Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

Post by Bradywasking »

Awful stuff again..Ifs and buts on the chances we missed especially the one at 0-0...We still were not up for this enough. It , maybe understandably, lacked the intensity of the league game on and off the pitch..Jamie Redknapp thought Iwobi was our main man, and the stupid c##t gets paid for spouting rubbish like that.. I think Iwobi is on Getvinho's level of awfulness. Maitland Niles doesn't have the pace for a right back/ right wing back position. He also seems very passive on the ball,nice talented player but if he good enough remains to be seen. Nothing went right for us but that was our fault as much as fate..God I hate those scumbags, Alli , Son and Kane are despicable on a level that Keane, Scholes and Teddy could only dream of...after the flare up in the league game Son goes straight to the same corner holding the stupid crest on his shirt...He should be charged for provocation. So pissed off tonight..

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Pfft. We won the one that matters. We'll finish above them in the league. They will win fuck all again and their manager will leave. I wouldn't worry too much.

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 pm
falkirk goon wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:40 pm
If that lot get Burton Albion in the semi I’ll cry.
It's a certainty they will draw them :(
Chavs thank fuck.
They will beat the Chavs.But we all know City will win it.Did we really want a two legged semi final when the squad is so fucking threadbare? We need two CB's in the window or its no top 4.

The one bit of good news tonight was Ozil picked up another £350k for not playing a second.He has started one out of the last 6 games. His contra :ct is £18m a year :censored:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Chavs thank fuck.
They will beat the Chavs.But we all know City will win it.Did we really want a two legged semi final when the squad is so fucking threadbare? We need two CB's in the window or its no top 4.

The one bit of good news tonight was Ozil picked up another £350k for not playing a second.He has started one out of the last 6 games. His contract is £18m a year :censored:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fuck. :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Chavs thank fuck.
I concur 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ernie71 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Chavs thank fuck.

The one bit of good news tonight was Ozil picked up another £350k for not playing a second.He has started one out of the last 6 games. His contra :ct is £18m a year :censored:
Fantastic analysis there Jamie. :lol: :barscarf:

The one player we needed out there last night that can actually you know open a defence with a pass to our striker that has no aerial ability and needs the ball into space a yard or two ahead of him is Ozil. But no Dick starts with 3 of the absolute worst midfielders in the PL instead.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Not really sure why BBC keep pushing this story about Alli being hit with a plastic bottle as top news. It’s their biggest front page story and they wouldn’t stop banging on about it last night. Apparently Pochettino commented that in other countries we would be playing games behind closed doors after that :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I have to say I am fast losing respect for Dick. Every game now we’re seeing poor team selection, even allowing for injuries. Iwobi, MickyT, Xhaka and Kos should never play for us again but at least three of them will play against Burnley....and we’ll see subs at half time again. Dick isn’t learning anything, as Wonga didn’t. I’m not sure where we're going Tbh, but it certainly won’t be top 4. Depressing stuff.
Last edited by TeeCee on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

markyp

Post by markyp »

looked like quite a gulf in class last night,spurs won without breaking sweat,it seemed like they just sat tight and waited for our shambles of a defence to go to sleep which the duly did.where was the passion of a fortnight ago?? since our derby win our players have looked shattered,dicks running the into the ground,agian without ozil we create nothing or very little and any good possession is squandered,i don't care if he doesnt run about or tackle he isn't there for that!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

markyp wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:12 am
looked like quite a gulf in class last night,spurs won without breaking sweat,it seemed like they just sat tight and waited for our shambles of a defence to go to sleep which the duly did.where was the passion of a fortnight ago?? since our derby win our players have looked shattered,dicks running the into the ground,agian without ozil we create nothing or very little and any good possession is squandered,i don't care if he doesnt run about or tackle he isn't there for that!!!!
Wasting your breath mate. We have people on here making statements like "we have to get rid of Ozil asap" after watching the 3 worst pieces of shit we have in midfield last night. :oops:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
I have to say I am fast losing respect for Dick. Every game now we’re seeing poor team selection, even allowing for injuries. Iwobi, MickyT, Xhaka and Kos should never play for us again but at least three of them will play against Burnley....and we’ll see subs at half time again. Dick isn’t learning anything, as Wonga didn’t. I’m not sure where we're going Tbh, but it certainly won’t be top 4. Depressing stuff.
I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm losing respect for him yet but I am very worried that he might prove to be as stupidly stubborn as Wenger was. His team selections have ranged from bizarre to absolute stupidity at times.

The next two transfer windows might be the most important in a decade for us.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

markyp wrote:
In fairness, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes when it comes to Ozil. When Wenger was there, Ozil was allowed rip the piss to embarrassing levels, and maybe the falling out between the two is down to Emery not granting Ozil, his winter break. On the flipside, if it is a case that Emery is simply dropping him, then that is extremely shitty management.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

markyp wrote:
Think that’s a bit generous on them. Granted last -4 minutes we never looked like scoring, but apart from that they created 3 chances and we created far more. They just carved out better chances because they have some creativity unlike our side last night, and unlike that useless fuck Mkhitaryan who missed the easiest of the game they took them superbly and we missed all of ours.

We were poor but any one of those chances goes in at 0-0 and that spurs side would probably have crumbled as usual. That’s not excusing the performance but the only gulf in class was that when they got in the final third, 3 times they managed to cut our shit defence apart whereas we only did that once.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 pm
Have an awful feeling we are gonna struggle to create chances for Boomerang without Ozil and with Mickey Tarragon, the Welsh Messi-Lite, and Comedy Iwobi on there..... :|
:banghead: :suicide:

:rubchin:

Might change my username to "Nostrodamus".

"Nostrodamus The Cùnt" really has a certain ring to it.... 8)