Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
CloakedGooner

Cardiff City away match fred

Post by CloakedGooner »

Away to that ceunt Neil Warnocks team next :twisted:

rodders999

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by rodders999 »

Similar to last season I don’t expect us to beat anyone away from home this time round - even the dross.

We are just too defensively shambolic to keep a clean sheet so it’s going to be a minimum of two goals in any game to get the win. Away from home in most games there is going to be a spell where you are under the cosh and that’s when we go to shit.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

The important thing in this game is that we build on the 2nd half and continue to defend as a team but only better.

I want to see 1-0 to The Arsenal . Defend first, then earn the right to play your football, then nick the points.

This will be different from the Newcastle game as they will let us play and try to outscore us, but these cloggers will try to stop us playing and force us into errors.

Win or draw, this needs to be a defensive team effort.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

They are garbage. Warnock isn’t a popular bloke on here but he performed a miracle last year getting a side who were rank outsiders for the playoffs promoted. No goals in three games.

But this is the sort of game we lost last year. Next two games away to Cardiff and Newcastle will tell us much more about whether we are starting to gai some sort of backbone than our first three games.

Post by 1989 »

Trust us to be the side Cardiff broke their goalscoring duck against.

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

We will win this one. They are not very good. True, we'd have problems with this last year, but I expect that we will win 2-1.

gp543

Post by gp543 »

4-0 to the Arsenal. They are truly dreadful. Lacazette must start with Aubameyang.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Should be an interesting game and a much better indicator of where we are compared to last season, a few seasons ago i'd have said this was a good 3 points in the bag against probably the weakest of the promoted sides but now i honestly think i'll settle for a solid performance even if it means just a draw. :rubchin:

markyp

Post by markyp »

massive banana skin,its becoming apparent that wenger left us with a heap of shit,the players just don't fancy it end of,man for man the Cardiff players wont be much worse than our starting 11 but they will be up for for it,there will be more questions than answers after this one me thinks, 2-0 to Cardiff,on the other hand we could whoop them 3-0 :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

If we don’t win this then there is trouble ahead! And you can be sure we’ll lose to the toon as well !!
If he continues with his current team selections then people should stop blaming Wenger for what he left behind!
Emery signed players he’s just not fucking playing them!
Anyone saying he is giving them the rope to hang themselves is a fucking idiot!! Xhaka has signed a contract extension granted by emery! So xhaka is clearly part of his long term plans!
Worried? I fucking am! Because we could be 12-15 points be the mousers by the time we play them! And if we are then the shit will hit the fan!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

In a perverse way I really wish Wenger was allowed to see his contract out so he would be here to reap the destruction of all the shit he sowed. I said that last season would be bad and this one under Wenger would be catastrophic. Of course Wenger, with the luck of the devil again, has escaped the fallout from the rot he started and embedded in the club.

I think every away game is going to be a titanic struggle....we are feared by nobody anymore and I can see us becoming a mid table club. We need to spend around 300m to sort this team out and we all know that is not going to happen under Stan. A mid table club with a new manager every 2 or 3 seasons. And history will tell the story that the slide started when Arsene Wenger left the club, conveniently ignoring the fact that he left us with a shower of shit. :banghead: :banghead:

A draw against Cardiff if we are lucky and a loss to Newcastle.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I don't think we'll win many away games this year starting with this one. Draw if we're lucky. :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:01 pm
And history will tell the story that the slide started when Arsene Wenger left the club, conveniently ignoring the fact that he left us with a shower of shit. :banghead: :banghead:
Very very true. Most pundits commentators and fans have a semi-retarded one dimensional understanding of football and will see Wenger winning 3 FA Cups and getting top 6 in his last 4 seasons with us and then Wenger leaves and Emery takes over and if we finish mid table it's Emery's fault in their eyes. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

xisstential wrote:
In a perverse way I really wish Wenger was allowed to see his contract out so he would be here to reap the destruction of all the shit he sowed. I said that last season would be bad and this one under Wenger would be catastrophic. Of course Wenger, with the luck of the devil again, has escaped the fallout from the rot he started and embedded in the club.

I think every away game is going to be a titanic struggle....we are feared by nobody anymore and I can see us becoming a mid table club. We need to spend around 300m to sort this team out and we all know that is not going to happen under Stan. A mid table club with a new manager every 2 or 3 seasons. And history will tell the story that the slide started when Arsene Wenger left the club, conveniently ignoring the fact that he left us with a shower of shit. :banghead: :banghead:

To be honest we would be in an even worse shape in 12 months time than we are now if Wenger had stayed. God knows where he would have splurged money in the transfer market this summer.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

northbank123 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:21 am
xisstential wrote:

To be honest we would be in an even worse shape in 12 months time than we are now if Wenger had stayed. God knows where he would have splurged money in the transfer market this summer.
I heard Ramsey is demanding £350k pw...if Wenger had stayed he would be on that already. Dear God, if the club are stupid enough to pay Ramsey that....... :shock: :? :shock: :?