Cardiff City away match fred

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Cardiff City away match fred

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:15 pm
Really no need for you to be so defensive DB10. I’ve pointed out that you constantly give Ramsey a massively hard time which - in my opinion - is hugely disproportionate a lot of the time.

The fact you’ve referred to him in the same bracket as Xhaka and Iwobi underlines that - obviously you’re absolutely entitled to your opinion if you genuinely think that. If that is your opinion then it’s one which I disagree fairly strongly with - which explains why we seem to be on different sides here....

You seem to have taken that as some big insult or attack on you which it really wasn’t. No need to throw your toys out of the pram about it - bit childish concluding that obviously I have an inherent issue with anybody criticising him because he happens to be Welsh. Really??
Not being defensive at all. I asked a simple question. Why single me out and accuse me of having a vendetta against a player that I have defended when he has merited defending? There are people on here that cannot bring themselves to give him credit when he deserves it yet you singled me out.... and you mentioned the nickname....

Im not offended or insulted in the least and to say I'm throwing my toys out of the pram by asking you a question is ludicrously over the top tbh.

augie

Post by augie »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:46 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Really no need for you to be so defensive DB10. I’ve pointed out that you constantly give Ramsey a massively hard time which - in my opinion - is hugely disproportionate a lot of the time.

The fact you’ve referred to him in the same bracket as Xhaka and Iwobi underlines that - obviously you’re absolutely entitled to your opinion if you genuinely think that. If that is your opinion then it’s one which I disagree fairly strongly with - which explains why we seem to be on different sides here....

You seem to have taken that as some big insult or attack on you which it really wasn’t. No need to throw your toys out of the pram about it - bit childish concluding that obviously I have an inherent issue with anybody criticising him because he happens to be Welsh. Really??
Ramsey wasn't our worst player today by a mile. Xhaka wins that award hands down.

One minute before halftime, a simple ball down the line to one of the strikers into the channel and we close out a first half with a 1-0 scoreline, for some reason Xhaka thinks he can pass so decides to do something that is nearly impossible for a player of his calibre ie find a man on the other side of the pitch. Of course, the result is a goal to Cardiff and we make life difficult for ourselves again

I really hope Emery pairs Torreira with Gendouzi rather than Xhaka in future games.

And the fact that he made that mistake and it led to their first equaliser, is exactly the reason why he is standing out in peoples heads as being poor - the reality is that it was a shocking, shocking pass and we suffered as a result, but in most of the other 90+ minutes of the game he actually played decent enough.
Tbh I am absolutely shocked that anyone thinks that ramsey played well today :shock: My eldest lad is a big believer in ramsey and wants him to sign a new deal asap, but even he was absolutely slating him today.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I said I was giving Emery 5 games to ditch Xhaka and Cech. Today was game 4.

Next up Newcastle away in a fortnight, if both those skid marks start (and I fully expect them to) then I am going to be fucking seriously pissed off with him.

PICK YOUR FUCKING STRONGEST TEAM :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I guess “vendetta” seems to have come across a bit more accusatory than it was meant, which was that I think you’re unfairly harsh on him. That’s the difficulty with the internet....

Anyway the Arsenal have won away and the Scum have been put back in their place before everybody has a fortnight off. Let’s agree on that one :barscarf:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:12 pm
nut flush gooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:46 pm
northbank123 wrote:

Ramsey wasn't our worst player today by a mile. Xhaka wins that award hands down.

One minute before halftime, a simple ball down the line to one of the strikers into the channel and we close out a first half with a 1-0 scoreline, for some reason Xhaka thinks he can pass so decides to do something that is nearly impossible for a player of his calibre ie find a man on the other side of the pitch. Of course, the result is a goal to Cardiff and we make life difficult for ourselves again

I really hope Emery pairs Torreira with Gendouzi rather than Xhaka in future games.

And the fact that he made that mistake and it led to their first equaliser, is exactly the reason why he is standing out in peoples heads as being poor - the reality is that it was a shocking, shocking pass and we suffered as a result, but in most of the other 90+ minutes of the game he actually played decent enough.
Tbh I am absolutely shocked that anyone thinks that ramsey played well today :shock: My eldest lad is a big believer in ramsey and wants him to sign a new deal asap, but even he was absolutely slating him today.
Xhaka does this all the time. His poor decision making cost us several goals last season. It doesn’t matter if he plays half decent for the rest of the game, these mistakes get punished in the premier league. Against bigger teams today we lose. We can’t afford to allow any team back into a game when we should be closing out the first half. That team talk has completely changed at half time because of his lack of quality.

I’ve seen enough of Guendozi to know that he’s already a better option than Xhaka, much more direct with his passing and he would be well complimented by Torreira in the middle of the Park.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

It seems so obvious to dump Xhaka for Torreria, dump Cech for Leno. Those two changes would make us way better. Ozil, Ramsey, Bellerin are all next on the block, but perform well enough from time to time. But Xhaka and Cech HAVE to go.

Torreria is the best CM we have had since Santi had that great season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm
I guess “vendetta” seems to have come across a bit more accusatory than it was meant, which was that I think you’re unfairly harsh on him. That’s the difficulty with the internet....

Anyway the Arsenal have won away and the Scum have been put back in their place before everybody has a fortnight off. Let’s agree on that one :barscarf:
No worries mate. I agree it's been a good day! :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:54 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:40 pm

No worries mate. I agree it's been a good day! :barscarf:
It has been a very enjoyable day , 3 points for the Arsenal and zero points for the vermin :barscarf:

I am still waiting to see Leichsteiner and Leno come in to the team and instantly improve our defence
but I am patient so I will give Dick time before the banner comes out :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 am
We need to play Lucas Torriea (sp?), Lichtensteiner and anyone who enjoys a bit of leg biting, Warnock will tell his players to kick us to death.

1 - 5 to the Gunners. URA :barscarf:
Holy humping shit where you been buddy?
I got "Sectioned" for 2 weeks (yeah I know) :? . All good now on the ole "calm down laaa" pills (what my GP refers to as Mood PIlls :roll: )

Went to the game today and didn't get in any fights so they must be working.

For now.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ps: The difference Lucas Torreira made when he came on was blindly obvious.

He is a class act who has a football brain (as has Guendouz - a future legend maybe?) he likes a 'challenge' and his passing is simple and sublime.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

pps: FUCKK OF Warnock you CUN.T

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:27 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:40 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:17 am
We need to play Lucas Torriea (sp?), Lichtensteiner and anyone who enjoys a bit of leg biting, Warnock will tell his players to kick us to death.

1 - 5 to the Gunners. URA :barscarf:
Holy humping shit where you been buddy?
I got "Sectioned" for 2 weeks (yeah I know) :? . All good now on the ole "calm down laaa" pills (what my GP refers to as Mood PIlls :roll: )

Went to the game today and didn't get in any fights so they must be working.

For now.
Hope you’re ok mate.

I’ve done Cardiff away and it must be one of the shittest trips I’ve ever done. Cardiff born and bred and the Millennium Stadium is a brilliant venue in the middle of the city but CCS is a dump in a massive unwelcoming shithole.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Cech passing the ball straight to the fucking opposition is SOUL DESTROYING.

I fucking cannot stand the bastard.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 pm

I’m embarrassed to say that despite being a lot more passionate about supporting us this season then I giggled when he tried to pass it into his own net against City and again today where under very little pressure he passed it straight to Arter on the edge of the box.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:33 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 pm

I’m embarrassed to say that despite being a lot more passionate about supporting us this season then I giggled when he tried to pass it into his own net against City and again today where under very little pressure he passed it straight to Arter on the edge of the box.
When you hear some shit no mark Cardiff player saying that the plan was to target Cech with the ball at his feet you’ve just got to be embarrassed.

Fair fucks to Wrighty on MOTD2 for asking what the hell Leno has to do to get a game.

CECH OUT