other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Wenger knows
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 am
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Wenger knows
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.
Defending Wenger?

Isn't it a but early to be on the drink, snorting pills, lsd, heroin, coke, crack and speed?

:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Wenger knows
Defending Wenger?

Isn't it a but early to be on the drink, snorting pills, lsd, heroin, coke, crack and speed?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

Wenger knows
Defending Wenger?

AKA All-day breakfast.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I do wonder how British commentators can talk about Bayern Munich coach Hans Flick without making a reference to a character from the '80's sitcom 'Allo 'Allo with a similar name? :hmmthink:

I predicted a PSG vs Man City final as i thought it would be inevitable those two will meet in a UCL final. Despite the smashing of English teams and the spectacular result against Barcalona, I think PSG will win it as defence is slightly more organised than Munich's. Mbappe or Di Maria will give Davies a torrid time.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 pm
I do wonder how British commentators can talk about Bayern Munich coach Hans Flick without making a reference to a character from the '80's sitcom 'Allo 'Allo with a similar name? :hmmthink:

I predicted a PSG vs Man City final as i thought it would be inevitable those two will meet in a UCL final. Despite the smashing of English teams and the spectacular result against Barcalona, I think PSG will win it as defence is slightly more organised than Munich's. Mbappe or Di Maria will give Davies a torrid time.
If bayern defend like the first ten mins of last night then they will be in trouble

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 pm

If bayern defend like the first ten mins of last night then they will be in trouble
I think there will be a few goals though.

Not particularly bothered who wins

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I know some people look down at the Europa League as some kind of tin pot cup, but fuck me I'd love Arsenal to have the same kind of success as Sevilla in it.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
I know some people look down at the Europa League as some kind of tin pot cup, but fuck me I'd love Arsenal to have the same kind of success as Sevilla in it.
6 times winners,what a record.

The opening group stage is tedious imo,but once you get to the ko stages it's a cracking trophy to win.

Growing up of course the European Cup but the UEFA and CWC were both seen as massive prizes to win.

Just the way modern football is sadly domestic champions or Champions league winners the rest not comparable,FA Cup to me still a great trophy to win a;so. :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I quite enjoyed the first half of the Europa League final but the second half became embarrassing with the play acting by Seville players, I swear at least 5 times in the space of ten minutes their players went down clutching something where no actual contact was made, it reminded me of Spuds :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

What a borefest the CL final was.
I was expecting an exciting match but was disappointed.
I wasn't too bothered who won and would've liked to have seen more goals. never mind.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
ditto

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Neymar is an annoying self centred prick..