other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Jock Gooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Jock Gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:27 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 am
SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:30 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:22 am
Sutch2 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:14 pm
Gutted. It now falls to shitty to end their unbeaten run, as I can't see anyone else beating them and I can't see us beating them either.

With that said, they've been lucky as fuck over the past year or so. Take away the decisions and penalties they've jammed, as someone else on this forum said a while ago (forgotten who), they got lucky as fuck with all the usual top sides being a sack of shit in the CL last year. They got lucky in big games with other sides having key players out (prick Kane, Laporte). They got the rub of the green again tonight in the form of that Wolves player who refused to take van *word censored* on.

I'm really concerned about them going unbeaten. I was at the start of the season, doubly so now. We've had a few concerns before; with Manure in 2010/11 where they went about half a season or so unbeaten and then McCarthy beat them. Then the small russian club in 14/15 when they ran away with it in the early months without losing, then they lost to toon in November I think.

If they go unbeaten, it'll be worse than anything with them. Equally as bad is they could win the league at our place (don't know if they'll be too far ahead by then).
to be honest I think as a club we became too hung up on this unbeaten "invincibles" thing.
it gave Wenger an arrogance that he really did not deserve and it was one of the reasons why we couldn't get rid of him for so long.

what has been completely airbrushed from history is that George Graham nearly led us to an unbeaten season in 1991 (only lost 1 league game that season).

i am not too bothered about Liverpool going unbeaten - what will become really annoying though is that they will say they are the better invincibles, because lets face it they are going to get well over 100 points now :shock:
i think there are a couple of reasons to suggest Liverpool won't go unbeaten though. Laporte is back for City so it will be tougher for City to score up there, but i certainly think City will.
also the sooner they wrap up the title the better - they are more likely to switch off and concentrate on the CL once they win the league.
Well said. I'd back the Invincibles over two legs (Cashley, Pires and Henry would've raped TAA and Salah down the left hand side) but this Liverpool team is on course for 200 points and 1 defeat over two seasons and a very good chance of back to back CL's. Unbelievable achievements, definitely makes you look at Wenger's unbeaten season in a new light.
You Really DON'T Get what it is to be a Gooner do you. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Just calling it as I see it. Of course I'd like to see them lose and I still expect it to happen.

It's more of an indictment on Wenger for underachieving with a better team.

Yeah but you do have a track record of calling it a bit 'spursy' don't you.

It doesn't matter what you think would happen between them now and us then....completely irrelevant. The history books have it in black and white as fact and it looks a whole lot better with us as the only invincibles.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Saudi Arabia’s sovereign-wealth fund is understood to be part of a consortium that could buy Newcastle United for around £340 million.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... talks-buy/

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

It doesn't matter what you think would happen between them now and us then....completely irrelevant. The history books have it in black and white as fact and it looks a whole lot better with us as the only invincibles.
I concur.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Tranmere keeper just got a yellow card for deliberately bringing down the Manure player for the penalty..He certainly did not make an honest attempt to win the ball so like Luiz on Tuesday he should have got a straight red card. Find this subjective calls annoying.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Whilst Fulham player was sent off for a professional foul...

It’s a red card for a reason, again just another example of fucking around with rules for the sake of it.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Victims concede a penalty from a foul outside the box and Shrewbury have now equalised :coffeespit:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Great result Shrewsbury. :barscarf:

FA Cup is still capable of producing these kind of results.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

This morning should be all about Shrewsbury Town.
Instead Klopp has made it all about himself.

What an arrogant, selfish :censored:
Fuck off back to Germany if you don’t like English football.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:03 am

The man is a cùnt. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Many years ago..well 1997-98 season Wenger was told he didn't respect English football because he played kids in a League Cup game v Birmingham City.
Wenger won seven FA Cups as manager but only became accepted and liked by the media when he stopped being a serious manager a d a serious threat..The egotistical Klopp was a hero from day one because he is a character.. Everytime I see his smug face on TV I hate him more and more. Where is the outrage after his announcement that only under23s will play in the replay?

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

personally I think that the PL just want to try and kill off the FA Cup.

they deliberately schedule a round of PL matches just before the 3rd and 4th rounds and now they have introduced a winter break to clash with an FA Cup replay date.
there are already loads of breaks during the season as it is - they are called international breaks.
you can also criticise the European competitions for spreading out their matches far more than they used to or indeed need to.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:

YeahI saw that too. not surprising perhaps. I mean anyone who looks like he sleeps in a dustbin but has gnashers THAT white (bleached obviously) must be something of an attention seeker.

and a CUN.T.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Klopp really does come across as quite pathetic here because apparently the League told all PL clubs that you’d have a shorter winter break if there were cup replays before the season. Why the fuck did he play the kids then if he was that desperate to have the entire winter break?

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Klopp needs to do us all a favour and shut up. It never ceases to amaze me that mangers whine on about how many matches they have to play.

If I was the manager of a side who were walking the league and were about to lift the title for the first time in years I would simply fu.ck the FA Cup off. Absolute no brainer, especially if you happened to have a CL from the previous season in your back pocket. This is a simple case of prioritisation so you stick all your resources into securing the league. The domestic cups are a nice day out but in this day and age are trinkets in comparison to the PL or CL.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm
Klopp needs to do us all a favour and shut up. It never ceases to amaze me that mangers whine on about how many matches they have to play.

If I was the manager of a side who were walking the league and were about to lift the title for the first time in years I would simply fu.ck the FA Cup off. Absolute no brainer, especially if you happened to have a CL from the previous season in your back pocket. This is a simple case of prioritisation so you stick all your resources into securing the league. The domestic cups are a nice day out but in this day and age are trinkets in comparison to the PL or CL.
Er.... excuse me. I'm seeing the word "Klopp" in your post but I'm not seeing it qualified by the word "cùnt". This is most unusual. Did I miss something? Has something gone very wrong in your life? :rubchin: