Aubameyang vs Lacazette

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who's better

Aubameyang
86%
Lacazette
14%

Total votes: 7

TeeCee

Re: Aubameyang vs Lacazette

Post by TeeCee »

We have no width, no 'natural' wide players so our full backs are always pushed up and get caught out of position really often. I would play Torriera and Doozy in front of the back four, Welbeck and Iwobi on either flank (I think these two are the best suited to wing play and both track back), Ozil in a proper central no.10 role with PEA up front. Tell the full backs not to go over the halfway line hardly......then we'll be a lot tougher to beat!! :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Not sure why we are comparing them. Its not like for like. They are very different types of player. Tbh even though they do score a lot of goals I never really feel convinced by either of them. They are not elite level strikers that will hit that 20+ PL goals a season target every season. Not yet anyway.

Boomerang often looks a yard off the pace mentally and often drifts right out of games and Lacazette who has a few wonder strikes in his bag can miss the easiest of chances.

But then they are both coming out of the ass end of the Wenger years where actual coaching and tactics and strategy were non existent so I'm positive we are yet to see the best of both of them and quietly confident that Dick will get that out of them.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 pm
JimmyAFC wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am
Both need to play upfront together.

I don't understand anymore why managers don't play two strikers up-top.

There's no reason why Ozil can't play as a CAM in behind Lacazette and Aubameyang and feed them through balls all game.

With their pace, movement and finishing they could be deadly together.

I would love to see Ozil or Iwobi (not that I rate him that highly) in behind both strikers.

Would bring fear to every side to see those two blokes up-top causing havoc in behind the defence.

I would hate to see Aubameyang wasted on a flank and ruined like Wenger has done a lot of strikers...

Nail on the head buddy (except the suggestion about playing iwobi :wink: )
This, although in fairness to Iwobi he's knuckled down and looks more like the player who broke into the team a few years back.

They both should start, but Auba shouldn't be sacrificed by putting him on the wing. It's ridiculous to expect him to cover for bellend when he goes walkies, as he does in most games.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 am
Not sure why we are comparing them. Its not like for like. They are very different types of player. Tbh even though they do score a lot of goals I never really feel convinced by either of them. They are not elite level strikers that will hit that 20+ PL goals a season target every season. Not yet anyway.

Boomerang often looks a yard off the pace mentally and often drifts right out of games and Lacazette who has a few wonder strikes in his bag can miss the easiest of chances.

But then they are both coming out of the ass end of the Wenger years where actual coaching and tactics and strategy were non existent so I'm positive we are yet to see the best of both of them and quietly confident that Dick will get that out of them.
I think Boomerang has more in his locker than Lacazette, Boomerang can look Henry like at times :oops: , but how do we get that out of him more often, probably not by playing him wide.

both of them need a more consistent first touch as well. Anyone can miss a chance, but to miss a chance to have a chance because you can't control the ball pisses me off.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:55 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:07 am

I think Boomerang has more in his locker than Lacazette, Boomerang can look Henry like at times :oops: , but how do we get that out of him more often, probably not by playing him wide.

both of them need a more consistent first touch as well. Anyone can miss a chance, but to miss a chance to have a chance because you can't control the ball pisses me off.
Agree with all that.

And at least neither of them have as bad a first touch as Welwide. Fuck me he has one of the worst first touches I've ever seen in a professional player. The phrase "first touch of a blind rapist" was created for Welwide. :wink: