AFC vs Real - Legends charity game

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

AFC vs Real - Legends charity game

Post by Midz »

As it would seem that I'm the only person that watched this game I felt it only right to make a post about it.

Lehman had a great game. Made some very good saves, He's probably playing better now than Cech!
It was entertaining to see these older players huffing and puffing. Winterburn played the 90mins and looked like he could go on for more.

Well done Arsenal & Real Madrid. :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: AFC vs Real - Legends charity game

Post by StuartL »

I watched the first half - and then watched the penalties after the event.

Yeah Lens played well, Aliadiare looked like he could still do a job, Sukur looks so old now and Pires’ passing ability has gone to shit big time, which was surprising.

:barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

"Legends" game.... Alliadiuseless.... :shock:

:coffeespit:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I see those fucking simpletons at AFTV were mugging off the legend that is Anders Limpar after the game.

Some oxygen thief on there reckons a legends team including Anders was “scraping the bottom of the barrel”.

FUCK OFF YOU C.UNTS :twisted:

It’s about time there was a serious kick back against those embarrassing fuck wits.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:47 pm
I see those fucking simpletons at AFTV were mugging off the legend that is Anders Limpar after the game.

Some oxygen thief on there reckons a legends team including Anders was “scraping the bottom of the barrel”.

Yep saw IWWW8 called them out on that on Twitter.

Post by 1989 »

Davor Suker hasn't half let himself go. :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

It’s about time there was a serious kick back against those embarrassing fuck wits.

:shock:

WHAT. THE. ABSOLUTE. FUCKING. FUCK? :shock:

The fucking cheek of these snowflake Generation Wànker entitled media whore cùnts. Fuck them. :censored:

Limpar was the Bergkamp precursor. He brought real craft and technique and guile and vision to a team top heavy with workhorses. One of the most gifted players I've ever seen play the game.

These AFTV mongs have embarrassed this club long enough. They need to be shut down. Crowd of fucking Generation Wànker idiots. :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 am
rodders999 wrote:

:shock:

WHAT. THE. ABSOLUTE. FUCKING. FUCK? :shock:

The fucking cheek of these snowflake Generation Wànker entitled media whore cùnts. Fuck them. :censored:

Limpar was the Bergkamp precursor. He brought real craft and technique and guile and vision to a team top heavy with workhorses. One of the most gifted players I've ever seen play the game.

These AFTV mongs have embarrassed this club long enough. They need to be shut down. Crowd of fucking Generation Wànker idiots. :censored:

To a large degree I agree with much of that, but on this occasion they interviewed some numpties who had not be seen before - in other words it was none of the usual guys that were mugging limpar off

The part that was most ridiculous to me is when some of the fans present were asked who out of the present squad had the potential to be classed as a legend in years to come - bangbang (most popular) and lacazette were suggested, which are ridiculous suggestions given that the most either will be at the club is 3 or 4 years given their ages :roll: Ramsey was another guy that was mentioned a few times, and I'm thinking "what the fcuk" :shock: People nowadays buy into every story the media put out there (trump's false news if you like :wink: ), and ramsey has a rep that is far higher than his performances deserve :roll:

If we are realistic we will acknowledge that NONE of the current batch will ever make legendary status - however if we are to pick some "prospects" from the current squad, then smith-rowe, leno and guendozi are the only one's that I would consider. Leno (being 26 years old) has the potential to be first choice at this club for a long time, whilst guendozi has been a revelation thus far, but smith-rowe would have the best chance of becoming a club legend imo. Back in the day real "foreign" legends like Bergkamp, PV4 and henry etc, were happy to stay at the club when we were winning and challenging for all the top trophies, but I dont envisage that happening anytime soon so I expect that guendozi and leno wont be here for the long haul - the catch 22 is that if they are playing at legend quality then the big european clubs will tempt them away if we not successful, but if they not playing at that level none of those clubs will want them but they wont be good enough to be called legends :lol: Smith-Rowe looked to have a bit of class about him, and he does seem to play with his head up and see a pass - I know that we have seen many young potential stars fail to match the hype so this guy might be just another one to add to that list, but he has potential and can learn from a proper coach now so the possibility is there 8)

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

If they had said we were "scraping the barrel" with Aliadiere or Boa Morte at the weekend they might have had a point, but Anders Limpar????
Fuck off you annoying SKY generation bunch of ignorant imbeciles, you have no idea what your talking about and have made this comment after not watching Limpar either in person or on youtube etc!
Ridiculous that these people represent us in any form, Limpar was quality from the moment he scored at Wembley on his debut against Villa with a wonder goal till the moment he left us, we all loved the little fella, anyone who was there at Highbury when he scored from the halfway line against Liverpool or at Elland Road when he ran the full length of the pitch before burying the ball into the bottom corner will always love him! What the fuck do these retards know? fuck all.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

whats funnier is the bloke who moaned about the aforementioned limpar being a barrel scarping selection for a legends game then listed several other players he wished to see, including martin keown :oops:

fair enough he played a couple of hundred games but the man was never a legend at the club - how can you prefer to see him than limpar is beyond me :shock:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Who is this fucking Limpar bloke then and what did he ever do for the Arsenal to be in a legends team :shock: :lol:

I take it that the guilty party is some snotty little 16 year old kid - I hope!!

Limpar was awesome for most of the 1990/91 season and I seem to recall we won something that year! His goal up at OT won the game and he scored plenty of goals that season including destroying Coventry home and away. His 2 goals at Coventry in the last 5 minutes to win the game led to brilliant celebrations and a little bit of dancing on the overhang above the dugouts as I recall :lol:

Good that Wrighty and Super Kev have both labelled the bloke an idiot and Robbie needs to be a little more careful who he lets speak.

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am
whats funnier is the bloke who moaned about the aforementioned limpar being a barrel scarping selection for a legends game then listed several other players he wished to see, including martin keown :oops:

fair enough he played a couple of hundred games but the man was never a legend at the club - how can you prefer to see him than limpar is beyond me :shock:
Keown not a legend??? Over 400 appearances, 10 trophies won including 2 doubles? {3 charity shields in that to be fair}, bit harsh to not have him as a legend, loved his will to win and determination, we could do with a bit of that with the current mob!

herbert

Post by herbert »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 am
Who is this fucking Limpar bloke then and what did he ever do for the Arsenal to be in a legends team :shock: :lol:

I take it that the guilty party is some snotty little 16 year old kid - I hope!!

Limpar was awesome for most of the 1990/91 season and I seem to recall we won something that year! His goal up at OT won the game and he scored plenty of goals that season including destroying Coventry home and away. His 2 goals at Coventry in the last 5 minutes to win the game led to brilliant celebrations and a little bit of dancing on the overhang above the dugouts as I recall :lol:

Good that Wrighty and Super Kev have both labelled the bloke an idiot and Robbie needs to be a little more careful who he lets speak.
You cant blame Robbie ,He never saw him play as Limpar was injured when Robbie stopped supporting Luton for Arsenal in 93 :lol:

elpelsarmy

Post by elpelsarmy »

herbert wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:12 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:56 am

You cant blame Robbie ,He never saw him play as Limpar was injured when Robbie stopped supporting Luton for Arsenal in 93 :lol:
:D :D :D

herbert

Post by herbert »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:51 am

Delete the post as quickly as you can Henry :shock: and no one will ever mention it again :lol: