other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SydneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:36 pm
There's one little soccerball devotee on here that must be devastated that "Goal of the Season contender" and all round soccerball hero Son was sent off due to VAR yesterday. :( :cry:

Still, hopefully for him and apparently "the good of the game" the victims should go on and win the PL. Bless. :lol:
:lol:

Fucking Comedian.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:40 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
There's one little soccerball devotee on here that must be devastated that "Goal of the Season contender" and all round soccerball hero Son was sent off due to VAR yesterday. :( :cry:

Still, hopefully for him and apparently "the good of the game" the victims should go on and win the PL. Bless. :lol:

Fucking Comedian.

You started it :lol:
On a serious note I never want to see that scum win anything, fuck them

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:40 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fucking Comedian.

'Twas a good goal is all I said. :(

They won't. That's why they're always good for a laugh.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:45 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fucking Comedian.

I was talking about Liverpool :lol:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:54 pm
SydneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:45 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Fucking Comedian.

I was talking about Liverpool :lol:
When it comes to the league they've bottled it before in a similar position (granted never by 13 points at Christmas) so don't discount their ability to do so yet again.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

And to think that back in the day a certain "Red Member" received a ban for saying Denilson should be captain :D

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:18 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

And to think that back in the day a certain "Red Member" received a ban for saying Denilson should be captain :D
:shock:

Surely not.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

You wouldn't let it lie ya bugger :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Good times, Stevo red member, Highburyjd the biggest super fan since the last biggest super fan, and who could forget US Martin who in hindsight might have a point RE the board.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Good times, Stevo red member, Highburyjd the biggest super fan since the last biggest super fan, and who could forget US Martin who in hindsight might have a point RE the board.
I think HighburyJD was to me what a certain fella with a cousin in France was to you mate? :D :wink:

Whatever happened to our roving French football correspondent ?

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:55 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:25 am
Do stadium bans actually work, season tickets can be cancelled but what other measures can be taken to stop someone entering a stadium? For example a general sale game a paper ticket can be bought or printed without rigorous checks? Sit in a different part of the stadium and you could be unrecognisable
Yes, I agree with you. I once spoke to a bloke from Cardiff who was banned from every football ground in England and Wales for being involved in continuous hooliganism. He told me he got banned for seven years after a huge fight during a game against Millwall. He then told me that he was happily going to any match because nobody can really identify you.
The main sanction is a fine or imprisonment if you break a banning order but that's only if it comes through the courts.
I think closing the ground to home fans is one way or making them play the next home fixture at a different venue is the most effective option. Sponsorship and image matter so much to clubs so for an empty ground to be seen on tv, hits them hard. One suggestion for the punushment which seems quite good is for the club to forfeit the next home fixture between the teams, so they play the team twice away the following season.
Im pretty sure that anyone with a football banning order has to report to their local copshop the same time as the game kicks off. But yeah, they can always go see other clubs, especially thesedays with staggered kicks offs over three days.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

He should have done jail time for that alone.

But in fairness his wumming was non stop and got excessive. Despite numerous warnings etc he kept it up and had to go.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

But in fairness his wumming was non stop and got excessive. Despite numerous warnings etc he kept it up and had to go.
Are you saying that declaring Almunia should be first choice, labelling Djourou an excellent CB, and claiming that Theo was being underpaid were all signs of wumming? You bloody mods.....now't gets past you eh? :D :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:10 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Are you saying that declaring Almunia should be first choice, labelling Djourou an excellent CB, and claiming that Theo was being underpaid were all signs of wumming? You bloody mods.....now't gets past you eh? :D :barscarf:
:lol: :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Racism in any form is despicable but what worries me is that how soon will it be before any chanting, singing etc is banned if it is aimed at a player because it 'may' be abusive? I get the feeling this will roll into that grey area where anything can be deemed abusive and no fans will be allowed to say anything for fear of being banned or arrested.

Look at what happened with Xhaka, on one side the media were saying what he did was unacceptable but very quickly the narrative changed to how abusive the fans were at the game and online, and suddenly the majority of the media were implying our poor snowflake was actually in the right. Jmagine if he had been black, that narrative would have very quickly implied he was being racially abused, its worrying that racism is on the rise but it's even more worrying that it has become the default 'reason' for abuse not that the player was shit, cheating or whatever and that was why he got abused.

When Sterling scored in one of the recent England matches nothing was said about him going and celebrating deliberately in front of the opposition fans trying to provoke a reaction which is exactly what he got, racism is vile but stupidity is equally as reprehensible in an already volatile situation :rubchin: