We love you Freddie

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

We love you Freddie

Post by nut flush gooner »

A bit under the radar but the U23s have started the season undefeated, having just beaten the scousers. A potential future manager in the making? Who knows, but its good to hear positive vibes in the club once again.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 42901.html

OneBardGooner

Re: We love you Freddie

Post by OneBardGooner »

I think it is quite telling that there were a number of ex-players who sometimes either offered their services to train/coach/assist at some level at AFC, and were refused or were ignored whilst wengercuntslop was in charge yet now the despotcunt is gone have returned to the fold and are seen to be doing well.

"We love you Freddy coz you've got red hair!" :barscarf: (or did have) :D

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm
I think it is quite telling that there were a number of ex-players who sometimes either offered their services to train/coach/assist at some level at AFC, and were refused or were ignored whilst wengercuntslop was in charge yet now the despotcunt is gone have returned to the fold and are seen to be doing well.

"We love you Freddy coz you've got red hair!" :barscarf: (or did have) :D
"We love you Freddy coz you've got NO hair!"

I think we changed it to that in the later years, or I was I the only one singing this ? :oops: :lol:

DarylAFC

Post by DarylAFC »

While I'm not one of those who were calling for Arteta to be manager simply for being an ex-player, it would be nice in future to have one, an Invincible no less, at the helm when they're suitably qualified and experienced.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SlySports showed the highlights of our 02 Double season the other night and Freddie just seemed to almost carry us over the line with his goals in those last 5 or 6 games. It was so often the same pattern: bit of astonishing Bergkamp genius to make space, lose defenders, and slot a brilliant pass to Freddie who finished them expertly. 8)

And THAT goal in the cup final against the chav dirt..... 8)

What a player. :barscarf: 8)

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:49 am
SlySports showed the highlights of our 02 Double season the other night and Freddie just seemed to almost carry us over the line with his goals in those last 5 or 6 games. It was so often the same pattern: bit of astonishing Bergkamp genius to make space, lose defenders, and slot a brilliant pass to Freddie who finished them expertly. 8)

And how crazy is it that he was probably not even our 3rd best player in that team
Henry
Bergkamp
Pires
Viera

all were probably better, I often say to my mates that team (at the same age) would destroy any arround now, but I get that "but the game is faster now" response.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:58 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:49 am

And how crazy is it that he was probably not even our 3rd best player in that team
Henry
Bergkamp
Pires
Viera

all were probably better, I often say to my mates that team (at the same age) would destroy any arround now, but I get that "but the game is faster now" response.
The early Wenger teams where all about pace and power too you know, we also used to press high up the pitch. Saying that todays game is quicker is a bit disingenuos imo, when Henry (Overmars and Anelka too) was as quick as anything in the PL today. Some of our breakaway goals where breathtaking, covering the pitch in a few seconds.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I agree with you, but that is always the lazy comeback when you mention a past team.