Toon Away 15/9 @ 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Toon Away 15/9 @ 3pm

Post by augie »

I listened to the live commentary on today fm (Irish radio channel) and gary breen was praising bellerin's performance right up until their goal, and then he rightly tore him apart - when you watch the goal back, when they crossed the ball into our area from our left wing, bellerin was literally 10 yards inside our half, and miles away from where he should be. To compound the issue, he could see the threat in front of him, and made fcuk all effort to get back as he casually trotted back to our area :evil: In my opinion this isnt about tactical awareness, but is about discipline and desire - under wenger he (and the rest) were allowed run where they liked at will and with no regard for structure or discipline. When they played under le cock there was no recriminations when a player fcuked up, therefore bellend (and the rest) didnt need to bust a gut to get back into position cos they would face no punishments. What dick has to tackle here isnt tactical naivity, it is about a lazy mentality that runs right through some players, and I'm doubtful that he will ever see that flaw disappear in these players

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:19 am
I listened to the live commentary on today fm (Irish radio channel) and gary breen was praising bellerin's performance right up until their goal, and then he rightly tore him apart - when you watch the goal back, when they crossed the ball into our area from our left wing, bellerin was literally 10 yards inside our half, and miles away from where he should be. To compound the issue, he could see the threat in front of him, and made fcuk all effort to get back as he casually trotted back to our area :evil: In my opinion this isnt about tactical awareness, but is about discipline and desire - under wenger he (and the rest) were allowed run where they liked at will and with no regard for structure or discipline. When they played under le cock there was no recriminations when a player fcuked up, therefore bellend (and the rest) didnt need to bust a gut to get back into position cos they would face no punishments. What dick has to tackle here isnt tactical naivity, it is about a lazy mentality that runs right through some players, and I'm doubtful that he will ever see that flaw disappear in these players
I said after the chavs game that its got nothing to do with understanding how emery wants to play or about a tactics its about busting a bollock to get back and its clear to see Wenger left us with a team that only want to go one way and that is forward!! hopefully emery over time will get them killing themselves to get back in to their shape and fight for their lives

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Sokraties looked like he was doing a 3 man job at times. Bellerin up the park, and mustafi with a trademark comedy fall, he had to make a last man tackle on the right side twice.

Bellerin needs to be told to get back, I did notice douzi was spending alot of time in a slightly advanced right back position to cover him, otherwise things would have been worse.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Augie I thought Bellerin was our worst player. After 88 minutes of no threat they nearly scored from exactly the same ball just before. Bellerin isn’t just a yard off the pace for their goal, he is 15 yards up the pitch daydreaming.

At least he is a hair model though :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ramsey was poor, Bellerin was awful, Mustafi was dogshit, Cech looked like an accident waiting to happen, Boomerang was terrible Ozil was anonymous for the first half bar two half decent through balls.... and yet we got the win. Last season playing like this we would have lost.

Second half we looked a bit better. Xhaka in general had a goodish game. He still has no positional sense and gives the ball away for a laugh but in fairness to him he lost possession a bit less than normal and scored a good goal - but a lot of that was down to their keeper making a balls of his wall and his starting position.

Guendouzi did OK but seemed a bit nervous with Ramsey and Xhaka beside him....

Ozil git a bit of luck on his goal. He slotted it nicely but their keeper probably should have saved it.

Major pluses for me were Sokratis and Torriera. Both worked hard and did the simple things right. Torreira has to start. We look more balanced and dominant in midfield when he plays. Why is Dick not starting him? Is it maybe a fitness thing?

Anyway a decent 3 points away that we couldn't seem to buy last season. Progress. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 27, asked Arsenal boss Unai Emery to substitute him during the win over Newcastle because he was tired. (BBC Website)

And the lazy crunt is asking for how much per week!!??? :shock:

Cheeky fuckbag :x

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am
Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 27, asked Arsenal boss Unai Emery to substitute him during the win over Newcastle because he was tired. (BBC Website)

Looked like he pulled up to be fair. Probably one of his innocuous injuries that will rule him out for weeks.

By far the bigger issue was that he had a complete and utter horror show. Completely fluffed our only chance of the first half. Really making it difficult to think that he is somebody we should be paying a Kings ransom and building a team around. The team as a whole is a work in progress and nobody has looked entirely comfortable but he has got some way to go to convince me and most others that he is worth what he seems to think he is.

GTG

Post by GTG »

northbank123 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:15 am

Looked like he pulled up to be fair. Probably one of his innocuous injuries that will rule him out for weeks.

By far the bigger issue was that he had a complete and utter horror show. Completely fluffed our only chance of the first half. Really making it difficult to think that he is somebody we should be paying a Kings ransom and building a team around. The team as a whole is a work in progress and nobody has looked entirely comfortable but he has got some way to go to convince me and most others that he is worth what he seems to think he is.

Asked to come off because he was tired? Yeah sure he did... I can just imagine him shouting that over the bench. It was obvious he pulled up but that doesn't fit with the Ramsey agenda.

I thought he was poor on Saturday but he still wasn't the worst.

In terms of this Kings ransom he's after - its modern football... his agent will tell him how much they think they can get him and he will go for that. The club obviously haven't met his demands but i'll also bet they haven't told him in no uncertain terms "this is the best offer your going to get" Its the club thats to blame for these contract situations because they never take control of it.

A player will try and squeeze as much as they possibly can. Ramsey isn't the first and certainly won't be the last. Does anyone honestly think Ozil would still be here had we not caved in and paid him the ridiculous wages?

The club needs to sort itself out in this area and be more decisive.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

great result :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 am
News travels fast to sofaland doesn’t it ?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:57 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 am
News travels fast to sofaland doesn’t it ?
:lol: