other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Sutch2

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Sutch2 »

Gutted. It now falls to shitty to end their unbeaten run, as I can't see anyone else beating them and I can't see us beating them either.

With that said, they've been lucky as fuck over the past year or so. Take away the decisions and penalties they've jammed, as someone else on this forum said a while ago (forgotten who), they got lucky as fuck with all the usual top sides being a sack of shit in the CL last year. They got lucky in big games with other sides having key players out (prick Kane, Laporte). They got the rub of the green again tonight in the form of that Wolves player who refused to take van *word censored* on.

I'm really concerned about them going unbeaten. I was at the start of the season, doubly so now. We've had a few concerns before; with Manure in 2010/11 where they went about half a season or so unbeaten and then McCarthy beat them. Then the small russian club in 14/15 when they ran away with it in the early months without losing, then they lost to toon in November I think.

If they go unbeaten, it'll be worse than anything with them. Equally as bad is they could win the league at our place (don't know if they'll be too far ahead by then).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:08 pm
They could win the league by a mllion points but they'd still not be able to wash the blood of 39 Juventus supporters away.
This league is so fucking shit this 4 player team could win it by 39 points. Which ironically would be a point for every innocent Italian they murdered. :censored:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:48 pm
Sad state of affairs when we are all depending on this wolves team to do something :lol:
Wolves are a very good side, with a very good manager. At the moment, better than Arsenal.

We could have done worse than recruiting Nuno at Arsenal, and bringing over a lot of his players. What impressed me the most is how he's turned Traore from a headless chicken into a beast of an attacking player. He gave Van Dijk a tough game.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:43 am
They could win the league by a mllion points but they'd still not be able to wash the blood of 39 Juventus supporters away.
This league is so fucking shit this 4 player team could win it by 39 points. Which ironically would be a point for every innocent Italian they murdered. :censored:
I think the European Cup Final should kick off at 39 minutes past 8 every season, just so the rest of the world can always remember the innocent supporters murdered by the bindippers.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:12 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I think the European Cup Final should kick off at 39 minutes past 8 every season, just so the rest of the world can always remember the innocent supporters murdered by the bindippers.
With you on that....JFT39.....

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Sutch2 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 pm
Gutted. It now falls to shitty to end their unbeaten run, as I can't see anyone else beating them and I can't see us beating them either.

With that said, they've been lucky as fuck over the past year or so. Take away the decisions and penalties they've jammed, as someone else on this forum said a while ago (forgotten who), they got lucky as fuck with all the usual top sides being a sack of shit in the CL last year. They got lucky in big games with other sides having key players out (prick Kane, Laporte). They got the rub of the green again tonight in the form of that Wolves player who refused to take van *word censored* on.

I'm really concerned about them going unbeaten. I was at the start of the season, doubly so now. We've had a few concerns before; with Manure in 2010/11 where they went about half a season or so unbeaten and then McCarthy beat them. Then the small russian club in 14/15 when they ran away with it in the early months without losing, then they lost to toon in November I think.

If they go unbeaten, it'll be worse than anything with them. Equally as bad is they could win the league at our place (don't know if they'll be too far ahead by then).
to be honest I think as a club we became too hung up on this unbeaten "invincibles" thing.
it gave Wenger an arrogance that he really did not deserve and it was one of the reasons why we couldn't get rid of him for so long.

what has been completely airbrushed from history is that George Graham nearly led us to an unbeaten season in 1991 (only lost 1 league game that season).

i am not too bothered about Liverpool going unbeaten - what will become really annoying though is that they will say they are the better invincibles, because lets face it they are going to get well over 100 points now :shock:
i think there are a couple of reasons to suggest Liverpool won't go unbeaten though. Laporte is back for City so it will be tougher for City to score up there, but i certainly think City will.
also the sooner they wrap up the title the better - they are more likely to switch off and concentrate on the CL once they win the league.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
^^^THIS^^^ 1,000%

The murdering scum are STILL going on about Hillsborough, even scousers who weren't even born at the time...whiiiine whiiine whiiine! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Yet you mention Heysel and they go off on one!...

When they do their victory parade ( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) when they do steal the prem this season, I'd like to hire a plane or helicopter to drop Leaflets with "What About The Italian Fans Murdered At Heysel Stadium?" on them, just to spoil their day.

SCOUSE SCUM

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:22 am
Sutch2 wrote:

to be honest I think as a club we became too hung up on this unbeaten "invincibles" thing.
it gave Wenger an arrogance that he really did not deserve and it was one of the reasons why we couldn't get rid of him for so long.

what has been completely airbrushed from history is that George Graham nearly led us to an unbeaten season in 1991 (only lost 1 league game that season).

i am not too bothered about Liverpool going unbeaten - what will become really annoying though is that they will say they are the better invincibles, because lets face it they are going to get well over 100 points now :shock:
i think there are a couple of reasons to suggest Liverpool won't go unbeaten though. Laporte is back for City so it will be tougher for City to score up there, but i certainly think City will.
also the sooner they wrap up the title the better - they are more likely to switch off and concentrate on the CL once they win the league.
I couldn't disagree more.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:33 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
^^^THIS^^^ 1,000%

The murdering scum are STILL going on about Hillsborough, even scousers who weren't even born at the time...whiiiine whiiine whiiine! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Yet you mention Heysel and they go off on one!...

When they do their victory parade ( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: ) when they do steal the prem this season, I'd like to hire a plane or helicopter to drop Leaflets with "What About The Italian Fans Murdered At Heysel Stadium?" on them, just to spoil their day.

SCOUSE SCUM
What a great idea ….. A plane with a banner...…... REMEMBER THE 39#HEYSEL :hmmthink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course it would be ignored by Sky....after all they create football news, not report it.
Last edited by xisstential on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:35 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sutch2 wrote:

I couldn't disagree more.
With you 100% there brother. Dear God, no thanks...…..We'll NEVER, EVER hear the end of it...….they'll want a commemoration each & every year, some kind of monument built, streets, buildings & rivers renamed...…..No thanks!!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

How many in a row have the murdering filth won now? Shower of cockholes the lot of thum..I think it's left to Citeh beating them now.I hope they get fucked out of the champs lge i really do..Atletico in the last 16 would do for me :barscarf: failing that though Juve putting them to the sword with the ladyboy making a complete fanny of Van Dyke :D now that would be wanking material 8)

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 pm
How many in a row have the murdering filth won now? Shower of cockholes the lot of thum..I think it's left to Citeh beating them now.I hope they get fucked out of the champs lge i really do..Atletico in the last 16 would do for me :barscarf: failing that though Juve putting them to the sword with the ladyboy making a complete fanny of Van Dyke :D now that would be wanking material 8)
Ah but Falkirk, they've paid off the officials and VAR bods in the league, what makes you think they cant do the same in Europe :wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sutch2 wrote:

Well said. I'd back the Invincibles over two legs (Cashley, Pires and Henry would've raped TAA and Salah down the left hand side) but this Liverpool team is on course for 200 points and 1 defeat over two seasons and a very good chance of back to back CL's. Unbelievable achievements, definitely makes you look at Wenger's unbeaten season in a new light.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sutch2 wrote:

Well said. I'd back the Invincibles over two legs (Cashley, Pires and Henry would've raped TAA and Salah down the left hand side) but this Liverpool team is on course for 200 points and 1 defeat over two seasons and a very good chance of back to back CL's. Unbelievable achievements, definitely makes you look at Wenger's unbeaten season in a new light.
You Really DON'T Get what it is to be a Gooner do you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sutch2 wrote:

You Really DON'T Get what it is to be a Gooner do you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just calling it as I see it. Of course I'd like to see them lose and I still expect it to happen.

It's more of an indictment on Wenger for underachieving with a better team.