West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SydneyGooner

Re: West Ham -HOME - Sat. Aug 25th 3PM

Post by SydneyGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 pm
oh, and Jack was anonymous apart from being robbed by Iwobi and Xhaka and a few fouls.
Good riddance. Glad we have the likes of Doozy and Torreira instead.

Deserved the win though I too am starting to get annoyed that Emery doesn't start Torreira. We looked so much better in the second half with him as the destroyer in midfield with Xhaka further forward. He really should be starting from next week.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:34 pm
clockender1 wrote:
oh, and Jack was anonymous apart from being robbed by Iwobi and Xhaka and a few fouls.

Deserved the win though I too am starting to get annoyed that Emery doesn't start Torreira. We looked so much better in the second half with him as the destroyer in midfield with Xhaka further forward. He really should be starting from next week.
Jack is surrounded by shite these days, I still think he has much more to offer Arsenal than the fraud Xhaka. Fuck knows how Arsenal managed to give him (Xhaka) a new enhanced contract after all the shite performances we have witnessed after the last two seasons.

Amazing how fickle some footy fans are ehh.

nut flush gooner

SydneyGooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

Jack is surrounded by shite these days, I still think he has much more to offer Arsenal than the fraud Xhaka. Fuck knows how Arsenal managed to give him (Xhaka) a new enhanced contract after all the shite performances we have witnessed after the last two seasons.

Amazing how fickle some footy fans are ehh.

augie

Post by augie »

SydneyGooner wrote:
clockender1 wrote:

But we also hae ramsey and xhaka - prefer both of them to wilshere ? I certainly wouldnt

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Wilshere is just too much of a crock to be relied upon for any length of time and when he had played hasn't been that much better than either Ramsey or Xhaka IMO. I really hoped he would make it here being a gooner and all but primarily due to his injury history he wasn't worth the risk.

As for Xhaka I hope this contract extension is just to increase his resale value.

nut flush gooner

SydneyGooner wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 pm
Wilshere is just too much of a crock to be relied upon for any length of time and when he had played hasn't been that much better than either Ramsey or Xhaka IMO. I really hoped he would make it here being a gooner and all but primarily due to his injury history he wasn't worth the risk.

As for Xhaka I hope this contract extension is just to increase his resale value.
No argument there, injuries definitely held Jack back. But he had enough quality to make the difference between a semi final and a final of a World Cup for England. Yet the great Gareth Southgate, probably the most overrated England manager of all time couldn’t see that.

I get angry when I see players like Ramsey wanting a big rise and Xhaka just received a big rise playing shit week in week out. Jack deserves better than Worst Ham.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Jack is a wham fan not a Gooner. His whole family are wham I'm sure....

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Even putting aside the injuries then Wilshere had six months fit last year and a run in the side and frankly he was shit. He’s finished as a top level footballer.

Defensive woes are still a worry, although understandable and less easy to fix than stopping picking useless fucks like Cech and Xhaka.

Gotta hope that we can get out and win at Cardiff and then we are in a decent position at the same nternational break considering the start we had. Cardiff and Newcastle away are exactly the sort of games we lost last year and will be the litmus rest of how much bottle we’ve developed.

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:17 pm
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere Jack is a wham fan not a Gooner. His whole family are wham I'm sure....
His dad is west ham and Jack was born and bred a hammer but his love for Arsenal grew from when he signed as a youngster

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:31 pm
Even putting aside the injuries then Wilshere had six months fit last year and a run in the side and frankly he was shit. He’s finished as a top level footballer.
I’m not sure he’s even good enough for the football league either - he was caught on the ball twice today, the EFL would hack him to pieces.

He’s another frimpong, diaby, denilson, bentdner - destined for obscurity very quickly or China/MLS.

NickF

Post by NickF »

nut flush gooner wrote:
No argument there, injuries definitely held Jack back. But he had enough quality to make the difference between a semi final and a final of a World Cup for England.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

How much have you had to drink? :lol:

nut flush gooner

NickF wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:44 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
No argument there, injuries definitely held Jack back. But he had enough quality to make the difference between a semi final and a final of a World Cup for England.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

How much have you had to drink? :lol:
Where did England get found out in the Semi? Yeah midfield where we had no ball carrying midfielder to take the fight back to Croatia. One of Wilshere’s best games in an Arsenal shirt was vs Barca a few years back. The Spanish were raving about him that night, his injuries prevented him from hitting those levels again but last season he was as good as any other fit option to go to the World Cup. Just don’t get how people talk about what we missed when the solution was left at home.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

SydneyGooner wrote:

we did. we had much more balance. and much more threat when Laca was on.

NBC said Torriera is not fit enough to play 90 minutes at PL pace.

they also said that Guendozi came off as he was tiring and making silly mistakes.

we have Cardiff next then its the international break.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

3 points. Lucky it was ammers we were playing this week. Cardiff away will be much harder. :barscarf: :barscarf:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Happy we won but to be honest this was never a game we should be measuring our forward momentum from, these games were gimme's last season under shit for brains and should be again this season :rubchin:

As RayC said next game away to Cardiff is where we get an idea of any improvement, we were woeful away last season even against the relegation fodder and bottom feeders so if the philosophy is going to work we must pick up points away this season