other matches this weekend - Sean Dyche appreciation thread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by OneBardGooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:05 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:47 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:30 am
Thought the match got tedious at times, Liverpool were going around in circles with only Mane of their front three looking threatening. Bayern were playing for a draw and were as disruptive as possible. Gnarbey played ok, skinned Robertson early on but his end product wasn't always what it should be.
Still think it is all to play for , that might be a good thing as it distracts the Victims for another two weeks..Watched game on RTE ( Irish TV) as I knew what BT would be like and it seems they were true to form.
Agreed Gnabry was hit and miss. Couple of good runs but no real end product and at one point got absolutely ragdolled by Henderson of all people. :oops:

I think Gnabry's problem at our place was he was aggressive and wanted to take the game to his oppo number and we all know that type of ancient thinking did not fit with Arsene's revolutionary system of 35 tippy tappy passes across the midfield and back to the defence in the hope we could bore the oppo to sleep while our manager sat immobile in the dug out and hugged himself like a troubled 14 year old. :roll:
Gnabry would've done well under Emery. Might have been better than your mate Iwobi.
There's no 'might' about it mate - Gnabri is far more talented than Bobble Head - Yet another legacy of wengercuntslop :?

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Celtic out of Europe tonight. Just heard on a radio sports bulletin that they haven't won a knock out round in fifteen years.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:44 pm
Celtic out of Europe tonight. Just heard on a radio sports bulletin that they haven't won a knock out round in fifteen years.
Special circumstances ?

They are shite

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Watford firing their muck right up Cardiff :oops: Colin Wanker will be good :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

falkirk goon wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:17 pm
Watford firing their muck right up Cardiff :oops: Colin Wanker will be good :lol:
All down to the penalty they didn't get..Sky gave him plenty of time to moan about it and then went back for a second interview about the same.

augie

Post by augie »

Last season the media over-hype on young English players had their focus squarely on sessignon (sp :oops: ) of fulham, and yet again they have been shown up to be as clueless as ever :roll: This season he has been far from a regular starter in a poor fulham team, and when he does start in games (like last night v shammers), he has shown himself to be lazy, gutless, and uninterested

Has to be said that there was a chambers lad playing in the CDM role for fulham who looked quite good 8)

John F

Post by John F »

Mancs v Bin dippers is a tough one to decide on.If Utd win then it would put a halt to the klippity love in but move the swamp dwellers 2pts nearer and affect our remote top 4 chances.If Liverpool win then that could give them a boost to win the title.If a draw doesn't happen then the best option for me in a bad choice is a Liverpool win.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

John F wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Mancs v Bin dippers is a tough one to decide on.If Utd win then it would put a halt to the klippity love in but move the swamp dwellers 2pts nearer and affect our remote top 4 chances.If Liverpool win then that could give them a boost to win the title.If a draw doesn't happen then the best option for me in a bad choice is a Liverpool win.
No way, Liverpool winning the title CAN NOT happen. Must not happen.

When I watch spurs games I have to turn the commentary off. If you didn't know who they were you would think they held every trophy on offer and well on the way to defending them all. The love in the media have with them, and especially their manager, is nothing short of irrational!! Poch has apparently won every major trophy in Europe and is now sweeping all before him in the EPL.......that's how I understand it anyway :? :? :?

Rian1

Post by Rian1 »

John F wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:33 pm
Can’t let Shiterpool win this, it would be a huge boost to their confidence. A draw would be a good result. Both sides drop points and although Unted gets a boost by halting Shiterpool, they are bound to drop points from tomorrow until Chelksi (Palace, PSG, Arsenal, Wolves, Citeh to face believe) and as long as we don’t shit the bed from now until we face United it should be fine.

On the other hand it’ll slow momentum down for Shiterpool and allow Citeh to close off.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Fuck off you Spurs. Good start to the weekend. Thanks Burnley.

Poch losing it like the bitch he is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and manure to beat the victims......no other acceptable outcome.

Be nice if we could go to Wembley and not lose to the scum just to finish off their non existent challenge :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

According to the "pundits" Spurs title challenge has suffered a huge setback. Title challenge??? :? :? :?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Scum in usual bottling of complete non-title challenge. Haven't seen it but apparently fatty went mad at the ref at the end. Sounds perfect for Manure then.

John F

Post by John F »

Slight correction Scum 5points off if Bin dippers lose :barscarf: If we win tomorrow then against Bournemouth and the Scum lose at Chelsea.We could get within touching distance with a win at Wembley. :barscarf: A lot of ifs!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:30 pm
According to the "pundits" Spurs title challenge has suffered a huge setback. Title challenge??? :? :? :?
So it’s not 1961 all over again then ?
The Beatles, Moon landing (faked), decimalisation, clolour tv, Berlin Wall coming down, mobile phones, times change, but they’re still shite.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Over a decade as a manager. Not a single trophy won. Elite. 8)