other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by TeeCee »

I thought VAR was spot on disallowing Mane’s goal.
When the ball came down he had his hand and arm by his thigh and the ball hit his arm and it helped to bring the ball under control. I’d be seriously pissed off if that wasn’t given against us. VAR is shit but I think it was right on this occasion.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

8 minutes and couting until a possible St Invincibles Day :barscarf:

Shit. That took less than a minute :banghead:

:lol:

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

Can't stand the thought of them winning the league, much less going unbeaten :cry:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

No way will they go unbeaten

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

United are awful, can't see them finishing higher than 6th (at best).

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:23 pm
No way will they go unbeaten
Maybe not, they only lost once last year, though. They can even win the league at our place. Fuck that.

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:11 pm
I thought VAR was spot on disallowing Mane’s goal.
When the ball came down he had his hand and arm by his thigh and the ball hit his arm and it helped to bring the ball under control. I’d be seriously pissed off if that wasn’t given against us. VAR is shit but I think it was right on this occasion.

100% right on mane's "goal" - the bullshit new handball rules (eg jesus goal against the scum) dictate that the attacking team cannot benefit from a handball whether it is intentional or not.

The manure goal should absolutely have been disallowed by var, and old horse teeth fleeced that fat c.unt 4th official for the remainder of the game :lol: :lol:

I have to say that you will have to go a long way to find 2 teams with midfields as shit as those 2 teams - Henderson, fabinho and winjaldom versus fred, mctominay and perreira ...…….. not a decent player between the 6 of them :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Agree with augie on those 6 midfielders. Absolute mediocrity.

Disagree on the manc filth goal. The foul was a bare touch on his shin pad and he threw himself down like he'd been shot and it was so far back in the play it would have been a nonsense for VAR to disallow the goal.

The manc filth are total gash. They caught the mousers on a serious off day with Lesbian Features off form and no Salah and only had to hold out for an easy enough win and then their shit defence went to sleep to let that shaving advert prick walk through for a tap in.

Without all three of the victim front 3 playing and playing well the myth of Stupid Teeth's "genius" was exposed again. The PL is so shite nowadays that this attention starved buffoon has put one of the most one dimensional teams in place with one of the worst midfields in history and they very well may win it at a canter ffs. :roll:

NickF

Post by NickF »

So Sol has become the manager of my local team Southend United. They've won 1 game all season in the league so has his work cut out.

Many similarities with the Arsenal - decent enough going forward but the defence is woeful.

Looks decent enough however I wonder about how long he will hang around...

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:04 pm
So Sol has become the manager of my local team Southend United. They've won 1 game all season in the league so has his work cut out.

Many similarities with the Arsenal - decent enough going forward but the defence is woeful.

And I wonder who he will blame if/when it goes tits up ? :rubchin: :roll: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:06 pm
NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:04 pm

And I wonder who he will blame if/when it goes tits up ? :rubchin: :roll: :censored:
Just think if batshit deluded Sol had played for the victims..... the amount of apologies he'd have accumulated by now.... :shock:

:D :wink:

SE12red

Post by SE12red »

Leicester tearing Saints apart at St Mary’s.
0-5 at half time albeit against 10 men.
Playing with pace and precision. They look definite contenders for a top 4 place to me.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

8 fucking nil :shock:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

NINE......FUCKING NINE.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

And for the record, everyone scoffed at the idea of signing Johnny Evans (Not me mind) yet Leicester have only conceded 8 goals this season.

He'd get in Arsenals side easily.