other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nanker Phelge

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Nanker Phelge »

This one got all the climbing. The last steps are indeed always the hardest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWdPIvyLMG0

For some reason the Mighty Mouse song popped up in my head :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJvM8eYcpL0

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Funny as it is as he's a Scum *word censored* the media will be saying it wasn't his fault and he'll get let off because of extenuating circumstances :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:47 pm

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :D :D
Classic :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:59 pm
Funny as it is as he's a Scum *word censored* the media will be saying it wasn't his fault and he'll get let off because of extenuating circumstances :roll:
Yep, from the reaction I've seen, it's all alright because someone was giving him abuse and he's the only player who's ever been abused or whatever and nobody ever in the history of football has ever had that happen to them before. It's their own fans too, so, that's all ok too. He's also a bit of a hot-head, so that's ok too because, you know, how can a hot-head control his temper or whatever.

Fucking hell, the excuses the press make for that fucking team. My fucking God, we've all been at matches where players have received the most fucking horrific abuse and just got on with the game. Sol Campbell every time he went back to that shithole had stuff which was fucking abysmal but didn't react in any way. Suddenly, one of the media's darling teams has clambered into the stands to try to fight one of his own supporters and that's ok. Fucking hell. This was one of the chavviest, Saturday night down the local boozer, fancy a punch-up in the car-park between two fat blokes that you'll ever see in professional football and it's being spun as some sort of noble deed. Fuck me. Only that absolute scum of a club would have this happen and I'm just sitting here watching them all turn on each other yet again. Oh, it's fucking wonderful to see.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Well the manure girly kicking twat that was Caaantona assaulted the boy at Palace which led to a 9 month ban. His reaction was immediate to verbal abuse about the career choice of his mother - I believe she had taken the same career path as Hoddle's mum. Manure banned him for 4 months and then the FA upped it to 9 months.

Whilst Dickhead didn't kick anybody he clearly had time to reconsider his response to whatever he claims to have heard or seen some 20 rows back from the pitch yet he didn't stop as he was clambering over row after row of seats. There is footage of him having a pop at the 2 blokes in beanie hats and he has to be held back so there is clearly grounds for the PL to ban him at least until the end of this season. Anything else will be a travesty.

I haven't seen any footage of him taking a swing at anybody which is a shame - just ends up looking a complete fanny.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:58 am
Well the manure girly kicking twat that was Caaantona assaulted the boy at Palace which led to a 9 month ban. His reaction was immediate to verbal abuse about the career choice of his mother - I believe she had taken the same career path as Hoddle's mum. Manure banned him for 4 months and then the FA upped it to 9 months.

Whilst Dickhead didn't kick anybody he clearly had time to reconsider his response to whatever he claims to have heard or seen some 20 rows back from the pitch yet he didn't stop as he was clambering over row after row of seats. There is footage of him having a pop at the 2 blokes in beanie hats and he has to be held back so there is clearly grounds for the PL to ban him at least until the end of this season. Anything else will be a travesty.

I haven't seen any footage of him taking a swing at anybody which is a shame - just ends up looking a complete fanny.
Must have pretty amazing hearing to launch into spuds fans that are quite a few rows back from the pitch.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

most grounds are more bothered about fans running onto the pitch.
at Spurs it is the other way around - they will need to have marshals facing the pitch now! :lol: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

BT cannot handle Bournemouth's goal being allowed at Anfield..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

So deliberate handball is not a yellow card if it is windy ...Rules of football according to Steve Macmanaman..

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:17 pm
So deliberate handball is not a yellow card if it is windy ...Rules of football according to Steve Macmanaman..
In the first half today Arnold played a cross field pass which was going over Mane's head near the touchline, Mane put up his hands to stop the ball, he didn't catch it but clearly it was handball. The referee gave a free to Bournemouth and naturally their players asked about a yellow card for an obvious deliberate hand ball.
Ref said no and on commentary Macmanaman said that it wasn't a yellow because Mane was caught by the flight of the ball and he only put up his hands to stop it going out.
Injury time, Mane is chasing a ball going towards the edge of the Bournemouth area, there is a slight tangle which nothing comes of, then Mane flips up in the air..Obviously he plays for Liverpool so Macmanaman can't admit it's a dive...so it's "delayed."....No yellow card again.. In reality Mane should have been sent off.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Burnley 1-1 scum 51 mins gone

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If Ancelotti is going to be a big success at Everton then he faces the sort of challenge that has faced Dick/Freddie/Arteta in terms of big match mentality - probably the only team ahead of us that I would confidently predict to get rolled over whenever they go to one of the top six clubs. Absolutely shocking big match away record, and making the Chavs look like Brazil 82 already :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:45 pm
If Ancelotti is going to be a big success at Everton then he faces the sort of challenge that has faced Dick/Freddie/Arteta in terms of big match mentality - probably the only team ahead of us that I would confidently predict to get rolled over whenever they go to one of the top six clubs. Absolutely shocking big match away record, and making the Chavs look like Brazil 82 already :banghead:
Nice to see someone use Brazil 82 instead of Brazil 70.

I wasnt born in 1970 but that 1982 side are still the team I am most in awe of and that world cup is still the best one Ive seen. Football had more of an aura back then but it was a lesson early in life that cynical sides with more nous like Italy will often triumph over more talented opponents. Although if Brazil's main striker Reinaldo (sp?) hadnt been injured before the tournament and replaced by the average Serginho then they might have won it.