Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Are we sure we started a new era in the summer because the football seems very similar to last season :banghead:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

as we expected we lost our first two games.

in both we avoided heavy defeats.

now we have a chance to build for the future, based on the positives from today.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm
We should have won this 3-5 ffs. I've never seen three sitters missed like today. :roll: :oops:
Second rate finishing. Chelsea took more of their chances, simple as that.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Not sure what everyone rates Aubemeyang so highly. He seems to miss as many sitters as Giroud. Yes, his overall game is decent and he offers something different, but wouldn't consider him an upgrade on OG overall. One Decent striker in, one decent striker out. Until we start stockpiling quality players like the big teams are doing we aren't going to challenge.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:18 pm
We should have won this 3-5 ffs. I've never seen three sitters missed like today. :roll: :oops:
Second rate finishing. Chelsea took more of their chances, simple as that.
we had 15 shots on goal. we should of won.

we were organized in two banks of four for long periods.

all three goals were down to individual errors.

we are fine going forward - even bellend and Miti, the problem is losing possession.

don't give up hope chaps. its early doors.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Played two and lost two. Nothing that I didn't expect, to be honest. Today did loom better and the organisation and tactics during the game were better than anything over the last 10 years. From what I've seen over the last two matches, it will get a lot better this season, we'll do ok but the players left over from the old regime are just not good enough and that's the difference between us and the better teams.

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:23 pm
as we expected we lost our first two games.

in both we avoided heavy defeats.

now we have a chance to build for the future, based on the positives from today.
Sadly so. We are no longer a top 4 team, let alone title challengers. I fear nothing will change until Kroenkes leave. Could be decades.

augie

Post by augie »

Am gutted that we lost that - showed real spirit to come back from 2 down and we had them reeling, so for dick and the players I wanted us to come away with something :cry:

Obviously we have too many sub-standard players, but I think that it also needs to be recognised that we have too many players that simply do not suit emery's tactics - guendozi and torreira suit his style of constantly pressing and harrassing opponents, but xhaka, ozil, mikki and ramsey (to name just 4) do not suit that strategy. We also try to play with a back 4 getting on the ball, and squeezing up when the opposition have possession, but neither of our centre halves can play that way and are a car crash waiting to happen :cry: If we had 1 speedy centre back that is comfortable in possession (a van dijk if you like) then he could work with either sokratis or mustafi, but the 2 of them together is a no no for me

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:29 pm
Played two and lost two. Nothing that I didn't expect, to be honest. Today did loom better and the organisation and tactics during the game were better than anything over the last 10 years. From what I've seen over the last two matches, it will get a lot better this season, we'll do ok but the players left over from the old regime are just not good enough and that's the difference between us and the better teams.
It had better, because 0 from 6 is a brutal start to the season for the new boss and team confidence wise. What a fucking nightmare fixture list. And City are going to be out of sight again by November with their piss easy run of games.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Hector Bellerin, once again, showing why he shouldn't be at Arsenal Football Club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm
Am gutted that we lost that - showed real spirit to come back from 2 down and we had them reeling, so for dick and the players I wanted us to come away with something :cry:

Obviously we have too many sub-standard players, but I think that it also needs to be recognised that we have too many players that simply do not suit emery's tactics - guendozi and torreira suit his style of constantly pressing and harrassing opponents, but xhaka, ozil, mikki and ramsey (to name just 4) do not suit that strategy. We also try to play with a back 4 getting on the ball, and squeezing up when the opposition have possession, but neither of our centre halves can play that way and are a car crash waiting to happen :cry: If we had 1 speedy centre back that is comfortable in possession (a van dijk if you like) then he could work with either sokratis or mustafi, but the 2 of them together is a no no for me
So basically you think we have roughly at least 6 players that don't fit Dick's style or system? Does that remind you of anyone? Wedging players into a system?

Dick should build the system around the players he has not a theory he likes.

markyp

Post by markyp »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:25 pm
Not sure what everyone rates Aubemeyang so highly. He seems to miss as many sitters as Giroud. Yes, his overall game is decent and he offers something different, but wouldn't consider him an upgrade on OG overall. One Decent striker in, one decent striker out. Until we start stockpiling quality players like the big teams are doing we aren't going to challenge.
I said last week Aubameyang needs dropping,he was shit pre season. today it was noticeable that our players don't want to run,its not about understanding tactics or getting used to Emery,its just about breaking your neck to get back to defend our players cant be arsed and that is down to wengers culture still lingering

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

cameron326 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:33 pm

It had better, because 0 from 6 is a brutal start to the season for the new boss and team confidence wise. What a fucking nightmare fixture list. And City are going to be out of sight again by November with their piss easy run of games.
it was expected though - next fixture is home against West Ham. we will win that and push on.

i agree with Augie's analysis. those four are not good enough off the ball.

sokratis was done in today on 80 mins. he will get fitter. he will play the high press. mustafi has to get fitter.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:37 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:31 pm

So basically you think we have roughly at least 8 players that don't fit Dick's style or system? Does that remind you of anyone? Wedging players into a system?

Dick should build the system around the players he has not a theory he likes.

Not the same or even nearly the same - the previous cock in charge had 44 transfer windows to get the players to suit his system so that he wouldnt need to put square pegs in round holes :roll: We all said in the summer that dick is gonna need at least 3 or 4 transfer windows to get this squad to the desired level, and in the meantime he will be stuck trying to make do with wenger's wa.nkers :roll: Is it better to play lesser quality players in a position that suits them better than higher quality players incompatible with what is being asked of them ?

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm
Hector Bellerin, once again, showing why he shouldn't be at Arsenal Football Club.
Just so completely fucking average. Not totally shit enough to be really shit but just blandly poor week after week after week. I would like to think he's underperforming but I'm fairly sure that's the real him out there, a player with no sense of awareness, no anticipation, no concentration, no crossing ability and no passing ability to speak of. He's like a throw-back to a 1880s hoof it and run around a bit player but dressed up in a fucking pathetic, horrific Millienial package. Fuck off.