Europa League: Arsenal FC Vs FC Vorskla Thursday 20th Sept 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Re: Europa League: Arsenal FC Vs FC Vorskla Thursday 20th Sept 8pm

Post by 1989 »

Torreira going head first into a tackle.
Warrior :twisted:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Fuck, just realised my 6 team acca worth 120 quid went down the shitter with that last goal. Has us -2.

FUCK SAKE :banghead:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

1989 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 pm
So much time for this. Headcase.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Love it. Proper old school. :barscarf: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:08 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 pm
Ive sky+ the game and havent seen it yet, so in the meantime can ye tell me how leno played tonight ? My main focus on the game tonight would have been centred on leno's push to get rid of helmet head, and it saddens me that he has conceded 2 against a pub team - could he be faulted in any way or was he solid all game ?
The only time he touched the ball was when he was picking it out of his net. Had absolutely nothing to do. One nice chipped pass to El Neny in the first half that helmet head could only dream of doing but a spectator for the rest. No chance on either goal.
Agreed 100%. Would also add he looks 100% more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Cech and knows when to pass short and when to just hoof the fucker. Dick simply HAS TO drop Cech and give Leno a decent run of PL games.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:43 am
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
Ive sky+ the game and havent seen it yet, so in the meantime can ye tell me how leno played tonight ? My main focus on the game tonight would have been centred on leno's push to get rid of helmet head, and it saddens me that he has conceded 2 against a pub team - could he be faulted in any way or was he solid all game ?
The only time he touched the ball was when he was picking it out of his net. Had absolutely nothing to do. One nice chipped pass to El Neny in the first half that helmet head could only dream of doing but a spectator for the rest. No chance on either goal.
Agreed 100%. Would also add he looks 100% more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Cech and knows when to pass short and when to just hoof the fucker. Dick simply HAS TO drop Cech and give Leno a decent run of PL games.
If we were dropping players for mistakes that led to goals this season Bellerin Mustafi and Sokratis wouldnt be in the team.Cech has done nothing to be dropped.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 pm
Welwide has been just appalling. I'd say he's found his level against these pubbers but fuck me they might actually be a level above him tbh.... :oops:
He is so limited as a player, technically poor on the ball, clumsy, poor anticipation and offers pretty much fuck all to the team.
Yes, his Clumsiness reminds me of Sanogo. Maybe they are related - Or was it that wenger saw similarities in them and so that's why he signe dthem? - I mean beyond the obvious that wenger was a 100% certified looney tunes by this point in his tenure at AFC. :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ernie71 wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:42 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
If we were dropping players for mistakes that led to goals this season Bellerin Mustafi and Sokratis wouldnt be in the team.Cech has done nothing to be dropped.
Other than give me and the whole of the North Bank a fucking heart attack every time he tries to 'plat the ball out'

:wink:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

1989 wrote:
the sort of bloke who doesn't use oven gloves 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am
Ernie71 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:
Other than give me and the whole of the North Bank a fucking heart attack every time he tries to 'plat the ball out'

:wink:
He nearly scored an OG against City, gave the ball straight to Harry Arter at Cardiff (who luckily shat himself) and has given away two corners by passing the pall directly out of play - something I've never seen a goalkeeper do before.

He puts the jitters in our already half terrified defence every time the ball is at his feet and to continue with him in goal while persisting with playing it out from the back is just plain stupid.

augie

Post by augie »

Ernie71 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Have to say that is one of the more baffling statements made on here for a while :shock: He is absolutely shit with the ball at his feet, and his mistakes in that area should have cost us at least 3 goals so far this season. It also needs to be said that the man is too slow getting down to those low shots, and when I say too slow I mean waaaay to slow :roll:
This is a new regime trying to build a new team and new system - cech doesnt fit into that system and at 36 years old he never will

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Pub team puts two past Leno The Beano, Cech retains his spot simples..... 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 pm
Pub team puts two past Leno The Beano, Cech retains his spot simples..... 8)
Didn't Cardiff, who hadn't scored a goal up to that point, put two past Cech?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He should never play a game of professional football again after this -

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:49 am
Ernie71 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
augie wrote:

Have to say that is one of the more baffling statements made on here for a while :shock: He is absolutely shit with the ball at his feet, and his mistakes in that area should have cost us at least 3 goals so far this season. It also needs to be said that the man is too slow getting down to those low shots, and when I say too slow I mean waaaay to slow :roll:
This is a new regime trying to build a new team and new system - cech doesnt fit into that system and at 36 years old he never will
Thanks Augie - saved me typing all that out. 8)