other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Andrew

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Andrew »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:50 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:02 pm
Bees 5-0 at HT v luton. Good, i fucking hate luton. ID card introducing tossers. :cussing:

Shames the victims are strolling it again. The titles over. City were weak at the back today.
I fucking hate Luton too. Shit ground, plastic fucking pitch, that fucking stand that is just a row of shit sheds, 1988, those fucking silly straw hats they wear, David sex case Pleat, banning away fans and managing to scrape staying up in the old first division for years despite being utterly shit for eight months of every season.
Could you be a bit clearer about your feelings? I'm not 100% certain about where you stand.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone watching / watched the Uefa Eoro 2020 Draw?

The female at the opening was Hubbbbaaaa Hubbbaaaa ! :-P

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Luton is a shitty little team but personally I found the ID card scheme a bit of a laugh as we all got our hands on the ID cards and went to the matches anyway. It was funny watching the team come out the first time the away ban was in place expecting little to no support but all you could hear was "Arsenal" chants going up all around the ground. We always seemed to play shit against them for some reason, lots of draws and that forgettable bleeding Cup final which we threw away too.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:36 pm
Anyone watching / watched the Uefa Eoro 2020 Draw?

The female at the opening was Hubbbbaaaa Hubbbaaaa ! :-P
No, but to be fair, the draw did work out some tasty fixtures and groups.

Tho Wales have to play twice in baku before they get knocked out by Italy in Rome :lol:

How corrupt is that ? Playing games in a nation thats not even in the tournament!

I bet they would have played a game in Qatar if they thought they could get away with it :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

What the fuck is the desire to spread European football to that fucking shithole? First the Europa League final, now Euro 2020.

Zero football history, not really in Europe, about five timezones away from anywhere else and a nightmare to get to.

I haven't figured out how yet, but it must be UEFA greed of some sort :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 pm
What the fuck is the desire to spread European football to that fucking shithole? First the Europa League final, now Euro 2020.

Zero football history, not really in Europe, about five timezones away from anywhere else and a nightmare to get to.

It's got a load of oil and gas and throws money around like confetti. They can outbid a load of other places for events and offer the old favourite, the anonymous bank transfer to a Swiss or Isle of Man bank account.

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:13 pm

Dublin is same timezone as UK,what aru on about?

Clash

Post by Clash »

clockender1 wrote:
Bees 5-0 at HT v luton. Good, i fucking hate luton. ID card introducing tossers. :cussing:

Shames the victims are strolling it again. The titles over. City were weak at the back today.
I fucking hate Luton too. Shit ground, plastic fucking pitch, that fucking stand that is just a row of shit sheds, 1988, those fucking silly straw hats they wear, David sex case Pleat, banning away fans and managing to scrape staying up in the old first division for years despite being utterly shit for eight months of every season.
Agree with every word Perry. So much to despise about that club. I think the plastic pitch also kept them in the top flight much longer than would have been the case if they didn’t have it. How that was allowed I’ll never know. As for that MP David Evans, he was a real nasty piece of work.

Also going back to 1988, I’m not sure how many Stein brothers there were in total but one of them was working at my school temporarily as a PE teacher at the time of that final. I was at Wembley on the Sunday and still sickened about the result the next day but the whole school (except me) wildly applauded and cheered ‘’Mr Stein’’ in assembly that Monday morning - after the headmaster congratulated him and his 2 brothers on the game. He’d done fuck all himself so it was nothing to do with him and most of those fuckers at school knew fuck all about football so it really rankled with me (and still does) that this even got mentioned, let alone forced on us like that :banghead:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clash wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 am
clockender1 wrote:

Agree with every word Perry. So much to despise about that club. I think the plastic pitch also kept them in the top flight much longer than would have been the case if they didn’t have it. How that was allowed I’ll never know. As for that MP David Evans, he was a real nasty piece of work.

Also going back to 1988, I’m not sure how many Stein brothers there were in total but one of them was working at my school temporarily as a PE teacher at the time of that final. I was at Wembley on the Sunday and still sickened about the result the next day but the whole school (except me) wildly applauded and cheered ‘’Mr Stein’’ in assembly that Monday morning - after the headmaster congratulated him and his 2 brothers on the game. He’d done fuck all himself so it was nothing to do with him and most of those fuckers at school knew fuck all about football so it really rankled with me (and still does) that this even got mentioned, let alone forced on us like that :banghead:
I hate Luton as much as the next man - the 1988 league cup final was on my birthday :evil:

Went to their shitty ground when the away fan ban was in place as a mate went to Uni at Hitchin, which fell within catchment, was a 1-1 draw, Adams got sent off and got a standing ovation from half the ground that were Gooners.

augie

Post by augie »

Cracking header from richarlison 8) I like everton and don't want to see silva lose his job

Manure losing too - if we don't hurry up and appoint a full time manager, those c.unts will come in and get one of the top managerial options available

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Poor old spuds :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Another VAR decision in Liverpool's favour..

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

We're 10th, reminds me of The Arsenal when GG was on his way down, oh well at least the tickets are cheap and the players wages aren't ridiculous :?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 pm
Another VAR decision in Liverpool's favour..
What happened?

M3Gooner

Post by M3Gooner »

Really like the match options on Amazon prime and having no commentary option also