Europa League: Arsenal FC Vs FC Vorskla Thursday 20th Sept 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Europa League: Arsenal FC Vs FC Vorskla Thursday 20th Sept 8pm

Post by northbank123 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:31 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am
Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 am
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:08 pm

The only time he touched the ball was when he was picking it out of his net. Had absolutely nothing to do. One nice chipped pass to El Neny in the first half that helmet head could only dream of doing but a spectator for the rest. No chance on either goal.
Agreed 100%. Would also add he looks 100% more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Cech and knows when to pass short and when to just hoof the fucker. Dick simply HAS TO drop Cech and give Leno a decent run of PL games.
If we were dropping players for mistakes that led to goals this season Bellerin Mustafi and Sokratis wouldnt be in the team.Cech has done nothing to be dropped.
Other than give me and the whole of the North Bank a fucking heart attack every time he tries to 'plat the ball out'

:wink:
He nearly scored an OG against City, gave the ball straight to Harry Arter at Cardiff (who luckily shat himself) and has given away two corners by passing the pall directly out of play - something I've never seen a goalkeeper do before.

He puts the jitters in our already half terrified defence every time the ball is at his feet and to continue with him in goal while persisting with playing it out from the back is just plain stupid.
Added to which he hardly covered himself in glory with west ham’s Goal and whilst I’m not saying he should have saved sterling’s then he couldn’t even move.

He’s only played five games for fucks sake. Hardly like he has built up a massive amount of credit in the bank over the last few seasons to justify keeping the jersey in the first place.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:58 pm
He should never play a game of professional football again after this -

phpBB [video]
HOLY FUCKKK !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Good job I'm on Tranquilizers!

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Cech v Leno. Very hard sometimes with goalies to compare. Years ago I read the Bob Wilson book on goalkeeping & one of the points he made was maybe we should not judge them on their mistakes but rather on their goal making saves. Mind you back in Bob's day not many keepers started attacks by passing to their fullback. It was 'Welly' the fuckin' thing down the field.
Lookin' forward to see who plays this week. Don't really care as that's not our main problem. :barscarf: :barscarf: