other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
the playing mantis

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by the playing mantis »

bit worried about the scum myself too as hilarious as yesterday was. they looked awful last year and on opening day, but they are a confidence team and always have been. the ridculous capitulation by united and bale euphoria had them on crest of a wave. i can only hope this has punctured them. its a feeling of a mad cap season where a team could do a leicester as the usual dominant teams mess about (united are awful, we are plodding, chelsea should be doing much better but have a manager way out of his depth, city are on a big decline, and liverpool are not infallible, especially without vvd).

im trying to ocnvice myself scum have signed spanish danny rose equivalent, 2 pl plodders in hojberg and doherty (even though doherty better than bellend), a flat track bully reserve fro portugal, an average welsh centre back and a crocked disinterested superstar. kane and the nasty diving cheating dog eater will always have purple patches, and it wont last and maureen will bring them down.

before the bale signing i was confident we would be above them despite our limitations. but as ever im fearful because of the crap served up by city, chelsea and lessre extend the victims

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Virgil Van Dijk played for Liverpool at home to Leeds United and away to Aston Villa. In those two games alone Liverpool conceded ten goals. He is good, in fact he is very good. However I think his own standards had dropped and he had become a bit entitled. He argued every decision with referees , for example the imaginary foul in the build up to Nelson's goal at the Grove last season.
Not in work today..I had a look at SSN this morning and you would think the world is dealing with a catastrophe on the scale of the assassination of JFK..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:51 pm
bit worried about the scum myself too as hilarious as yesterday was. they looked awful last year and on opening day, but they are a confidence team and always have been. the ridculous capitulation by united and bale euphoria had them on crest of a wave. i can only hope this has punctured them. its a feeling of a mad cap season where a team could do a leicester as the usual dominant teams mess about (united are awful, we are plodding, chelsea should be doing much better but have a manager way out of his depth, city are on a big decline, and liverpool are not infallible, especially without vvd).

im trying to ocnvice myself scum have signed spanish danny rose equivalent, 2 pl plodders in hojberg and doherty (even though doherty better than bellend), a flat track bully reserve fro portugal, an average welsh centre back and a crocked disinterested superstar. kane and the nasty diving cheating dog eater will always have purple patches, and it wont last and maureen will bring them down.

before the bale signing i was confident we would be above them despite our limitations. but as ever im fearful because of the crap served up by city, chelsea and lessre extend the victims
Relax old buddy. That team won't be the scum. They are too spurzy to win it. :D

herbert

Post by herbert »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 pm
herbert wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:43 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:34 pm
So villa keep on winning and get themselves yet another clean sheet :rubchin: 17mill we flogged Martinez for :oops: ffs what a fuck up :oops:
We will never know how far he would have gone with us but on his performances before the move I thought he was going to be our no1 for many years
I was gutted when we sold him herbert :cry: Leno doesn't fill me with confidence the way he punches everything.Martinez caught everything and it was the first time in years I wasn't shitting myself every time a cross or corner was slung into our box.Weve made a major booboo imo definitely sold the wrong keeper.
I was gutted to, Leno is decent and he as saved us in quite a few games but Martinez gave me more confidence and the ball seems to stick to him better

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
herbert wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
So villa keep on winning and get themselves yet another clean sheet :rubchin: 17mill we flogged Martinez for :oops: ffs what a fuck up :oops:
We will never know how far he would have gone with us but on his performances before the move I thought he was going to be our no1 for many years
I was gutted when we sold him herbert :cry: Leno doesn't fill me with confidence the way he punches everything.Martinez caught everything and it was the first time in years I wasn't shitting myself every time a cross or corner was slung into our box.Weve made a major booboo imo definitely sold the wrong keeper.
I was gutted to, Leno is decent and he as saved us in quite a few games but Martinez gave me more confidence and the ball seems to stick to him better
Agreed. Leno is a good keeper but he doesn't command his area well enough and his inability to catch the ball and his propensity for parrying right back into the danger area mean he'll never be a truly top keeper.

I said it at the time we should have kept Martinez as number one and made Leno fight for the jersey.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 am
herbert wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:14 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
herbert wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Agreed. Leno is a good keeper but he doesn't command his area well enough and his inability to catch the ball and his propensity for parrying right back into the danger area mean he'll never be a truly top keeper.

I said it at the time we should have kept Martinez as number one and made Leno fight for the jersey.
He's gone lads so best to move on before you appear outside his house with a mix tape you made for him.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Lets hope that manures win in Paris keeps that wee Norwegian fanny in charge a little longer..every cloud n that :)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:27 pm
Lets hope that manures win in Paris keeps that wee Norwegian fanny in charge a little longer..every cloud n that :)

I didn't know Hobbits came from Norway!.. :? Well ya live and learn huh!? :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:18 pm
falkirk goon wrote:

You modern kids you know nothing about your own people and culture. :x

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:08 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Oi! Don't dis my (very distant) relatives...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:37 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:08 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:

Oi! Don't dis my (very distant) relatives...

I've had her. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:coffeespit:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Leeds giving Villa a proper brownholing 3-0 up in injury time

augie

Post by augie »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:52 pm

And martinez apparently fcuked up for one of the goals - might disrupt the recent narrative on here at least for a few days 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:52 pm

And martinez apparently fcuked up for one of the goals - might disrupt the recent narrative on here at least for a few days 8)
Nah, Martinez didn’t fuck up at all. It was a good low drive that was tough to deal with.

Leno last night on the other hand... that was a fuck up :lol: