other matches this weekend

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48406
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:

John F
Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48406
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2737
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 am
John F wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.
Defending Wenger?

Isn't it a but early to be on the drink, snorting pills, lsd, heroin, coke, crack and speed?

:lol:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 48406
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by DB10GOONER »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 am
John F wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.
Defending Wenger?

Isn't it a but early to be on the drink, snorting pills, lsd, heroin, coke, crack and speed?

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Quality. 8)

Andrew
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:35 pm
Location: North London

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Andrew »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:26 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 am
John F wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:19 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 pm
Gnabry with two goals in the first 35mins of a CL Semi final

Wenger knows
As much as we can blame Wenger for signing and retaining lots of shit players over the last decade I don't think the Gnabry departure was Wenger's mistake. I recall he wanted him to stay on a long term contract but Gnabry got the fuck out ASAP. I suppose we can blame Arsene for fucking that team up so badly that Gnabry wanted out of dodge though. :wink:
I think we can blame him for the way he treated him and shipping him out to Pullis of all people.
Yep I'd agree with that. We can also blame him for not playing the kid enough. But I think there is a general feeling that Wenger released him as he thought the kid wasnt good enough and that's not the case.
Defending Wenger?

Isn't it a but early to be on the drink, snorting pills, lsd, heroin, coke, crack and speed?

:lol:
AKA All-day breakfast.

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3546
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Nos89 »

I do wonder how British commentators can talk about Bayern Munich coach Hans Flick without making a reference to a character from the '80's sitcom 'Allo 'Allo with a similar name? :hmmthink:

I predicted a PSG vs Man City final as i thought it would be inevitable those two will meet in a UCL final. Despite the smashing of English teams and the spectacular result against Barcalona, I think PSG will win it as defence is slightly more organised than Munich's. Mbappe or Di Maria will give Davies a torrid time.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2737
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 pm
I do wonder how British commentators can talk about Bayern Munich coach Hans Flick without making a reference to a character from the '80's sitcom 'Allo 'Allo with a similar name? :hmmthink:

I predicted a PSG vs Man City final as i thought it would be inevitable those two will meet in a UCL final. Despite the smashing of English teams and the spectacular result against Barcalona, I think PSG will win it as defence is slightly more organised than Munich's. Mbappe or Di Maria will give Davies a torrid time.
If bayern defend like the first ten mins of last night then they will be in trouble

User avatar
StuartL
Posts: 6570
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 8:22 pm
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day and I’m feeling good

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by StuartL »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:12 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:43 pm
I do wonder how British commentators can talk about Bayern Munich coach Hans Flick without making a reference to a character from the '80's sitcom 'Allo 'Allo with a similar name? :hmmthink:

I predicted a PSG vs Man City final as i thought it would be inevitable those two will meet in a UCL final. Despite the smashing of English teams and the spectacular result against Barcalona, I think PSG will win it as defence is slightly more organised than Munich's. Mbappe or Di Maria will give Davies a torrid time.
If bayern defend like the first ten mins of last night then they will be in trouble
I think there will be a few goals though.

Not particularly bothered who wins

User avatar
Natural Born Gooner
Posts: 1254
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:06 pm
Location: Taking aim, ready to FIRE!

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I know some people look down at the Europa League as some kind of tin pot cup, but fuck me I'd love Arsenal to have the same kind of success as Sevilla in it.

Topside Northbank
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:06 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Topside Northbank »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
I know some people look down at the Europa League as some kind of tin pot cup, but fuck me I'd love Arsenal to have the same kind of success as Sevilla in it.
6 times winners,what a record.

The opening group stage is tedious imo,but once you get to the ko stages it's a cracking trophy to win.

Growing up of course the European Cup but the UEFA and CWC were both seen as massive prizes to win.

Just the way modern football is sadly domestic champions or Champions league winners the rest not comparable,FA Cup to me still a great trophy to win a;so. :barscarf:

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4279
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I quite enjoyed the first half of the Europa League final but the second half became embarrassing with the play acting by Seville players, I swear at least 5 times in the space of ten minutes their players went down clutching something where no actual contact was made, it reminded me of Spuds :roll:

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Midz »

What a borefest the CL final was.
I was expecting an exciting match but was disappointed.
I wasn't too bothered who won and would've liked to have seen more goals. never mind.

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 2670
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Midz »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:05 pm
I know some people look down at the Europa League as some kind of tin pot cup, but fuck me I'd love Arsenal to have the same kind of success as Sevilla in it.
ditto

User avatar
Bradywasking
Posts: 5907
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 am

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by Bradywasking »

Neymar is an annoying self centred prick..

Post Reply