Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm
There seems to be a good speerit in the Arsenal team. Just gotta get Torriera in, Xhaka out and get rid of Pete the Plank and things will get better. Simples.
You didn't call Ozil "shit". You must be an AKB like me mate! :lol: :wink:

One Arsene Wenger.... one Arsene Wenger!! :barscarf:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

I'd go so far to say I'd prefer 2010/11 Alex Song in the team over Xhaka. I truly detest him!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Why the fuck are they interviewing the Welsh Messi-Lite "Wurra"? :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm
I'd go so far to say I'd prefer 2010/11 Alex Song in the team over Xhaka. I truly detest him!
Jesus. :shock:

I dunno.... maybe.... :rubchin:

:D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm
Apart from the flick to Boomerang and his own superb goal Lacazette has been really poor losing possession and misplacing his passes all game.

But a superb assist and goal today. 8)

I think you're being much too harsh on Laca. A lot of his lay-off play was good, he worked hard and he hit the inside of the post. Unitl the second half, when Ozil came inside, he'd had very little to work with. His goal was outstanding.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:33 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:17 pm
Apart from the flick to Boomerang and his own superb goal Lacazette has been really poor losing possession and misplacing his passes all game.

But a superb assist and goal today. 8)

I think you're being much too harsh on Laca. A lot of his lay-off play was good, he worked hard and he hit the inside of the post. Unitl the second half, when Ozil came inside, he'd had very little to work with. His goal was outstanding.
Don't agree. I'm being honest. His touch was mostly awful. But credit where it's due his flick for Boomerang and his goal were top notch but let's not pretend he did much more than mostly run about losing possession. He gave great effort but poor quality apart from the two incidents above.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Like others, I really hope he doesn't keep persisting with cech and xhaka.

The main conundrum for me after that game is whether to visit Rwanda or Malaysia :rubchin:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I thought Laca did well overall today, much better balance with him up front and aubamalangadingdong on the left and we carry much more threat. Talking of threat, Xhaka offers little but a threat to his own goal, Cech is scary bad at this playing out from the back thingy, Monreal is not really very good at defending as is Mrs Bellend on the other side. Thought the CB's were better today although they were up against shit, let's be honest, Cardiff are a championship team and will be again after this season. Ramsey and Ozil can't play in the same midfield, Emery should decide on one of them. Happy with three points but yet again we have seen that this season will be one hell of a roller coaster with some totally shit performances in with some decent ones. Wonder who he will drop once Kos is fit??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:39 pm
Like others, I really hope he doesn't keep persisting with cech and xhaka.

The main conundrum for me after that game is whether to visit Rwanda or Malaysia :rubchin:
Both are shit holes mate. But less superfans in Rwanda. :censored:

I'm joking!! :D :wink:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

thats a great three points away from home - our first away win in 2018 :barscarf:

apart from the last ten minutes of the first half, we dominated that game away from home - and that was never ever a free kick for their 2nd, a total dive.

some of those moves going forward were outstanding, at certain times we were unplayable.

apart from Ozil they all worked their socks off. Mustafi did look better today i thought too.

overall an improvement, but still much to do at the back.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:32 pm

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was a fierce critic of Song when he was here, and nearly burst a lung laughing when we got that money from Barca for him, but at least he put an odd performance in along with the few top notch assists. He could play as CB too which came in handy.

I don't see one positive redeeming feature about Xhaka at all.

Back to the game, good mental strength :roll: coming back to score again after they made it 2-2. Good to see Auba get his first of the season and building on his partnership with Lacazette, more and more impressed with Guedouzi (sic), and Torreira just has to start the next game.
Last edited by Natural Born Gooner on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

So pleased for Laca, a lot of people doubted him last season not least AW. To have two good finishers in the side after having to put up with Giroud for years is refreshing.

Hopefully, we can have Laca and Auba starting from now on every game, get Torreira starting for Xhaka too. He never learns (Xhaka) and his mistakes cost us a lot of goals. This season is work in progress, our defence will concede wherever we go but I am 100% behind Emery, if the players can't execute his instructions and I am thinking particularly Cech and the Defenders dealing with playing out from the back, then others have to come in.

markyp

Post by markyp »

don't know why people are bashing Xahka,the guys a genius,anybody who can play that shit consistently for 2 years offering the team nothing yet still be a starter after all this time must be very clever,what we saw today of Torreira makes a total mockery of xhaka being in the team,the guy tackles,looks to go forward with ball,he is like a better version of JW,he must start soon ffs!! another dog shit performance,defensively awful,the only difference between the teams is that we have spent 106m on strikers this past year.so much ball watching for their goals,when will they ever learn?? we have a team of 11 players and id say 8 of them only want to go forward and never back! no urgency to bust a bollock and get back and defend from far too many,im happy to give Emery time after all this is what we wanted but why hes perservering with helmet head,bellerin and xhaka is mind boggling,maybe hes thinking evolution rather than revolution,whatever it it needs sorting quickly.the plus side at least we got the points and our shit start has been evened out a bit,maybe the last 2 results will be the catalyst for a little run now??

augie

Post by augie »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:40 pm
I thought Laca did well overall today, much better balance with him up front and aubamalangadingdong on the left and we carry much more threat. Talking of threat, Xhaka offers little but a threat to his own goal, Cech is scary bad at this playing out from the back thingy, Monreal is not really very good at defending as is Mrs Bellend on the other side. Thought the CB's were better today although they were up against shit, let's be honest, Cardiff are a championship team and will be again after this season. Ramsey and Ozil can't play in the same midfield, Emery should decide on one of them. Happy with three points but yet again we have seen that this season will be one hell of a roller coaster with some totally shit performances in with some decent ones. Wonder who he will drop once Kos is fit??

I watched most of the celtic v rangers game earlier, and yet again tierney showed why he is too good to be playing in a shit scotish league - for a team crying out for a quality left back that will suit emery's tactics, tierney would be ideal for The Arsenal

augie

Post by augie »

Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:32 pm

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was a fierce critic of Song when he was here, and nearly burst a lung laughing when we got that money from Barca for him, but at least he put an odd performance in along with the few top notch assists. He could play as CB too which came in handy.

I don't see one positive redeeming feature about Xhaka at all.

Back to the game, good mental strength :roll: coming back to score again after they made it 2-2. Good to see Auba get his first of the season and building on his partnership with Lacazette, more and more impressed with Guedouzi (sic), and Torreira just has to start the next game.

Buddy, song was utter dogshite - in my 40+ years as a Gooner I have seen some shit players represent our club over the years, but I have NEVER (and I mean NEVER) seen a more useless c.unt play so many times for AFC. I feel physically sick everytime I remember him in our shirt :censored: