other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
Redarmy
Posts: 5325
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Redarmy »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 pm
So it’s looking like Chavski in the final. Two De Gea errors, the second is a shocker!
Bring ‘em on!
United are absolutely crap....Goalkeeper looks like hes on strike

Chavs have midfield possession but no one up front

We can beat both this lot in the Final

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Midz »

Chelsea are the stronger team and will be more difficult to beat. What we don't want is a repeat of the Euro final.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

We really need to beat these *word censored* in the final.

That smug *word censored* giroud

User avatar
shu
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
Location: Norwich

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by shu »

Wtf does solksjar look like , like a grey haired little school boy , prick

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by SteveO 35 »

Midz wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:46 pm
Chelsea are the stronger team and will be more difficult to beat. What we don't want is a repeat of the Euro final.
Without Hazard that final would have been a close run thing and they haven't got him now. United were absolutely pathetic today- if our keeper had conceded those first two goals we would be up in arms and rightly so

Chelsea are totally inconsistent- a bit like us. Nothing to be feared for sure and far less of a team without Hazard in it

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48130
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:22 pm
Midz wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:46 pm
Chelsea are the stronger team and will be more difficult to beat. What we don't want is a repeat of the Euro final.
Without Hazard that final would have been a close run thing and they haven't got him now. United were absolutely pathetic today- if our keeper had conceded those first two goals we would be up in arms and rightly so

Chelsea are totally inconsistent- a bit like us. Nothing to be feared for sure and far less of a team without Hazard in it
Agreed with some of that. The other thing I'd add that badly affected that final for us was Dick bizarrely selecting Kryten Features in goal when the useless fucker was useless but also about to take up his dream job with the chav a few days later. Also we were at that stage with Dick where he had no idea what system or formation to play and the players had no clue what was required of them.

These things contributed.

But agree them having Hazard put them out of touch for us.

I fancy us to beat them.

User avatar
the playing mantis
Posts: 2565
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 pm
Location: EX

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by the playing mantis »

ceh was actually our best player in the final weirdly though.

we should beat them, but i cannot get my hopes up. crappest team in years and we winn the cup, how fantastic would that be!

rub that 'cup' team down the roads noses in it...but the year ends in one so next year will be their chance...cun.ts

also maureen spouting how if it wasnt for injures blah blah blah. f off. youve been awful we should have beaten you as should newcastle but we as ever f up and give you confidence to go on a crappy little run and you get the devils own luck as ever. i havent seen the leicester game but leicester are in a hole so cannot judge from that but i imagone they were shit in that too.

how sweet it would be if we win the cup. i dont care if they get europa...the money will help them, not much but a bit but thursday nights will hinder them...unless the crazy 5 sub rule is implemented

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 13164
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by mcdowell42 »

Everton doing us a favour atm against sheff utd, they are 1 up

Palace not doing us a favour losing 2-0
to wolves
Last edited by mcdowell42 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Andrew »

We're guaranteed 10th minimum!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:




Is there a trophy?

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6506
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by StuartL »

Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 pm
We're guaranteed 10th minimum!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:




Is there a trophy?
No, but there will be a parade :) :barscarf:

Andrew
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Andrew »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:03 pm
Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 pm
We're guaranteed 10th minimum!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:




Is there a trophy?
No, but there will be a parade :) :barscarf:

Am I allowed to ask if there'll be a DVD? :lol:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48130
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:03 pm
Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 pm
We're guaranteed 10th minimum!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:




Is there a trophy?
No, but there will be a parade :) :barscarf:

Am I allowed to ask if there'll be a DVD? :lol:
If we were the scum there'd be a DVD and coffee mug combo!

arrgee
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by arrgee »

Top 4 trophy final this weekend between Leicester and Manchester United. Will Wenger present it?

Andrew
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:47 pm
Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
StuartL wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:03 pm
Andrew wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:28 pm
We're guaranteed 10th minimum!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:




Is there a trophy?
No, but there will be a parade :) :barscarf:

Am I allowed to ask if there'll be a DVD? :lol:
If we were the scum there'd be a DVD and coffee mug combo!
Racist.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 28883
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:04 pm
Wtf does solksjar look like , like a grey haired little school boy , prick

I think DB called it right when he said he looked like a fuckin' Hobbit. :lol:


See Anthony Taylor is the ref for the FA Cup Final.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53504001

Post Reply