All or nothing - ManCity documentary

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Re: All or nothing - ManCity documentary

Post by nut flush gooner »

If Arsenal ever did a documentary in this style for the 89 season it would be compelling viewing. Whilst I have no doubt Pep is a great man manager, I can't get myself to watch it, even if it was free. The fact you need an Amazon Prime sub (unless I am missing something) puts me off even more.

As an Arsenal fan, I think I am going to buy Alan Smith's autobiography though. It's not ghostwritten and I am intrigued about how he found dealing with the competition from Ian Wright and Kevin Campbell in the early 90s. By his own admission, his confidence was shot to pieces at one stage during his Arsenal career, going from golden boot winner to only scoring 3 goals a few seasons after. He talked about it with Merse on the debate. From memory, Arsenal fans generally gave him a hard time during his lean spell. All was forgiven in Copenhagen though!

He also covers how he was abused by Arsenal fans after not backing his former team mates in the battle of the buffet and his life as a pundit.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I got about half way through this and got bored tbh. Pep is obviously a decent bloke and extremely focused on what he does 'guys' :lol: He is a winner and delivers the goods but he demands a budget to work with which is off the scale. There wasn't much input from Mikel Arteta shown which would have been interesting given his link to the job at our place. If the talk that Pep was interested in managing us a while back is true and TOF stayed knowing that then he is an even bigger pri.ck that I thought he was and clearly all his rhetoric about his love of the club is just bullshit.

Recent press articles state that Sheik rattle and roll looked at a London club before buying citeh. Apparently meeting with reps of that club in Paris before going north! Wonder who that was....I'm guessing either us or the scum. That would have been rather handy or a complete fucking nightmare either way.

Anyway, if you have access to Prime and you 'liked' the citeh thing, have a look at some of the other All or Nothing series as they have covered American football and the All Blacks too which were more interesting in my opinion.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

A small club with no tradition or history, highlighted by a half empty stadium for last nights clge game!
A team made up of mercenaries with no real respect or love of the club, highlighted by their performance last night!
I think they’ll produce too many performances like this throughout the season, this opening the door for either the mousers or the chavs to take advantage!
Their head to heads with the mousers this season will imo decide who wins the league!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 pm
A small club with no tradition or history, highlighted by a half empty stadium for last nights clge game!
A team made up of mercenaries with no real respect or love of the club, highlighted by their performance last night!
I think they’ll produce too many performances like this throughout the season, this opening the door for either the mousers or the chavs to take advantage!
Their head to heads with the mousers this season will imo decide who wins the league!
In fairness you couldn't say Kompany, Aguerro or David Silva have no love or respect for City I remember City when they hadn't the proverbial pot to piss in but they did have decent support..There was some sort of supporters association between their fans and Torino fans back in the day based on both sets of fan's belief that they were the proper local club in their respective cities and the other clubs (Manure and Juve) were tourist attractions. City fans now seem blase about certain games , I'm sure there is a new injection of tourist fans following them..
Chavs, Scum, Victims , Manure are the only alternative to City winning the title at the moment..Rather City than any of them.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:24 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:32 pm
In fairness you couldn't say Kompany, Aguerro or David Silva have no love or respect for City I remember City when they hadn't the proverbial pot to piss in but they did have decent support..There was some sort of supporters association between their fans and Torino fans back in the day based on both sets of fan's belief that they were the proper local club in their respective cities and the other clubs (Manure and Juve) were tourist attractions. City fans now seem blase about certain games , I'm sure there is a new injection of tourist fans following them..
Chavs, Scum, Victims , Manure are the only alternative to City winning the title at the moment..Rather City than any of them.
They’re still a “ Newcastle “ sized club! Won basically fuck all until being bankrolled!
Aguero and Kompany have spent a lot of their time (bar 1st season or 2) on the treatment table and no big European club has ever looked seriously at them!
Silva? Fair enough is a quality player!
As for the tourist thing! Citeh never attracted outside support simply because they were shite and won fuck all!
You could argue the same point for the shammers or the orient against ourselves! We’ve always had support from Ireland and countries in Europe because of both our successes and our history!
Guardiola has a history of bottling it when a serious challenge presents itself and never endeared himself to Bayern fans!
I genuinely don’t think they’ll retain their title! Which worries me to the point that I want to vomit ie I think the mousers have an outstanding chance this season ‘ only klopps incompetence can fuck it up!
Having seen the “tinkerman “ take advantage for Leicester? I’m genuinely worried!

Post by 1989 »

Aguero spent most of his time on the treatment table? Lol. Could've sworn the bloke was their highest ever goalscorer, or is there another Aguero you're on about.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

100 points is phenomenal but if they had a close contender they would have struggled for 90.

They are a very talented side but print to bottling it. Thrashed at Liverpool in the league in the first real test of their unbeaten run, thrashed there again in the CL, beaten at home in the return leg, blew a 2-0 lead at home to United with the opportunity of a million generations, beaten by a League One size in the cup.

Just a shit little club. Saw they averaged nearly 10k empty seats last year on actual police attendance figures despite the modest size of their ground and amassing 100 points.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

My best dearest and oldest mate Ray is a Manc born Irishman and a proper die hard citeh fan since birth. In one way I'm delighted for him that they are overtaking manure because of the years of shit he took from all the loudmouth armchair fake manure fans in Dublin. I remember in 98 he came out on the piss with all us Gooners to celebrate us winning the Double in his citeh jersey and IIRC citeh had just been relegated that day or the day before. He hates manure THAT much. 8)

But even he admits their success is somewhat devalued because they've just bought it rather than built it. But as he says "that's modern football and it's better to be winning a shit league rather than not winning a shit league"! :lol: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why is Pep saying "If you hit me hit me" !? :?