Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

That was ok overall. Good heart to keep going up the other end and scoring when in the past, we would have just wandered around the pitch, happy to get a point. The two goals we conceded were identical but on another day, the first hits the post and gets cleared and the second one gets given as a booking for diving before the free-kick. I thought Lacazette looked sharp, that finish was fucking brilliant and Aubameyang's goal was perfect- shades of an Henry or Pires goal there. Three points away from home and isn't wonderful to beat that *word censored* Warnock again, the absolute bag of shit of English football.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Superb. 8)

I hope they both hit 25 PL goals each this season. Would be great to finally have two clinical beast strikers again. 8)

Post by 1989 »

Xhaka is a braindead *word censored*. Wonder how many times he's directly cost us goals.

Why on earth does Torreira not start? Probably our best center mid.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Great to stick it to Mrs Doubtfire again too. :lol: :barscarf:

Fucking hate the shit bag. :censored:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Laca's winner - Ramsay and Torreira involved three times,

Ozil made three passes in the build up for PEA's curler - 13 passes.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Really important win.

For 30 minutes in the first half and 35 minutes in the second half we played with a good tempo. Not once did I think we were playing dull sideways passing football. Didn’t hugely click and our shape is still some way off being right but I like the Emery is trying to get us to play.

Xhaka is frightening. One minute of the half left, 1 goal up and on the back foot for the last 10 minutes - why would you even think about that pass? Cech is a fucking calamity and in addition to gifting chances every game with his footwork he is slow getting down and has zero command of his area. Those two need to go ASAP. Mustafi actually had a decent game today I thought but there was still one fuck up where he got caught dawdling on the ball and nearly let them in.

Torreira was class when he came on. Aubameyang was completely shit but took his goal brilliantly, which is basically what he does.

DB10 your vendetta against Ramsey is on a par with a lot of those against Ozil which you take such exception to. There’s not a game he plays in when you don’t come on afterwards and proclaim him to have been utterly awful and one of the worst players.

Post by 1989 »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:32 pm
Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:31 pm
I'd go so far to say I'd prefer 2010/11 Alex Song in the team over Xhaka. I truly detest him!
Jesus. :shock:

I dunno.... maybe.... :rubchin:

:D :wink:
:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I was a fierce critic of Song when he was here, and nearly burst a lung laughing when we got that money from Barca for him, but at least he put an odd performance in along with the few top notch assists. He could play as CB too which came in handy.

I don't see one positive redeeming feature about Xhaka at all.

Back to the game, good mental strength :roll: coming back to score again after they made it 2-2. Good to see Auba get his first of the season and building on his partnership with Lacazette, more and more impressed with Guedouzi (sic), and Torreira just has to start the next game.
I would take Song over Xhaka too.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:43 pm
Xhaka is a braindead *word censored*. Wonder how many times he's directly cost us goals.

Definitely our best centre mid from what I’ve seen over the summer and in snippets when he’s played. Hopefully he is just being phased in after a tiring summer and will start after the international break.

Even when Xhaka isn’t giving away goals and trying to get sent off, he does nothing good. So fucking slow that he barely wins the ball back at all and useless going forward.

Please can somebody explain whether I’m missing something with him? I really don’t get it and neither does anybody I’ve spoken to up here. He’s shit.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:38 pm
I hope they both hit 25 PL goals each this season. Would be great to finally have two clinical beast strikers again. 8)
and yet the ex-manager saw fit to only play them together three times last season. :banghead:

i think their partnership is going to formidable, we just need to find a pires or overmars type winger who can cut in and score and we'd be lethal upfront.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:51 pm
Really important win.

For 30 minutes in the first half and 35 minutes in the second half we played with a good tempo. Not once did I think we were playing dull sideways passing football. Didn’t hugely click and our shape is still some way off being right but I like the Emery is trying to get us to play.

Xhaka is frightening. One minute of the half left, 1 goal up and on the back foot for the last 10 minutes - why would you even think about that pass? Cech is a fucking calamity and in addition to gifting chances every game with his footwork he is slow getting down and has zero command of his area. Those two need to go ASAP. Mustafi actually had a decent game today I thought but there was still one fuck up where he got caught dawdling on the ball and nearly let them in.

Torreira was class when he came on. Aubameyang was completely shit but took his goal brilliantly, which is basically what he does.

DB10 your vendetta against Ramsey is on a par with a lot of those against Ozil which you take such exception to. There’s not a game he plays in when you don’t come on afterwards and proclaim him to have been utterly awful and one of the worst players.
Not sure what your problem is but at least try address the facts if you are going to have a pop. When Ramsey has been piss (often) I've called him piss. When he has done something right (seldom) I've given him credit. I'm one of the few on here that believes and has stated that if someone could get into his head and tell him to play it simple like he did in 2014 and like he often does for Wales then he'd be a half decent player. Hardly a vendetta. :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:53 pm
1989 wrote:

Definitely our best centre mid from what I’ve seen over the summer and in snippets when he’s played. Hopefully he is just being phased in after a tiring summer and will start after the international break. .
I dunno, maybe Dick likes Guendozis energy and running early in games, and Torreira's ability to pick a pass and control the midfield later in games ?

Guendozi does make mistakes in possession still though , i think thats why he gets taken off in the latter stages of games ?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

No “problem” and I’m not “having a pop”. Looks like you’ve got your hands full arguing on another thread and I’ve got no inclination to waste my time on stuff like that. Just think that you give the guy a disproportionate amount of stick.

After nearly every game you come on here saying how shit he was. The bloke has plenty of bad games and is a frustrating player because of the way he tries to play and the ego that he has somehow seemed to develop, but nowhere near as many awful games as you seem to attribute to him in my view.

You obviously dislike the bloke, your constant nicknames for him being case in point. I’m not one of Ramsey’s biggest fans by any stretch but hammering him every game he doesn’t have a stormer is basically what a huge portion of our fans do with Ozil.

Doesn’t bother me and we all have players we give a tough time, just an observation

augie

Post by augie »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:53 pm
1989 wrote:

Definitely our best centre mid from what I’ve seen over the summer and in snippets when he’s played. Hopefully he is just being phased in after a tiring summer and will start after the international break.

Even when Xhaka isn’t giving away goals and trying to get sent off, he does nothing good. So fucking slow that he barely wins the ball back at all and useless going forward.

Please can somebody explain whether I’m missing something with him? I really don’t get it and neither does anybody I’ve spoken to up here. He’s shit.

Watch the game back and see how many times xhaka and ozil were playing forward passes for the early runs of lacazette and bangbang. I know that on occasions some of those passes didnt work out, but when we have two strikers that play the way these guys do, getting early fast service is fundamental. Now on the flip side look at how many times ramsey received possession, turned backwards, slowed the game down, and went down at the slightest contact :roll: As DB10 earlier pointed out, there is zero point in him drifting out to the left wing when he is unable to cross the ball with his left foot - again he has to turn back out and the first runs of our strikers are wasted :roll:

Maybe my opinion of him qualifies as an agenda, but it isnt meant that way - I have a natural adversion to players who have an inflated opinion of themselves (performances do not merit him to be classed as top quality to anyone bar himself), and I despise players who are not committed to the club :evil: The club (by not selling him last month) have created a situation that is allowing him to walk away on a free (or for a pittance in january), and it worries me now that dick is going to pander to his every whim in the hope that he will then sign a new contract - today and last week he should have been subbed, and the fact he wasnt makes me think that he is going to be allowed do what he likes for the next few months

Btw, to answer your previous question, xhaka is by and large shit and shouldnt start ahead of torreira any day, but today he was better than your welsh compatriot

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:17 pm
No “problem” and I’m not “having a pop”. Looks like you’ve got your hands full arguing on another thread and I’ve got no inclination to waste my time on stuff like that. Just think that you give the guy a disproportionate amount of stick.

After nearly every game you come on here saying how shit he was. The bloke has plenty of bad games and is a frustrating player because of the way he tries to play and the ego that he has somehow seemed to develop, but nowhere near as many awful games as you seem to attribute to him in my view.

You obviously dislike the bloke, your constant nicknames for him being case in point. I’m not one of Ramsey’s biggest fans by any stretch but hammering him every game he doesn’t have a stormer is basically what a huge portion of our fans do with Ozil.

Doesn’t bother me and we all have players we give a tough time, just an observation
Again I'm not sure why you feel the need to single me out about Ramsey. 90% of the posters here slate him after every game no matter how he plays. I at least give him some credit on the odd occasion when he does play well. Check my posts.

But either way why would I come on and pretend he's been anything other than shit when he's been shit? What would be the point of that? Did hd have a good game today? No he was rubbish. So why not call it like it is? When Ozil (or any player) is consistently that poor I say that too. The thing is few players play that poorly so often. Xhaka certainly and Bellerin all last season.

Nickname? Are you serious? He acts like he thinks he's Messi. He's well earned the name the Welsh Messi-Lite. It's not a pop at your countrymen (which is what I'm starting to think might be what this is really about). He just happens to be a Welsh bloke that thinks he's Messi. :roll: :lol:

Check my posts. I have no vendetta or agenda against Ramsey any more than I do against Xhaka or Comedy Iwobi. They are just mostly bad players. Tbh it's a bit hypocritical of you to have a go at me given the stuff you have also written about some of our players.

Bizarre.