other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:20 am
I didn't understand Chris Wilder's thinking of training on Stanley Park in the shadow of that ghastly ugly looking giant stand. It was almost like he was telling his players that they're not good enough to train on the anfield pitch, let alone play on it. They turned in their worst away performance of the season.
Everton in the second-half were a disgrace. Even Speedo Mick (who if he wasn't from Liverpool would be called something entirely different by the people from Liverpool) left early to carry on with his fund raising.
It feels a bit wrong but actually want mourinho's spurs to do a number on them.
Shame no one is pulling up klopp for his total disrespect to the domestic cup competition. It's like they are already playing in a European league, away from the FA.
There were some corking goals in the cup this weekend.
trouble is you can't really have a go at him since they won

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:12 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:05 pm
Looking through Liverpool’s remaining fixtures to see where they might lose a game and I see they’re away to Everton. On paper a possible banana skin but in reality the brown liquid will be running down the Everton cowards legs in the tunnel pre game.

Fucking spineless C.UNTS :banghead:
Maureen for all his faults loves putting one on them and no doubt will have the vermin at their negative, niggly best next weekend when the Mickeys come to town.

That Everton away game comes 3 days after their second leg CL game with Atletico which you would hope would have some impact but if the likes of Feo Feo and Iwobi are playing, Liverpool could play their u-9's and still win.

City away on the 4th April is about the last opportunity unless of course we manage it on the 2nd May :banghead:
next Saturday might become the first time in my life that I find myself cheering on Spurs :x

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:25 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Looking through Liverpool’s remaining fixtures to see where they might lose a game and I see they’re away to Everton. On paper a possible banana skin but in reality the brown liquid will be running down the Everton cowards legs in the tunnel pre game.

Maureen for all his faults loves putting one on them and no doubt will have the vermin at their negative, niggly best next weekend when the Mickeys come to town.

That Everton away game comes 3 days after their second leg CL game with Atletico which you would hope would have some impact but if the likes of Feo Feo and Iwobi are playing, Liverpool could play their u-9's and still win.

City away on the 4th April is about the last opportunity unless of course we manage it on the 2nd May :banghead:
next Saturday might become the first time in my life that I find myself cheering on Spurs :x
If they had the crayon muncher I think they'd have a great chance because Maureen would absolutely revel in beating them and crowing to the world about it but without him they'll struggle i reckon.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:40 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

If they had the crayon muncher I think they'd have a great chance because Maureen would absolutely revel in beating them and crowing to the world about it but without him they'll struggle i reckon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Agree with the comments on how pathetic Everton were yesterday. They will never get a better chance to win at Anfield but they're almost beaten before kick-off against that lot.

And what a useless piece of shit Walcott still is. He must be in his 30s now, almost veteran age. But he still plays like the little boy with potential that makes rookie mistakes and lacks composure ... never more than on the periphery of things. Sometimes just not involved at all. And yet he is probably one of the most financially wealthy English sportsmen of all time :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:06 pm
Agree with the comments on how pathetic Everton were yesterday. They will never get a better chance to win at Anfield but they're almost beaten before kick-off against that lot.

And what a useless piece of shit Walcott still is. He must be in his 30s now, almost veteran age. But he still plays like the little boy with potential that makes rookie mistakes and lacks composure ... never more than on the periphery of things. Sometimes just not involved at all. And yet he is probably one of the most financially wealthy English sportsmen of all time :roll:
Isn't it amazing how far being pleasant can take you in modern sport huh? :roll:

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Clash wrote:

Couldn't agree more, in the first half he looked good, albeit, against a u-21 Liverpool side + Adrian but he ate chances after chances like a fat kid on chocolates. 2nd Half he had TWO good chances, one with Keane and DCL running free and he skims the ball past both of them wide.

Everton's best chance to take a humble win at Anfield and carry some momentum but not even an u-21 side was able to get them a win. Klopp could field u-18s against the lot and they'd still lose to a 80th minute goal.

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Can't fucking stand Mourinho succeeding at Spurs but to be honest, I hate Liverpool equally so happy to get Mourinho a rare win if it means the fuckers up in Liverpool calm their tits down a bit.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Heard Darren Bent on Talksport earlier talking about his top 5 Thierry Henry goals.

You would not believe how much of an Arsenal/Henry fanboy he is. Absolutely besotted.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Don't give a flying fuck who beats the murdering victim cùnts. The important thing is someone beats them. The soccerball fanboy wankathon if they went unbeaten would be repulsive - and shamefully some of that wànking would come from a couple of faux-Gooners on here. :oops:

And I think they will lose a couple of games. Their one man defence has been flat out carrying an average back four and an average midfield for so long he's going to eventually have an off day or two and their team is so one dimensional they will lose that day.

As much as it sticks in my craw for the scum (and especially the scum under Moron-hio) to win a game I'd take them beating Stupid Teeth right now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 pm
Heard Darren Bent on Talksport earlier talking about his top 5 Thierry Henry goals.

You would not believe how much of an Arsenal/Henry fanboy he is. Absolutely besotted.
:lol:

I'm kinda half sure I read somewhere he's a Gooner?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 am
Don't give a flying fuck who beats the murdering victim cùnts. The important thing is someone beats them. The soccerball fanboy wankathon if they went unbeaten would be repulsive - and shamefully some of that wànking would come from a couple of faux-Gooners on here. :oops:

And I think they will lose a couple of games. Their one man defence has been flat out carrying an average back four and an average midfield for so long he's going to eventually have an off day or two and their team is so one dimensional they will lose that day.

As much as it sticks in my craw for the scum (and especially the scum under Moron-hio) to win a game I'd take them beating Stupid Teeth right now.
I would too, for them to lose to Mourinho would hurt them as much as losing to Manure or Everton ( as if).
The work WhatsApp was full of insightful comments before the game on Sunday.. "fancy Everton for this" said one , " Klopp knows what he is doing , this isn't that important " said another. Fulltime and The Homeless Stupid Teethed One was a genius. BTW ,the average age of the Liverpool team on Sunday(24) was two years younger than the average age of the Everton team(26).One would be forgiven for thinking Liverpool had played a youth team .

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:24 am
northbank123 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:42 pm

:lol:

I'm kinda half sure I read somewhere he's a Gooner?
Yeah he is I think. I remember him being put clean through against us at WHL late on to equalise (2007 game maybe) and he inexplicably scuffed it completely - all makes sense now!

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:23 pm
Clash wrote:

Isn't it amazing how far being pleasant can take you in modern sport huh? :roll:
Indeed mate :)

A cosy career in TV punditry surely awaits for Theo. His anodyne comments plus the trendy hair / beard combination, while wearing smart expensive suits, all mean he is tailor-made for TV football :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Brentford knocked stoke out of the cup over the weekend too :barscarf:

So much for the Ancelotti revival eh ?