to reveal the horror and realisation on the parents face ... is this really whats happening here?

:suicide:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

UCL needs to get rid of the away goals rule. It's fucking stupid.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Double post :cussing:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Always hated the away goals rule, have we ever actually won on it?, I know we've 'lost' many times on it.

You just knew Spuds would win on it as well but if the game went on to ET then they would have been out on their feet and almost certainly lost.

Ok it's been around for a while now but it's yet another thing to hate about........ MODERN FOOTBALL!!.

:banghead:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:45 pm
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:54 pm
Always hated the away goals rule, have we ever actually won on it?, I know we've 'lost' many times on it.

You just knew Spuds would win on it as well but if the game went on to ET then they would have been out on their feet and almost certainly lost.

Ok it's been around for a while now but it's yet another thing to hate about........ MODERN FOOTBALL!!.

:banghead:
Like the away goals rule, it is all about game management..Only Arsenal win I can remember on away goals was in 1978 against Hadjic (?) Split..Won 1-0 at home after 2-1 awsy defest..Think Liam Brady was sent off in second leg..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

wibble wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Spurs have lost 10 league games this season. They ain’t winning the CL
Yep. They've been thrashed by Barcelona in this already, lost to Inter Milan, drawn with a shit PSV side and then played a poor Borussia Dortmund and the European Kamikaze bottle-jobs of Man City, who incidentally walked through their defence time and time again the other night. In amongst all the hysteria and panic on here, people are forgetting that the other side of the draw has Barcelona and Liverpool in it. There is no way in this world that they will beat either of those in the final, if they get there. Ajax are also a technical, well-drilled sided and the scum are shit when they face one of those. Ajax will get something in the first leg and then finish the job in the second leg. If the scum had got this far playing Schalke and Porto, we'd all be saying that the moment they come up against any one decent, they'll lose. That is still the case. They won't win this, they won't finish in the top 4.