Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
clockender1

Re: Carabao Cup thread - Next up, the scum.

Post by clockender1 »

Following the loss today he had to play the strongest squad - hopefully Dick understands the psychological importance of not only winning this but thrashing them to throw their league campaign off again.

No excuses, we have to win this one.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm
Following the loss today he had to play the strongest squad - hopefully Dick understands the psychological importance of not only winning this but thrashing them to throw their league campaign off again.

Beaten them has thrown our "league campaign" off, not theirs. They have won all their games since we thumped them, including qualifying for the KO stage of CL. We, on the other hand, have picked up 4 points out of a possible 9.

We need to target the Europa and this cup, we aren't going to win the league, even top 4 seems damn near impossible tbh.

shu

Post by shu »

From what I can see one of the weak links today was ex Wenger Kos !!!! The sooner the weak links are kicked out the better . It is no good buying cheap replacements , compare this week Leno to Allison !!!

augie

Post by augie »

shu wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:08 pm
From what I can see one of the weak links today was ex Wenger Kos !!!! The sooner the weak links are kicked out the better . It is no good buying cheap replacements , compare this week Leno to Allison !!!

Apparently you get what you pay for - after yesterday's banter moment, I am assuming the victims got aalison in a christmas cracker :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 am
Absoluutely we should play our strongest team 8) no it's no buts.
They play sat then us on weds then sun.
We play sun then weds then sat at 1230. 3 games in 6days, opposed to them playing 3 in 8days..can you imagine the hullabaloo le fartpipe wouldve made of this :oops: emery won't even mention it though 8)
the scheduling is ridiculous though.
it is accepted that over the Christmas period there are always a lot of games, but this used to be between Boxing Day and New Years Day.

now because of the stupid International Breaks teams are playing twice a week all December!
it is ridiculously unbalanced.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 pm
clockender1 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Beaten them has thrown our "league campaign" off, not theirs. They have won all their games since we thumped them, including qualifying for the KO stage of CL. We, on the other hand, have picked up 4 points out of a possible 9.

We need to target the Europa and this cup, we aren't going to win the league, even top 4 seems damn near impossible tbh.
I've said this on another thread but this is something Emery must seriously start to consider come February. I would take finishing fifth or worse right now if it meant winning the Europa League.

augie

Post by augie »

Personally I dont agree that top 4 is impossible - sunday's game was a set back and how we respond to it will be key, but I think it will be a straight battle between us and the chavs for 4th and I still believe that they aint all that. What I will also say though is that they will make real efforts to address their weaknesses in the january transfer window, and the success or failure of those purchases will have a huge bearing on whether we can get 4th or not - we know that we wont spend the type of cash needed to propel us up to the top level, so maybe we are dependent on their recruitements not working out, as much as anything we intend doing ourselves.

I really wish we hadnt drawn these crunts in this competition - I have never been a big fan of the "aim for top 4" mentality cos I always feel that a club of our stature should have loftier ambitions. This season however, getting top 4 would be huge for dick and the new regime, and especially when you consider the clusterfuck he took over. We are in the middle of a nightmare re defensive options, and right now I am not sure if playing some of them tomorrow night is the wise thing to do

GTG

Post by GTG »

Its a tough one because they've got the extra days rest after this game, playing on Sunday so thats probably enough to convince Poxytino to play his strongest team.

The last thing we need is a hammering to them following on from Sunday but its also a risk playing some of our defenders in this and risking injury because Koscienly is nowhere near ready.

Can't bear the thought of losing this one though :banghead:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I think we'll beat them again as the team seem up for the big games, shame they're not up for the lesser teams.

I still think we'll come 6th.

I see someone is covering all the bases with their prediction as usual just in case they're wrong, my guess is either Wenger or moaninho has infiltrated the forum :roll: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's simply not acceptable to lose to these homeless cùnts. :censored:

I think we will win a tight game 2-1.

Hoping Fat Dier gets a career ending injury too. That would be fucking awesome. :D 8)

"Torriera do your job! Torriera Torriera do your job!"

:barscarf: :box: :barscarf:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

So Mancs start waving cheques at Levy & Lewis, how long will it take before Poch & Kane are moving up north? :rubchin:

Cost of the new stadium must be a factor on holding on to their important players & manager? :shock: Plus they've always given in to Manc cash in the past! :mrgreen:

Fécking homeless Swamp dwelling tramps! :cussing:

Herd

Post by Herd »

The God forbids have been very noisy about this one threatening a Cologne-like invasion .
I am being pestered to come out and play but have no intention of running round the strasse arms wide open going EIE !
Might sneak down for a cheeky pint or 10 with some like minded grandads !
Oh how times have changed !

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm

lol. if we were still at Highbury, you'd have graduated to the West Upper where the old geezers used to smoke Senior Service in their flat caps and piss and moan regardless of the result :lol:

it was like a blue fog up there.

I was quite looking forward to it in a way.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

clockender1 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:36 pm
Herd wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:44 pm

lol. if we were still at Highbury, you'd have graduated to the West Upper where the old geezers used to smoke Senior Service in their flat caps and piss and moan regardless of the result :lol:

it was like a blue fog up there.

I was quite looking forward to it in a way.
I'm getting quite emotional - this may go to penalties. Lorries is better than chec so they win !! The way we played against Uddersfield & Saints we may as well play a reserve team. They couldn't play much worst. Hope I'm wrong as I hate Scum.:barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Citeh through on pens,cant see past them now :cry: They will do anyone over 2legs in the semis they will most probably go on and win it now.Burton through in the other semi.