All or nothing - ManCity documentary

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Ed Hunter The Gooner

All or nothing - ManCity documentary

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Have any of you seen this yet? I'm planning to watch it asap. Not that I care about City one bit but it seems to give quite rare insight into how modern football club operates, what happens behind closed doors, how and what manager does and says during matches etc etc.

flash gunner

Re: All or nothing - ManCity documentary

Post by flash gunner »

Haven't watched it but have watched the Juventus one on netflix, haven't got to the bit where they did the scum in last years European Cup.

It is interesting but wouldn't want my club doing such a thing

Ed Hunter The Gooner

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am
Haven't watched it but have watched the Juventus one on netflix, haven't got to the bit where they did the scum in last years European Cup.

Oh, I didn't even know about that, have to check that out too. Yes I agree, it's interesting to watch generally what happens behind closed doors but I really wouldn't want Arsenal to do one.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:59 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am

Oh, I didn't even know about that, have to check that out too. Yes I agree, it's interesting to watch generally what happens behind closed doors but I really wouldn't want Arsenal to do one.
I would like to see one for last season and see how Wenger got pushed out! 8)

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I remember years ago Citeh hosting a fly-on-the-wall doc when John Bond took over from Malcolm Allison.

It'd be interesting to watch the episodes alternately.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

I've watched nearly the entire thing and really enjoyed it. I've always wanted to see how a club works on the inside. The city squad seem like a pretty likable bunch as well. It gets a little repetitive but still entertaining.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I watched the Juve one and whilst it's interesting to see how an actual organised club works, it's pure propaganda at the end of the day. I can't imagine the Man City one will be anything other than a platform for Pep yellow ribbon I want a republic but live and work in a Monarchy Guardiola to show more people how wonderful he thinks he is.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:40 pm
I watched the Juve one and whilst it's interesting to see how an actual organised club works, it's pure propaganda at the end of the day. I can't imagine the Man City one will be anything other than a platform for Pep yellow ribbon I want a republic but live and work in a Monarchy Guardiola to show more people how wonderful he thinks he is.
Watched the first episode yesterday and that is exactly the feeling I got too. But, if you can look past the propaganda it is very interesting to see how the club works and what happens behind the curtains.

augie

Post by augie »

What channel is this on lads ? Would be interested in watching it myself. I do think that in many regards it would be a more interesting watch if the club was a club like palace/burnley/bournemouth, where genuine problems involved in running a club cant just magically disappear due to a bottomless pit of money ?

Dunno what thread to put this on lads, but can anyone tell me if that Eleven Sports channel is available through sky ? Looked for it a fortnight ago and couldnt find it anywhere on the tv listings :?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 am
What channel is this on lads ? Would be interested in watching it myself. I do think that in many regards it would be a more interesting watch if the club was a club like palace/burnley/bournemouth, where genuine problems involved in running a club cant just magically disappear due to a bottomless pit of money ?

Dunno what thread to put this on lads, but can anyone tell me if that Eleven Sports channel is available through sky ? Looked for it a fortnight ago and couldnt find it anywhere on the tv listings :?
Amazon prime

Herd

Post by Herd »

Was ill yesterday so watched the entire thing ,it was very good but it was clearly edited and bits staged like TOWIE .

Pepe came over very well ,he was hard but always encouraging to the players ,he was very inclusive of the all the backroom staff of which there were many but he needs to learn more English and use the word fucking less.
Unlike Wengerland these people had roles and were encouraged to speak out and they did including Arteta !
That being said he constantly had contingency plans in case the opposition did something unexpected ,and he talked to the team all the time .
No one could say they didn't know what was expected from them .
They had a lot of other staff too on the Transfer front ,people who I've never heard of before and some like Marwood that I never knew had a job there ,who seemed to run the transfers ,and the Abu Dhabi owners mob looked very professional too .
When players got injured they just went out and bought another one ,the wealth oozed from every pore !
When they won the league Pep got all the staff including the laundry ladies in and thanked them and the players applauded them too.

Vincent Kompany came over as a top man and leader and the squad seemed very together despite the fact that many of them speak little english !

Their destruction of us twice was embarrasing to watch though ,although Pep did seem to have some respect for us !
Most of their defeats came from Klye Walker errors, getting in behind their fullbacks without over committing is key !

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

The story of how one club overcame the odds, and spent billions of dubai state cash on world class talent and the most sought after manager in history to win the league title and get knocked out of the fa cup by wigan, before getting absolutely bumholed by klopps liverpool

featuring that last gasp dead rubber winning goal versus southampton, which extended their lead to just 25 points

you have to see it to believe it...

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

What a pile of propagandist Bald bastard shit that was. Ooh look we bought the title aren't we now a big club? Everything that's fucking wrong and sucks rancid dick in the modern game is the likes of citeh and the chav.

What next - a bored Arab pimp buys Wigan buys them a couple of titles and makes them a big club? Fuck off. :censored: :roll:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:28 pm
What a pile of propagandist Bald bastard shit that was. Ooh look we bought the title aren't we now a big club? Everything that's fucking wrong and sucks rancid dick in the modern game is the likes of citeh and the chav.

What next - a bored Arab pimp buys Wigan buys them a couple of titles and makes them a big club? Fuck off. :censored: :roll:
Look at it this way , if City hadn't got all the oil money we would be looking at a Chelsea or Man U domination or worse still titles for Liverpool or Spurs. However unsavoury City buying titles is the alternatives are horrendous..Lesser of many evils.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:28 pm

Look at it this way , if City hadn't got all the oil money we would be looking at a Chelsea or Man U domination or worse still titles for Liverpool or Spurs. However unsavoury City buying titles is the alternatives are horrendous..Lesser of many evils.
Oh I agree buddy. But the lesser of two evils is still evil. :wink: