other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:18 pm
danny ings :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
And the crayon muncher just popped his hammy.
All going to shit for dear old Jose

Clash

Post by Clash »

Mourinho booked by Mike Dean 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Gotta give credit to the saints fans cos they have been dishing out abuse to the scum contingent all game - if it isn't "fcuk off Mourinho" it's "deli ali is a w.anker a w.anker" :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Is it just my hatred of the scum or was VAR soft on them for the Saints pen shout :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:49 pm
Is it just my hatred of the scum or was VAR soft on them for the Saints pen shout :?
I thought the same mate. The scum player was a fair distance away and his arm wasn't in a natural position from what I could see either

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:
I thought the same mate. The scum player was a fair distance away and his arm wasn't in a natural position from what I could see either

100% it wasn't in a natural position - isn't that one of the main criteria for judging if it should be a penalty or not ??

Anyway fcuk them cos they lost anyway :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:37 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:18 pm
danny ings :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
And the crayon muncher just popped his hammy.
All going to shit for dear old Jose
And to think there were some on here wanting yesterday's man Maureen as our new manager :D

Already taken their style of play 10 years backwards, apparently argued with Saints bench too. All going to plan. Just give him 100m+ to waste on absolute dross in the window and the demise will be complete. No way they are finishing top 4 under him

Just the players, officials, media and owner left to fall out with before the inevitable end

augie

Post by augie »

Spare a thought for poor old Eriksson - found out one of his team-mates was banging his wife behind his back, and has lost his place in a shit scum team and that in turn has seen his stock with Europe's big clubs nosedive alarmingly, even though he is available on a freebie. It looks like a shit manure side is the only "big club" interested in him now :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:56 pm
Clash wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:51 pm
Jock Gooner wrote:

100% it wasn't in a natural position - isn't that one of the main criteria for judging if it should be a penalty or not ??

Anyway fcuk them cos they lost anyway :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

That's what I thought and was genuinely shocked that VAR didn't give it.

But all is well with the world.....well for about 4 hours anyway :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Moyes's hapless Hammers already 2 up against the team everyone's beating (apart from us, but we showed huge improvement to draw 1-1 :banghead: )

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As funny as it is to see the scum losing that Southampton win actually puts them ahead of us in the table :shock:

Yep the same Southampton who lost 9-0 at home to Leicester and have been 70% of the season in the relegation zone. The season can’t get any more fucked up.

I am still shitting myself over the potential of this lot bringing us fucking down.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm
As funny as it is to see the scum losing that Southampton win actually puts them ahead of us in the table :shock:

Yep the same Southampton who lost 9-0 at home to Leicester and have been 70% of the season in the relegation zone. The season can’t get any more fucked up.

I am still shitting myself over the potential of this lot to bring us fucking down.
I think that realisation is going to set in for a lot of people mate. Watford and Saints scrapping their way out. Everton bounced under Dunc and subsequently the bloke not good enough for us, and West Ham 3-0 up against Bournemouth

Worst defensive unit in the whole division and the least experienced manager

Norwich beating Palace too lol

Don't think it can't happen - Kroenke will take us down

4 points off the drop zone, and just 8 off the bottom going into this one as things stand
Last edited by SteveO 35 on Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:03 pm

I am still shitting myself over the potential of this lot to bring us fucking down.
I just looked at the table and had a flashback to the 94-95 season where we seemed to be permanently shit and constantly losing.

augie

Post by augie »

I feel sorry for eddie howe cos I think that he is a nice guy who has stayed too long out of loyalty to his Bournemouth, and now he has seen his reputation take a massive hit. I don't think we will ever know if he is a good enough manager for a big club, cos I think that he has chance to get a job at a big club is gone :(

I think that this season we will see bournemouth and burnley relegated back to the championship, although I would like to see Bournemouth stay up if I'm honest

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 pm
I feel sorry for eddie howe cos I think that he is a nice guy who has stayed too long out of loyalty to his Bournemouth, and now he has seen his reputation take a massive hit. I don't think we will ever know if he is a good enough manager for a big club, cos I think that he has chance to get a job at a big club is gone :(

I think that this season we will see bournemouth and burnley relegated back to the championship, although I would like to see Bournemouth stay up if I'm honest
It looks very much like a bloke who has taken a club as far as they can go under his management. A year ago might have been a good time to move on but no top 12 club would consider him a big enough name. He hasn't really had any experience of anything other than finishing 15th or wherever so wouldn't even get a go at a bigger club going through a shit run, like a West Ham or Watford or a club that needs an experienced relegation-fighter manager. If he wasn't getting linked for jobs at places like Newcastle or West Ham, Palace or Southampton, he's got no chance of moving to a bigger club. He'll end up at somewhere like a Leeds or Derby or Sheffield Wednesday by the summer. A decent sized club on decent money but nowhere higher.