Lacazette considering move

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Lacazette considering move

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Got to be bull? :?

nut flush gooner

Re: Lacazette considering move

Post by nut flush gooner »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:43 am
Have to say last season I was worried about his overall demeanour being hauled off early etc. But this season he seems much happier. It can only be a matter of time before he's starting with Auba.

Perhaps it's just his agent sounding out Emery saying you should start him or he can have other options?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

nut flush gooner wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:54 am
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Have to say last season I was worried about his overall demeanour being hauled off early etc. But this season he seems much happier. It can only be a matter of time before he's starting with Auba.

Perhaps it's just his agent sounding out Emery saying you should start him or he can have other options?
A bit late for the transfer window too and to be fair with the manager, he is trying all permutations in such a small space of time....

Blade

Post by Blade »

lost his chance for a WC winners.

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

A bit late for the transfer window too and to be fair with the manager, he is trying all permutations in such a small space of time....

I have largely defended emery to this point when he has been criticised on here, but this point I cannot agree on - not alone has he not yet played bangbang and lacazette together as a front 2, but he has openly said that he doesnt intend doing so in the future, and I cannot understand or agree with it. We have 2 quality strikers that we should be playing together, and we have no proper wingers and are playing a system that requires proper wingers :roll: Add to that, bangbang hasnt played well in any of our 3 games so far, so it must be frustrating for lacazette to not get a start up front ahead of him

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

augie wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:49 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am
nut flush gooner wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:

I have largely defended emery to this point when he has been criticised on here, but this point I cannot agree on - not alone has he not yet played bangbang and lacazette together as a front 2, but he has openly said that he doesnt intend doing so in the future, and I cannot understand or agree with it. We have 2 quality strikers that we should be playing together, and we have no proper wingers and are playing a system that requires proper wingers :roll: Add to that, bangbang hasnt played well in any of our 3 games so far, so it must be frustrating for lacazette to not get a start up front ahead of him

I also worry about these things, I also worry that our wingbacks over commit in every attack and that he keeps picking xhaka, but I will give him time and another transfer window to try and change things, even in terms of players i think we miss:

A hold up striker/target man
a left winger
a new young right back to replace bellerin
a mature center half

assuming all of his new players workout.

All of these faults were there before he took over though tbf, and I don't know how long it takes to sort out.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Blades quote on missing out on a WC winners medal does add to his frustration, so I think you all have correct misgivings on how Emery treads with Lacazette in comparison to the out of form striker!
If they are out of form, and I take your observations as correct, then why does he not just drop him, perfect opportunity!....