other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by xisstential »

These are seriously, seriously poor teams that let 3 goal advantages slip in cup semi finals. Especially at home and against a team that has lost more than a dozen times this season. Never convinced by this Ajax lot....bunch of lightweight kids.....I think spurs are shit as well so thought Ajax would run out 3 or 4 one winners on the night. FFS how many goals ahead do these teams need to be to see out the win?????

Next up....our shit show....then Brighton heroics :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

I'll happily watch Liverpool lift the cup on June 1st

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

And to think in 24hrs time we may have a double English European Final. Makes me sick about the CL final, especially the fact that those Jammy cûnts might actually beat Liverpool in a one-off game.

We’ll never hear the end of this UNLESS we win the EL. No question, we’ll be the laughing stock if.. oh lord, they win that cup.

If this is how the next few years are gonna be, I’m just gonna fuck off to USA or something like that and watch Baseball.

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I am sorry Ajax lost tonight, I wanted them to win the ECL. I now hope Liverpool win the final. Anyone who has spent the last 24 hours slagging them off after last night who is now going to be willing them on.....I have no words for you. I'm done.
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 pm
doesn't really matter what we do tomorrow now - it will be completely overshadowed by the CL final.

can you imagine what the next few weeks will be like - the 2 media darlings playing each other in the final :banghead: :banghead:
I would take anything to stop that match happening. Plague, alien invasion, world war 3. Just make it stop :(

John F

Post by John F »

What a shite week It really is going to unbearable for weeks now and there is no way it can be avoided.I am going to give football a rest , as Rob says this really overshadow s tomorrow.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock:

I mean

WHAT
THE
FFUCCCKKKKK

This is some kind of weird nightmare

I'm in a coma somewhere waiting for thew surgeon to give me an Adrenalin shot to wake me up :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

This competition has regressed to the point that it can be a L'pool/Spurs final, and we have regressed to the point that we aren't even fucking in it. Spurs are dog shit and are in the final, having had every last piece of luck, and it's terrifying to think that they have 90 minutes against Liverpool to decide if they win it. If they do win it, i think I'm done with football, it makes the whole thing meaningless.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Ajax were diabolical in that second half after Spuds got the first goal. They were a total mess at the back and could have conceded four or five against a more ruthless team. They totally lost it. But never fear, Liverpool will win the final - they are simply a better and more efficient team than either of those on show tonight.
As others have mentioned though, what we’ve seen is that this competition isn’t the unclimbable mountain that we were asked to believe it was the past 20+ years. Win three knockout rounds and you’re in the final. It was our small time “oh we have to play these big scary clubs” mentality that hampered us and saw us putting in such awful displays. That and the lack of any tactics to speak of.
Last edited by cameron326 on Wed May 08, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm
I'll happily watch Liverpool lift the cup on June 1st
Yep me too, just practicing me Scouse accent, though tbf I like to really get into character so I'm just stealing my next door neighbours wheels as I type, then off to the shop for a can of 10 per cent proof skol, pick up some fag butts outside the local bookies and then off to sniff some Charlie off the local oap hooker :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Rian1 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:08 pm
And to think in 24hrs time we may have a double English European Final. Makes me sick about the CL final, especially the fact that those Jammy cûnts might actually beat Liverpool in a one-off game.

We’ll never hear the end of this UNLESS we win the EL. No question, we’ll be the laughing stock if.. oh lord, they win that cup.

If this is how the next few years are gonna be, I’m just gonna fuck off to USA or something like that and watch Baseball.
Liverpool would have ripped this Ajax team to shreds.....they'll win the CL......hate them as much as we do, they have big, big European nights, they know how to get the job done....All Wenger ever did was take us to lots & lots & lots of European nights. 20 years of Groundhog nights.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Just remember... this is all Stan Kroenke's fault. :twisted:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

cameron326 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:13 pm
Ajax were diabolical in that second half after Spuds got the first goal. They were a total mess at the back and could have conceded four or five against a more ruthless team. They totally lost it. But never fear, Liverpool will win the final - they are simply a better and more efficient team than either of those on show tonight.
As others have mentioned though, what we’ve seen is that this competition isn’t the unclimbable mountain that we were asked to believe it was the past 20+ years. Win three knockout rounds and you’re in the final. It was our small time “oh we have to play these big scary clubs” mentality that hampered us and saw us putting in such awful displays. That and the lack of any tactics to speak of.
Liverpool got smashed 3-0 by Barca only last week, so i wouldnt be trusting them in a one off game.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The killer is conceding 2 quick fire goals. Happened last night and happened again here. When it’s all about keeping things tight and you piss away two in a few minutes you’re on edge for the rest of the game.

My match updates said it was a goal kick for Ajax on 95 minutes. How did the fuck it from there? :banghead:

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

BFG4 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm
This competition has regressed to the point that it can be a L'pool/Spurs final, and we have regressed to the point that we aren't even fucking in it. Spurs are dog shit and are in the final, having had every last piece of luck, and it's terrifying to think that they have 90 minutes against Liverpool to decide if they win it. If they do win it, i think I'm done with football, it makes the whole thing meaningless.
The problem isn’t the competition it was our manager. Eg Wenger would have tried to go head to head with Man City, as he did against, say, Bayern. We would have got obliterated on aggregate 9-4 or something. The problem now, of cours,e is that we have a shit owner, a squad full of dross, and a generally pessimistic feel about the place.