Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

Post by DB10GOONER »

We missed Holding and Welbeck?!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Jesus fucking Christ. :oops: :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

we missed the normal clinical finishing from laca and auba. and we defended shit.

We had enough chances to win the game, but how to you win if you keep letting in 2 and 3 goals.

the whole sky team where telling us iwobi was our best player, I think they want us to keep playing him because they know he is shit.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Obviously disappointed to lose to them but not too disappointed to be go out the league cup before Christmas. Gives Emery a bit of breathing space to get some proper deals done in the transfer window, and work with the new players.
Saying that I was a bit surprised to see Xhaka in central defence. I was hoping to see Pleguezuelo play again, he did well earlier on in the tournament or at least have monreal play in the back 3 with xhaka on the left where he's done better playing there than in midfield. Even Jenkinson would have a been a better choice in defence.
He picked ramsey and mhiki because of their experience and they let us down with their finishing. After scoring twice at the weekend I was surprised mhiki missed the one on one. That goes in totally different game and I think we would have gone through. Although as I said earlier not too disheartened to go out this competition at this stage.
Emery was asked about Ozil being absent "is ozil working hard enough in training?" The pause in Emery's response was telling, and his answer didn't suggest that ozil was working hard enough in training. I think we have a good idea who might be first out the door in January.
He's doing what he can with the squad of players he's working with. A 22 match unbeaten run at this early stage is unheard of so he's getting his message across. The one player who wasn't at the races at all was Auba. Too many games???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:50 pm
Obviously disappointed to lose to them but not too disappointed to be go out the league cup before Christmas. Gives Emery a bit of breathing space to get some proper deals done in the transfer window, and work with the new players.
Saying that I was a bit surprised to see Xhaka in central defence. I was hoping to see Pleguezuelo play again, he did well earlier on in the tournament or at least have monreal play in the back 3 with xhaka on the left where he's done better playing there than in midfield. Even Jenkinson would have a been a better choice in defence.
He picked ramsey and mhiki because of their experience and they let us down with their finishing. After scoring twice at the weekend I was surprised mhiki missed the one on one. That goes in totally different game and I think we would have gone through. Although as I said earlier not too disheartened to go out this competition at this stage.
Emery was asked about Ozil being absent "is ozil working hard enough in training?" The pause in Emery's response was telling, and his answer didn't suggest that ozil was working hard enough in training. I think we have a good idea who might be first out the door in January.
He's doing what he can with the squad of players he's working with. A 22 match unbeaten run at this early stage is unheard of so he's getting his message across. The one player who wasn't at the races at all was Auba. Too many games???
WTF? I've gotta ask mate what where you watching? The 3 worst players on the pitch (apart from a past it unfit Kos) were Comedy Iwobi the Welsh Messi-Lite and Mickey Useless. The Boomerang was trying to feed off less than scraps. A predatory strikers relies on the quality of ball to him and those three mongs didn't give him one decent ball all night.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I think the players choked, we lacked ideas and gumption but our injury crisis at the back is a serious handicap going forward .
I do think chambers should be recalled but we do need organizing at the back and if theirs one thing that Emry hasn't seemed to address is our defending.
He has a free pass for me for at least 1/2 seasons , but the next 2 or three transfer windows will see how good the infrastructure at the club as much as the managers ability to get the team going .
It's dissapointing to cave our neighbours but the league is ultimately a more important win !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Been quiet on here for a while - hope all the usual suspects are doing well

I took advantage of the cheap ticket prices and wanted to go with my lad so broke my duck and parted with a crisp tenner, daring to think the 'matchday experience' might be different these days and that the team had really got up to their level (knowing deep down it wasn't the case). Was disappointing on both counts. Firstly the ground is still full of absolutely clueless, tourist c.unts shouting out meaningless crap like "press the ball" every ten seconds, not to mention "shoot" when anyone is within 40 yards of the goal. Mindnumbing - we really have got some complete tools as fans these days

As for the performance - as limpdicked and boring as anything I witnessed last season, especially the second half which was absolutely nauseating. Poor old Emery - I feel for the bloke immensely. To have gone 22 games unbeaten with the shower left behind by that clueless old c.unt is nothing short of a miracle but it was always going to come to an end sometime soon and I fear its a long way back out of the dip

I said at the start of the season that there should be no targets around trophies or top four this season - when I read that there is supposedly some ultimatum from the board about finishing top four I had to believe it was a joke. Wenger has done a decade's worth of damage to this club and it will take around 3-4 transfer windows and a special kind of coach to even get us back to within spitting distance of the top 4. Spurs are a better side than us by far despite the recent 4-2 win. City and Liverpool light years ahead and Chelsea still have the ability to defend properly and have one of the world's greatest attacking players to dig them out of the shit

When I see us limping towards Xmas with Xhaka at CB, Maitland-Niles as a wing back who can't cross, Iwobi back to the headless performances of last year and Twirly trying his backheels when we have a genuine shooting chance, I know that Wenger's poison is still there eroding the club. When it gets to the stage that people are desperate to see the return of Mustafi and Bellerin then you know you're truly fucked

I have high hopes for Emery but only for the long haul. I wonder if in this world of instant gratification our new brand of superfan will allow him the time to deliver? I can only hope so. When you look at the managers sitting in the top two spots, we all know how things could have been different a few years ago. Back then Wenger was allowed limitless time to sort out the mess - he fucked us over. Emery needs 2-3 years at least

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:19 pm
Been quiet on here for a while - hope all the usual suspects are doing well

I took advantage of the cheap ticket prices and wanted to go with my lad so broke my duck and parted with a crisp tenner, daring to think the 'matchday experience' might be different these days and that the team had really got up to their level (knowing deep down it wasn't the case). Was disappointing on both counts. Firstly the ground is still full of absolutely clueless, tourist c.unts shouting out meaningless crap like "press the ball" every ten seconds, not to mention "shoot" when anyone is within 40 yards of the goal. Mindnumbing - we really have got some complete tools as fans these days

As for the performance - as limpdicked and boring as anything I witnessed last season, especially the second half which was absolutely nauseating. Poor old Emery - I feel for the bloke immensely. To have gone 22 games unbeaten with the shower left behind by that clueless old c.unt is nothing short of a miracle but it was always going to come to an end sometime soon and I fear its a long way back out of the dip

I said at the start of the season that there should be no targets around trophies or top four this season - when I read that there is supposedly some ultimatum from the board about finishing top four I had to believe it was a joke. Wenger has done a decade's worth of damage to this club and it will take around 3-4 transfer windows and a special kind of coach to even get us back to within spitting distance of the top 4. Spurs are a better side than us by far despite the recent 4-2 win. City and Liverpool light years ahead and Chelsea still have the ability to defend properly and have one of the world's greatest attacking players to dig them out of the shit

When I see us limping towards Xmas with Xhaka at CB, Maitland-Niles as a wing back who can't cross, Iwobi back to the headless performances of last year and Twirly trying his backheels when we have a genuine shooting chance, I know that Wenger's poison is still there eroding the club. When it gets to the stage that people are desperate to see the return of Mustafi and Bellerin then you know you're truly fucked

I have high hopes for Emery but only for the long haul. I wonder if in this world of instant gratification our new brand of superfan will allow him the time to deliver? I can only hope so. When you look at the managers sitting in the top two spots, we all know how things could have been different a few years ago. Back then Wenger was allowed limitless time to sort out the mess - he fucked us over. Emery needs 2-3 years at least
I agree with all of that.

Good seeing you back posting Steve.

THERE'S ONLY ONE STEVIE-O 35!!! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:53 pm
What an utter shower of shit we were !
I'm nursing some bruises today ,I shall be easing myself into a radox bath in a moment and will then have some codeine linctus and a nap.
My head is so sore but that was the Irish coffees !
Nice post Augie that sums it up nicely for me .

Hope the bruises are okay, those queues for a latte at half time can be brutal can’t they :wink:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Hope the bruises are okay, those queues for a latte at half time can be brutal can’t they :wink:
I think you’ll find it was for a £10 pizza slice, grilled red pepper everywhere! :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:55 am
I think you’ll find it was for a £10 pizza slice, grilled red pepper everywhere! :box:
:lol: :lol: