Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by GranadaJoe »

Xhaka, Ramsey, Miki, Ozil, Sideshow, Torreira. We've plenty of midfielders, but Emery can't see to put a balance midfield together.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Ramsey and Xhaka
talk about an agenda ..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:42 pm
Ramsey and Xhaka
talk about an agenda ..
Have you finished reading that article on racism? No? Go back and finish it now. :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He’s fucking self harming by continuing to pick helmet head and the Swiss turd. Why the fuck won’t he pick his strongest fucking 11?

Those two are fucking skid marks and if he starts them next game he can go fuck himself.

P.s. lovely 3 points...backed us to win with Aubameyang anytime :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 pm
He’s fucking self harming by continuing to pick helmet head and the Swiss turd. Why the fuck won’t he pick his strongest fucking 11?

Those two are fucking skid marks and if he starts them next game he can go fuck himself.

Nice. 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

But Ramsay wasn't rubbish today - look at the graphic i put up - #8 is involved three times in that move for PEA's goal.

he may dribble too much, but he also made a lot of passes and made himself available for receiving them.

he may not be storming into the box and scoring goals but his link up play was good today, as was his running.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:49 pm
But Ramsay wasn't rubbish today - look at the graphic i put up - #8 is involved three times in that move for PEA's goal.

he may dribble too much, but he also made a lot of passes and made himself available for receiving them.

he may not be storming into the box and scoring goals but his link up play was good today, as was his running.
I don't agree. He lost possession on numerous occasions often under no pressure. He passed either directly at the runner or behind him too often rather than into the runner's path. He had a couple of good touches but if Xhaka or Ozil had performed like him today they'd be getting slated on here. Ok Xhaka was worse but you get my point. :lol: :wink:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:48 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:46 pm

Nice. 8)
Backing him first and anytime for every game of the season and see where I end up.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm

I don't agree. He lost possession on numerous occasions often under no pressure. He passed either directly at the runner or behind him too often rather than into the runner's path. He had a couple of good touches but if Xhaka or Ozil had performed like him today they'd be getting slated on here. Ok Xhaka was worse but you get my point. :lol: :wink:

he has to do better, so does ozil, but they weren't rubbish. much of these unforced errors - by those two and from laca, are from trying to play quick one touch football, when it doesn't come off it looks awful, but when it does its a joy to watch.

they will gel better eventually and get better at it - this is a WIP, and its better than that tippy tappy bollocks we were subjected too.

btw good to see the players hitting them from outside the box now on a regular basis - PEA was when he hit his goal, and both Xhaka and Nacho forced the keeper into saves. sooner or later (we did it last week too) one of those is going to get spilled and welbeck or laca is going to poach one.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:06 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:54 pm

he has to do better, so does ozil, but they weren't rubbish. much of these unforced errors - by those two and from laca, are from trying to play quick one touch football, when it doesn't come off it looks awful, but when it does its a joy to watch.

they will gel better eventually and get better at it - this is a WIP, and its better than that tippy tappy bollocks we were subjected too.

btw good to see the players hitting them from outside the box now on a regular basis - PEA was when he hit his goal, and both Xhaka and Nacho forced the keeper into saves. sooner or later (we did it last week too) one of those is going to get spilled and welbeck or laca is going to poach one.
I'm really hopeful Dick can get Ramsey to play it simple and play like he did before his injury in 2014 season. Wenger pandered to his ego but hopefully Dick will set him straight the way Coleman did at Wales.

Loving the shots from distance too. We all have to be patient I suppose. Give Dick time to rinse the tippy tappy shite out of the entire playing staff from kids to first team.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really no need for you to be so defensive DB10. I’ve pointed out that you constantly give Ramsey a massively hard time which - in my opinion - is hugely disproportionate a lot of the time.

The fact you’ve referred to him in the same bracket as Xhaka and Iwobi underlines that - obviously you’re absolutely entitled to your opinion if you genuinely think that. If that is your opinion then it’s one which I disagree fairly strongly with - which explains why we seem to be on different sides here....

You seem to have taken that as some big insult or attack on you which it really wasn’t. No need to throw your toys out of the pram about it - bit childish concluding that obviously I have an inherent issue with anybody criticising him because he happens to be Welsh. Really??

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

For what it’s worth, I don’t think ramsey is good enough to play the role he does for wales. International football beyond the top few teams is not a good standard and teams are poorly organised. In the premier league, you need to be able to unlock a defence to be a good attacking midfielder at a top club. Players like Silva, de Bruyne, Eriksen, Ozil etc have that technical ability, Ramsey does not. He can’t unlock defences with slide-rule passes and his feet are not fantastic.

He is a box to box midfielder. What he does well is that he is dynamic and in 2013/14 he pilfered goals for fun largely because he was making great runs and getting in the box at the right time. Lampard carved out an entire top class career basically doing that. It also coincided with Ozil joining and his ability to pick a pass, and Giroud having his best spell for us holding the ball up and linking others in.

If he is going to really do it at this level, that’s his role.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Ramsey marking Morrison for their second? Still schoolboy organisation goes on post Wenger and I’m amazed that this sort of thing can happen in a top flight game. It’s not rocket science.
Nowt more to add about Xhaka that hasn’t already been said.
Great support as usual.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:15 pm
Really no need for you to be so defensive DB10. I’ve pointed out that you constantly give Ramsey a massively hard time which - in my opinion - is hugely disproportionate a lot of the time.

The fact you’ve referred to him in the same bracket as Xhaka and Iwobi underlines that - obviously you’re absolutely entitled to your opinion if you genuinely think that. If that is your opinion then it’s one which I disagree fairly strongly with - which explains why we seem to be on different sides here....

You seem to have taken that as some big insult or attack on you which it really wasn’t. No need to throw your toys out of the pram about it - bit childish concluding that obviously I have an inherent issue with anybody criticising him because he happens to be Welsh. Really??
Ramsey wasn't our worst player today by a mile. Xhaka wins that award hands down.

One minute before halftime, a simple ball down the line to one of the strikers into the channel and we close out a first half with a 1-0 scoreline, for some reason Xhaka thinks he can pass so decides to do something that is nearly impossible for a player of his calibre ie find a man on the other side of the pitch. Of course, the result is a goal to Cardiff and we make life difficult for ourselves again.

I really hope Emery pairs Torreira with Gendouzi rather than Xhaka in future games.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I hate, really hate, to agree with DB10 :wink: , but i can't see anything wrong with what he says about Ramsey. He is indicisive, slow and negative in much of his play. The only decent thing he brings to the team is his late goal scoring runs and to be honest for the amount of times he does it it is not nearly enough.

People seem to forget Ramsey is one of, if not the, most senior players in the team these days, he should be leading by example but all too often he is the reason for the break down of play or the slow pace. I watched three times in the first half as he went past Monreal on an overlapping run, Monreal laid the ball perfectly for him and not once did he succeed in getting the ball into the box or create anything from it, well ok once he got a throw in.... why put yourself there if you cannot create from the opportunity.

As said further up Ramsey is the epitomy of a player who buys into his own hype but doesn't produce nearly enough to back it up.

In saying all that i'd prefer him over Xhaka :roll: