other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by John F »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:02 pm
NINE......FUCKING NINE.
I made the mistake of thinking during their title winning season that they wouldn't last the course.They are definitely top four contenders now .If it was us playing Southampton it would be 2-0 to them and Dick the tactical farceamind turning up to play Leicester soon.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
NINE......FUCKING NINE.
Holy Shyte. We're playing them soon aren't we? :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

So that's an 8-0 home win and a 9-0 away win in the first three months of the season. The Premier League really is becoming a richer version of the Scottish or Portugese leagues.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:26 pm
rodders999 wrote:
NINE......FUCKING NINE.
Holy Shyte. We're playing them soon aren't we? :shock:
Indeed we are :( sat 9th Nov 1730 ko at theirs :shock: we've got a trip to portugal on the weds..el ringhole will do his usual tactics and team selections in both matches..we could(probably will) get a serious seeing to.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Nit picking a bit here but if the referee saw the Bertrand challenge but allowed play to continue then I'm not sure Bertrand should have been red carded.
The rules did state that a red card could not be given if advantage was played because the attacking team were not disadvantaged as such. The referee could go back and show a yellow card. Leicester did score and it was an awful challenge. VAR has added something different to that equation and maybe the referee was correct in viewing it as a separate incident.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Leicester have a great chance of top 4. They have a very good team, both strikers are good, Maddison and Tielemans very good, Chilwell is one of the top 3 left backs in the PL, schmeical is a good keeper. Old Fat head Maguire must be kicking himself leaving an excellent team to go to Man Utd! :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:55 am
Nit picking a bit here but if the referee saw the Bertrand challenge but allowed play to continue then I'm not sure Bertrand should have been red carded.
The rules did state that a red card could not be given if advantage was played because the attacking team were not disadvantaged as such. The referee could go back and show a yellow card. Leicester did score and it was an awful challenge. VAR has added something different to that equation and maybe the referee was correct in viewing it as a separate incident.
I felt a bit sorry for Bertrand, he loses control of the ball and stretches for it and yes I know he ends up going over the ball which is a red these days but there is no real malice going into the challenge. There are still worse challenges than that which go unpunished. Also the sending off ruined the game for me as I like a good old fashioned 1 - 0 :lol:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Hopefully Leicester get top 4 instead of Spurs, wont even bother mentioning Utd as they are so sh*t, trouble is it will probably be the chavs who get the other spot not us at this rate, with their transfer ban and millions in the bank from CL football and selling Hazard we really need to keep them out of the CL this season, if not we'll likely end up stuck outside the top 4 for the forseeable future.

My prediction is that both Spuds and us will end up at top 6 teams over the next few years, them mostly down to paying for the new stadium and us mainly for the same reason and because wiggy w@nker wont invest to make up for his own f*ck ups with the way the club has been run.

United who knows?, finally get the right manager in they may overtake both of us.

:censored:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Every fucka keeps going on about Grealish !? What a nancified little fuckin tosser - he goes down like a hooker in a brothel at the slightest touch and expects a free kick every time he gets tackled...UTTER WANKJOB :cussing:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Chavski win a tough away game, Leicester win 9-0, I think the current top 4 will be the final top 4. We're just another one of the also-rans (again), we have to win tomorrow, if not Emery should be sacked, but we all know that wont happen.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fwat Fwank rocks in, loses his best player to Madrid followed by the sale of his top class keeper, has a transfer ban slapped on the club and still manages to outperform Mr. Magnolia.

FUCKING HELL :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:37 pm
Fwat Fwank rocks in, loses his best player to Madrid followed by the sale of his top class keeper, has a transfer ban slapped on the club and still manages to outperform Mr. Magnolia.

FUCKING HELL :banghead:

The chavs WILL fall away - they are a very average team with more holes than a teabag. Without doubt their defence is shocking (even worse than ours), but they are being protected by canny/disciplined midfielders like kante and jorginho. Tammy Abraham is their first choice striker. Lets let that sink in for a minute - there are very few teams in the premier league where he would be first choice striker, and yet he is their first choice and that stuns me tbh.

The big difference between us and the chavs at the mo is that they are outperforming their abilities and we are underachieving with ours - if emery and the players get their heads where they need to be and start clicking, we will blow them chavs away. No doubts

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Hopefully Leicester get top 4 instead of Spurs, wont even bother mentioning Utd as they are so sh*t, trouble is it will probably be the chavs who get the other spot not us at this rate, with their transfer ban and millions in the bank from CL football and selling Hazard we really need to keep them out of the CL this season, if not we'll likely end up stuck outside the top 4 for the forseeable future.

My prediction is that both Spuds and us will end up at top 6 teams over the next few years, them mostly down to paying for the new stadium and us mainly for the same reason and because wiggy w@nker wont invest to make up for his own f*ck ups with the way the club has been run.

United who knows?, finally get the right manager in they may overtake both of us.

:censored:
This is a massive worry. Even without CL football I can see them spending about £200+ million during the summer for all the reasons you've stated.

Blim

Post by Blim »

I hope the dredded spuds can stop the dippers from getting all 3 points today.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

Just putting it out there today, as you miserable gits have the clocks go forwards tonight, so it's darker and even more miserable tomorrow morning, and here in sunny WA, we hit 34 degrees today. It's our Spring weather. 8)

Victims to go marching on today and increase their chances of becoming Invincibles?

or

The Jam Rags getting an away win, (VAR assisted or otherwise). Thus, going above us as as we inevitably lose at home to the mighty
Crystal Palace ?

If the bindippers were to lose at home, I would blame Thatcher and The Sun. FACT