other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:09 am
Proper messing with my fantasy football selections this ! :wink:
:lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

All matches OFF

Season over
Bad luck Liverpool :lol:

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Already a f*ck up by the ref and VAR in the Villa/Sheff Utd game. Keeper takes the ball into the goal but not given! Helps us, I suppose, in our miracle attempt at a Euro position.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Villa match is tedious pub football with no atmosphere without the crowd.

Football is fucked. And to be honest I'm not as upset about that as I once would have been. The game is dead.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Just watched Norwich v Southampton replay. Another sad game but the highlight for me was Nathen Redmond. He did what was simple - with speed. Used space in behind defenders & took men on whenever there was no other option. He would walk into our side at the moment. Maybe we should be scouting around the lower leagues for similar players & offload our overpaid , aged superstars !. :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Would love to see Sheffield United make the CL, or at the very least the Europa League. One in the eye for football snobs everywhere

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Toon giving 10 man Sheff U a solid unlubriated number up the fartbox..weve taken 6pts from them this season :rubchin: yet they are taking 6pts from the blades.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:45 pm
Toon giving 10 man Sheff U a solid unlubricated number up the fartbox..weve taken 6pts from them this season :rubchin: yet they are taking 6pts from the blades.

augie

Post by augie »

Pikey terry wouldnt even celebrate the villa goal against his chav c.unts :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Chelski are gonna give villa a right hammering in second half - how they aint comfortably ahead by now I dont know :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:09 pm
Pikey terry wouldnt even celebrate the villa goal against his chav c.unts :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Chelski are gonna give villa a right hammering in second half - how they aint comfortably ahead by now I dont know :shock:
Did the cúnt have the temerity to join in a knee protest?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

I hate, absolutely hate, commentators or pundits calling players by their first name. That was Spit the Scouser tonight when the Victims right back had two free kicks lined up.. You are paid to be impartial you spitting Scouse :censored: .

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:33 pm
I hate, absolutely hate, commentators or pundits calling players by their first name. That was Spit the Scouser tonight when the Victims right back had two free kicks lined up.. You are paid to be impartial you spitting Scouse :censored: .
How is that prick anywhere near employed these days? Anywhere else in the world, he would be done for life after what he did. English football broadcasting and their obsession with the murdering scouse scum? Two week ban or whatever and never mentioned again. Almost like we've seen this before. Oh, yeah, Heysel.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

People were rightly worried about the lack of home advantage without fans being at the ground

It seems to be playing out that way

Since the resumption there have been 2 home wins - Manchester City and Brighton

I wonder what the link is with those 2 games :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Glad we put an end to the baffling selections and lack of identity. Apparently his meticulous preparation has started for the Southampton game, and rumour has it Martinelli's name was accidently left out of the hat for the first two games!

Lose the cup tie and you can just f.uck off. Put Freddie back in charge - he wasn't any worse than this clown

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 am
People were rightly worried about the lack of home advantage without fans being at the ground

Glad we put an end to the baffling selections and lack of identity. Apparently his meticulous preparation has started for the Southampton game, and rumour has it Martinelli's name was accidently left out of the hat for the first two games!

Lose the cup tie and you can just f.uck off. Put Freddie back in charge - he wasn't any worse than this clown
hmmm yeah I wonder what that could be mate :D :D

I remember Wenger once saying there was no difference between playing home or away. The pitch is the same, the ball is the same, the rules are the same etc. I think he thought you could create a team of unemotional automatons that could carry out a range of pre-determined patterns and instructions and that a passionate crowd up in the stands should not be able to influence this in any way.

Complete bullshit of course but I bet the latter day project youth Wenger would have loved being a manager right now being able to carry out his work without the riff-raff there to distract it or question anything he did :barscarf: .

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:44 am

The geordies won at home yesterday Steve