Watford Home 29/09 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GTG

Re: Watford Home 29/09 3pm

Post by GTG »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:02 am
A good solid win. They are no pushovers and we did well to stay in it until our late winners. The "fearsome" Monchichi Deeney never materialised. Again. :lol: :roll:

Not sure where the Comedy Iwobi praise is coming from tbh. He was average at best which I suppose is better than his usual utter gash. Even his "assist" for the own goal was a poor cross about a yard behind where Lacazette needed it. But he looked so happy at almost getting something right I was genuinely happy for him. :lol:

Thought Ozil was very anonymous for huge chunks of the first half but came into when the Welsh Messi-Lite went off and got out of everyone's way. His goal was a lovely run into the danger area and a good finish too but tbh you'd crucify a player that missed from that far out. :wink:

Cech did well up until his hammy went but Leno saved one that tbh I don't think Cech would have got near.

Holding did well enough but Mustafi was in brain fart mode again..... :|

Torreira has to start every game. His calm drive energy and (mostly) controlled aggression are superb.

Lacazette missed a couple of good chances and Boomerang looked out of sorts but let's mark that down to a bad day at the office. But I still think we are more effective with Boomerang in the centre and Ozil in the 10.

A hard fought good win and another clean sheet. I think that's 8 straight wins now too isn't it?

As has been the case on numerous occasions so far trhis season - I really dont understand why emery doesnt play ozil in the 10 position behind bangbang and lacazette, with guendozi brought in as an extra deep lying midfielder behind ozil :?
Anyway we have to be happy that another win has been secured and again it maybe slightly flattered us - of course it shouldnt hide the issues in the performances that still exist, but it is giving confidence to the players (and the fans) and that will be needed when we hit the rocky patch(es) that no doubt lie ahead.
I only seen motd highlights so I obviously missed the punch that leno is supposed to have missed, but straight after his great save, leno came to 2 dangerous and his punches cleared the penalty area - THE single hardest thing for a "foreign" keeper to adapt to in england is the physical aspect of dealing with crosses into the area, and from what I seen Leno is pretty confident in that area 8)
Very much agree with this. What harm would it do to play Ghendouzi in a 3 with Xhaka and Torreira? It means Ozil can play in the natural position and be happy and most importantly effective. Our only source of width comes from the full backs anyway and with 3 in the middle we can cover them as they go forward.

I know its early days but im not convinced Dick is as open to changes as we would like. He's not on the level of Wenger with his favourites I don't think but at the same time he is persisting with a shape that makes us unbalanced and isn't getting the best from our star players. I would hope that he will change something but i'd wager it would more likely be Iwobi in for Rambo to move Ozil into the centre than what we'd both like to see.

I thought holding did alright and i'd like to see him partner Sokaratis when hes back.

I also wish to god Xhaka would just concentrate if hes going to be in the team. The things he does during a game are inexcusable at this level.