Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

Post by DB10GOONER »

5 nil away win for Dick's Army! :barscarf: :shock:

clockender1

Re: Chav$ Away 18/08 @17:30

Post by clockender1 »

same aim as last week - avoid a heavy defeat. BUT I do want to see an improvement. I'd settle for a 1-0 loss obviously, but a clean sheet should be our ultimate goal.

we need to be narrow, compact and disciplined. judging by Dicks comments "guendozi will learn more quickly on the pitch" I expect him to start, and his words on Leno " his time will arrive in his moment", Cech will start again. he's got something to prove on Saturday.

I think like most of us, even if fit we'd prefer Lichtstein over AMN.

I can't find anything about an injury to ramsay so like Xhaka he will start ( torreira on the bench again). I expect Laca to start over PEA but it all really depends on how they react to the analysis this week - some might try harder and some may say eff it I'm off, just like any work review.

I'm going to hope the fomer - so 1-0 to us. late headed goal from a set piece :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:51 pm
5 nil away win for Dick's Army! :barscarf: :shock:
Your wrong :shock: I think Chelsea will score so 5-1 :barscarf:

To be honest I would settle for a draw but whatever happens I think our run of games after the chav game will tell us a lot more about Dick's Army

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

btw I think Laca starts instead of Miti.

Keown's piece this morning pointed out that Miti doesn't have the pace to play wide. like Ozil he has to play the No. 10 directly behind PEA.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

If we get stuffed I can just see dick in his rolled up jeans, Jean jacket, 14 hole docs saying "dad, I think I got it wrong again" :lol:

herbert

Post by herbert »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:01 pm
If we get stuffed I can just see dick in his rolled up jeans, Jean jacket, 14 hole docs saying "dad, I think I got it wrong again" :lol:
:coffeespit:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

This will be a better benchmark of where we are and how much backbone we have.

When that fucking lamppost in goal starts giving the ball away and their fans are right up for it every time the ball goes to his feet it will be a real test.

I know that I seem to blame him for everything but if we want to play out from the back then Xhaka has to show for the ball more and be comfortable under a bit of pressure rather than giving it away constantly in the middle of the pitch.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:13 pm
I know that I seem to blame him for everything but if we want to play out from the back then Xhaka has to show for the ball more and be comfortable under a bit of pressure rather than giving it away constantly in the middle of the pitch.
OPTA say he completed 74% of his passes. :shock:

you could very blame his difficulties with the back four not showing for him, true.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Cech has been practicing his passing out from the back https:/Gou.be/v2CbfNJvG0Iut

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Cech has been practicing his passing out from the back

https://youtu.be/v2CbfNJvG0I

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Losing one nil would not be the worst thing to happen away at the chav but tbh I'd be disappointed. And I'd certainly take a draw right now as a great result this early in the new set up.

I think Dick has to drop either Mickey Tarragon or Ozil as playing both leaves us too exposed from front to back in the midfield.

Personally I'd drop Mickey Tarragon because whilst Ozil was poor against citeh Mickey was terrible. He does not have the pace to play wide and offers nothing in cover to his wing back. At least Ozil gave Bellend a dig out against citeh and with Ozil you get a few chances created even when he is off form.

But then if you drop Ozil and play Mickey Tarragon in that number 10 role maybe he'll step up a level. I'm not convinced and tbh I've never really rated him but would be interesting to see what he could deliver with a good run of games. Either way I think starting with both Ozil and Mickey won't work.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

These are the type of games were changes need to be made. Monreal, Lichtsteiner should be called up, Ozil should be dropped. Two old heads at wingback with Lacazette Welbeck offering protection. Start Torriera, Guendouzi & I would go with Ramsey just because one midfielder needs to get forward. Ramsey is not great positionally or defensively, but this is mostly exposed with Ozil in the team, as Ramsey must shoulder more defensive responsibility, however if Ramsey is the player with the free pass then any defensive neglect is not felt as much. I also like Ramsey because he wants to get in the box & shoot. Where as Ozil would rather receive the ball than get on the end of it.

Chelsea are not City. So a result will be more likely, even away from home.

------------------------------------Leno---------------------------------

Lichtsteiner--------Sokratis--------Mustafi---------Monreal

-------------------Torriera------------Guendouzi------------------
---------------------------------Ramsey--------------------------------

Welbeck------------------------------------------------------Lacazette
-------------------------------------PEA-----------------------------------

GTG

Post by GTG »

Wilson wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 am
These are the type of games were changes need to be made. Monreal, Lichtsteiner should be called up, Ozil should be dropped. Two old heads at wingback with Lacazette Welbeck offering protection. Start Torriera, Guendouzi & I would go with Ramsey just because one midfielder needs to get forward. Ramsey is not great positionally or defensively, but this is mostly exposed with Ozil in the team, as Ramsey must shoulder more defensive responsibility, however if Ramsey is the player with the free pass then any defensive neglect is not felt as much. I also like Ramsey because he wants to get in the box & shoot. Where as Ozil would rather receive the ball than get on the end of it.

Chelsea are not City. So a result will be more likely, even away from home.

------------------------------------Leno---------------------------------

Lichtsteiner--------Sokratis--------Mustafi---------Monreal

-------------------Torriera------------Guendouzi------------------
---------------------------------Ramsey--------------------------------

Welbeck------------------------------------------------------Lacazette
-------------------------------------PEA-----------------------------------
I would actually go along with that team but unfortunately theres not a chance it will happen.

One of Micky or Ozil will play and it'll probably be Ozil.

Is there a possibility for going to a back 3? Use Lichsteiner as a 3rd centre back and drop Micky.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Against teams outside the top 6 , Ozil is a given to start. But in games against the top 6 (especially away), his position in the team need to be really be questioned.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

clockender1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:38 pm
btw I think Laca starts instead of Miti.

Keown's piece this morning pointed out that Miti doesn't have the pace to play wide. like Ozil he has to play the No. 10 directly behind PEA.
Yes and it needs to be Miki as our NO.10.
Ozil needs to be dropped.