Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

Post by StuartL »

Stadium delayed again apparently not going to be ready at all this season as they have applied for permission to use Wembley.

What on earth will happen if they get through to the FA cup final and the obvious advantage of playing at home ?

:wailer: :wailer: laughing at your own joke is wrong isn’t it ?

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I take it that the joke is Spuds getting to a final? 8)

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:56 pm
I take it that the joke is Spuds getting to a final? 8)
Yes, mate
Maybe using the word joke was pushing the boundaries a bit far ?

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I really want Poch to leave and thier form nose dive before they get that stadium built and see it empty, 8)

it's funny because although they have a decent team, the one chance they had they blew in the year the foxes won it, and now they have a ManCity team that is not going to get beat for a while :lol:

When is the next year that ends in a one 2021 ... 2031 ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:53 pm
I really want Poch to leave and thier form nose dive before they get that stadium built and see it empty, 8)

it's funny because although they have a decent team, the one chance they had they blew in the year the foxes won it, and now they have a ManCity team that is not going to get beat for a while :lol:

When is the next year that ends in a one 2021 ... 2031 ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are probably the 3rd best team right now - a fair way behind Man City and Liverpool, so they are not getting anywhere close to a title in the near future.
Can’t for the life of me work out why Kane, Alli (and possibly Eriksen to follow )have signed new contracts which ensures them being also rans each year on far lower money than they could get elsewhere.
Still think Kane will end up at Man Utd like Sherringham and Berbatov if they can offload Alexis and Lakkaku.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:04 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:

They are probably the 4th best team right now - a fair way behind Man City and Liverpool and Arsenal, :wink: so they are not getting anywhere close to a title in the near future.
Can’t for the life of me work out why Kane, Alli (and possibly Eriksen to follow )have signed new contracts which ensures them being also rans each year on far lower money than they could get elsewhere.
Still think Kane will end up at Man Utd like Sherringham and Berbatov if they can offload Alexis and Lakkaku.
Yeah i think Kane will end up at Manure can't see him as pep type player as he don't have pace.

StuartL

Post by StuartL »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:57 pm
StuartL wrote:
AkneyGooner wrote:

They are probably the 4th best team right now - a fair way behind Man City and Liverpool and Arsenal, :wink: so they are not getting anywhere close to a title in the near future.
Yeah i think Kane will end up at Manure can't see him as pep type player as he don't have pace.
:lol: thanks for correcting my error mate, bloody iPad :roll: :roll:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Should we put out a first team for this ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Another beasting of the vagrants please. 8)

Hammering their homeless vaginas 5-0 would be nice. :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

AkneyGooner wrote:Should we put out a first team for this ?
Of fucking course we should. It's the Scum, it's a quarter final. Personally would make changes for Burnley. I that goes tits up it's only a standard league game which unless we're fighting for the title would always come behind a cup match against the swamp dwellers for me.

Going to this and I don't want to see a repeat of my last game in this competition. A very tame defeat to Southampton with a bunch of pubbers a couple of years ago. Certainly don't want to see it against them.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:30 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:Should we put out a first team for this ?
Of fucking course we should. It's the Scum, it's a quarter final. Personally would make changes for Burnley. I that goes tits up it's only a standard league game which unless we're fighting for the title would always come behind a cup match against the swamp dwellers for me.

Going to this and I don't want to see a repeat of my last game in this competition. A very tame defeat to Southampton with a bunch of pubbers a couple of years ago. Certainly don't want to see it against them.
Amen. Beating the scum in a cup quarter final has to be prioritised over a league game in a league we can't win this season.

A nice Europa / Carabao cup double in Dick's first season would be fucking phenomenal particularly if the scum's much mooted "golden generation" were to win fuck all. I mean since they've had this team that is supposedly "superior in every area" to The Arsenal we've won 3 FA Cups and they've won fucking nothing. :lol:

If we win even one of those trophies and the scum win nothing then Levi will do what Levi does and Poxychinos will be gone in the summer followed swiftly by Fat Tongue, Diving ^^ Stupid Eyebrows, and Eriksen. :lol:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Agreed :lol:

Do you think they will play thier first XI

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm
Agreed :lol:

Do you think they will play thier first XI
I think so. Poxychinos for all his "elite coach" :coffeespit: meejia status knows he has to deliver a trophy and the Carabao cup is the only one they have any possible tiny chance of winning. If he has even one functioning brain cell he'll put out his strongest side.

Speaking of his "elite coach" :coffeespit: status one of the mouser tossers in work was singing his praises the other day calling him "another Klopp". I had to laugh out loud and replied "well yeah he hasn't won a major trophy either".

So typical of the modern game and modern sheep JCL media-dictated "fan" that these two perennial bottlers are considered "elite". :oops: :roll:

As I also said to the mouser clown "elite coaches win major trophies".

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Absoluutely we should play our strongest team 8) no it's no buts.
They play sat then us on weds then sun.
We play sun then weds then sat at 1230. 3 games in 6days, opposed to them playing 3 in 8days..can you imagine the hullabaloo le fartpipe wouldve made of this :oops: emery won't even mention it though 8)

Cannon

Post by Cannon »

StuartL wrote:
AkneyGooner wrote:

They are probably the 3rd best team right now - a fair way behind Man City and Liverpool, so they are not getting anywhere close to a title in the near future.

One word: Pochettino.

Pretty much all of their players have said they are there because they believe in him and enjoy working under him. They're developing and like his vision. Once he goes a few of them will leave and they'll roll down the table back into mediocrity :D