AFC vs Real - Legends charity game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: AFC vs Real - Legends charity game

Post by GranadaJoe »

I assume that a number of the posters ranting about AFTV haven't seen the footage. "Fucking simpletons", "ignorant imbeciles", etc????

I decided to watch it before commenting and it was one bloke, who clearly is either educationally sub-normal or has actual mental health problems. He could barely get a sentence out.

I usually check out AFTV once a week and they interview a lot of fans. Some talk sense, many talk bollocks but I think it's important to give ordinary fans a voice. It's also good to have your own views challenged occasionallly. The alternative is to leave commentary to Carragher, Neville and Jenas.

I think AFTV were clutching at straws after the 'Legends' game, because many of the fans hadn't been on the channel before and had little to say.
In general it's better to not censor contributors (a very slippery slope) and accept that the odd idiot will get airtime.

augie

Post by augie »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:58 am
I assume that a number of the posters ranting about AFTV haven't seen the footage. "Fucking simpletons", "ignorant imbeciles", etc????

I decided to watch it before commenting and it was one bloke, who clearly is either educationally sub-normal or has actual mental health problems. He could barely get a sentence out.

I usually check out AFTV once a week and they interview a lot of fans. Some talk sense, many talk bollocks but I think it's important to give ordinary fans a voice. It's also good to have your own views challenged occasionallly. The alternative is to leave commentary to Carragher, Neville and Jenas.

I think AFTV were clutching at straws after the 'Legends' game, because many of the fans hadn't been on the channel before and had little to say.
In general it's better to not censor contributors (a very slippery slope) and accept that the odd idiot will get airtime.

I thought myself that he looked drunk, high or special needs, so I pretty much disgarded everything he said

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah I watched it before commenting as it happens. If that guy has mental health issues or learning difficulties then it’s even worse that he was exploited and put on the air in the first place, but they don’t give a fuck unless they get clicks anyway.

Robbie challenged him by saying Perry Groves was an Arsenal legend when he was mugging him off but had nothing to say when he made the disparaging remarks about Anders. Scraping the bottom of the barrel? FUCK OFF.

Anders Limpar was my first real hero in red and white (hence the avatar), he was the player I imagined I was in the school playground every single day. The Arsenal number 11 shirt will always have special significance to me because of him. When I scored a goal in my back garden the commentator in my head never mentioned my name instead he always screamed GOAL for Anders Limpar.

So yeah I’m pissed off when Robbie the Luton fan decides to run a video like that unchallenged. Even the official Arsenal social media account has tweeted out videos of Anders in action in response. I’ve also seen players from that era comment on what an absolute quality player he was.

AFTV???? Bunch of fucking muppets.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am
whats funnier is the bloke who moaned about the aforementioned limpar being a barrel scarping selection for a legends game then listed several other players he wished to see, including martin keown :oops:

fair enough he played a couple of hundred games but the man was never a legend at the club - how can you prefer to see him than limpar is beyond me :shock:
Keown not a legend??? Over 400 appearances, 10 trophies won including 2 doubles? {3 charity shields in that to be fair}, bit harsh to not have him as a legend, loved his will to win and determination, we could do with a bit of that with the current mob!
Class of '82, left and returned to the club he supported. Like O'Leary people have difficulty calling him an Arsenal legend. Shame really, he should've had 5 league titles with us had he not let the hot head of youth anger George Graham. Also, anyone that can coach a back 4 of eboue, senderos, toure and flamini not to concede a goal in the champions League deserves to be a legend just for that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The other issue here is these AFTV mongs are giving a public voice to absolute cretins that embarrass our genuine lifelong Arsenal fanbase. Fans of most clubs think Arsenal fans are all Tarquins or fake JCL twats. That is a fact. And shit like AFTV feeds that.

There is also no quality control because these AFTV Dick's are chasing clicks. Hippies and tree huggers hide behind the censorship argument and ignore the fact that not every cùnt should have his embarrassingly stupid opinion broadcast. To me it's Generation Wànker thinking to propagate this bullshit that everyone no matter how fucking stupid they are has the right to have their voice heard.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

When I went to Newcastle away last year there were about 50 fans gathered around this shit - most of them Home fans come for a laugh and to see the amusement.

Travelling circus, laughing stock, call it what you like. I was too fucking angry to talk on the way out after yet another away game where we were spineless, didn’t turn up and the players couldn’t even be fucked acknowledging the fans - and that was without a horror trip back to London!

Yet for some people it’s the highlight of their trip trying to get onto that internet rubbish.

The Arsenal Way

Post by The Arsenal Way »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:47 pm
The other issue here is these AFTV mongs are giving a public voice to absolute cretins that embarrass our genuine lifelong Arsenal fanbase. Fans of most clubs think Arsenal fans are all Tarquins or fake JCL twats. That is a fact. And shit like AFTV feeds that.

There is also no quality control because these AFTV Dick's are chasing clicks. Hippies and tree huggers hide behind the censorship argument and ignore the fact that not every cùnt should have his embarrassingly stupid opinion broadcast. To me it's Generation Wànker thinking to propagate this bullshit that everyone no matter how fucking stupid they are has the right to have their voice heard.
That everyone no matter how fucking stupid they are has the right to have their voice heard

Thank you. My opinion does count after all. :bowing21:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Arsenal Way wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:41 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

That everyone no matter how fucking stupid they are has the right to have their voice heard

Thank you. My opinion does count after all. :bowing21:
:lol:

As with everything there are exceptions to the rule.... :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:

But if stupid comments were censored there'd be a lot less content on this forum and, as a mod, you'd have to delete many of the posts you'd just written.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

elpelsarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am
whats funnier is the bloke who moaned about the aforementioned limpar being a barrel scarping selection for a legends game then listed several other players he wished to see, including martin keown :oops:

fair enough he played a couple of hundred games but the man was never a legend at the club - how can you prefer to see him than limpar is beyond me :shock:
Keown not a legend??? Over 400 appearances, 10 trophies won including 2 doubles? {3 charity shields in that to be fair}, bit harsh to not have him as a legend, loved his will to win and determination, we could do with a bit of that with the current mob!
In my opinion a legend is someone who effects the club and changes it, someone who's influence is discussed long after they leave, a real icon. Keown happened to be at the club while wwe were successful but he was never part of the famous back five, Seaman Winterburn, Adams, Bould & Dixon. Not that he might not be a cult hero but Legend - no way.

On the subject of AFTV I believe its a cynical money making oppurtunity, as much as we can lambast Ty or DT it's the bloke with the microphone that is the one that enables all this embarassing attention the club gets. I don't believe he cares about given real fans a voice, he's out to get public exposure, hence why he's hosting some other show soon iirc. The channel is also managed by a united fan i believe, I think this was actually confirmed on twitter.