Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

1-4 to The Arse.

Boomerang hatrick.

:barscarf:

Re: Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

Post by 1989 »

Just wanna see Laca and Auba together upfront in a 4-4-2. They would be too much for Fulham.

Looking forward to Leno's first PL start hopefully with Sokratis and Holding and no Mustafi in front of him.

Mitrovic is a threat for them.

0-3.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

1989 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:09 am
Just wanna see Laca and Auba together upfront in a 4-4-2. They would be too much for Fulham.

Looking forward to Leno's first PL start hopefully with Sokratis and Holding and no Mustafi in front of him.

Mitrovic is a threat for them.

0-3.
If Mustafi plays then their mascot will be a threat for them. :|

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:46 am
1-4 to The Arse.

Boomerang hatrick.

:barscarf:
That prediction will come back to haunt you :wink:

Boomerangs

Frisbees for ginger people

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

we are going to be tired after the flights. BBC say PEA did not travel as is ill ?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Hmmm i wonder how this will go :rubchin:
I think perhaps they will be shite...we will be shite....game will be shite..... :barscarf:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We seem to be on a roll at the minute, Emery also seems to carry a bit of luck, as we have been very poor at the back, yet the winning run goes on. This could be down to lack of quality in the opposition as much as anything else.
Anyway, don’t see any reason why we can’t get away with it again against a struggling Fulham side.
The lack of organisation in defence however needs to be addressed and the tinkering with the back 4 doesn’t seem to be making much difference.
Failure to sort this out is going to see us 3 or 4 goals down by half time when we play quality opponents.
Might not be a coincidence that the only area of the team that hasn’t improved is that which Steve Bould is presumably playing a major role :rubchin:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Hopefully Sokratis will put Mitrovic back in his box and those Gooners with the 3.5 billion credits necessary to get a ticket will go home happy.

Looking forward to It. Haven’t felt like that last few years.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

2-0 win

Leno Man of the Match

Goals: Iwobi and Lacazette 8)

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

we're due a shit result

sorry to piss on everyone's bonfires, we've sort of ridden our luck in league, the pessimist in me says it'll come to an end soon :(

having said that, we've got the talent on the pitch to piss this one 5-0

UNAI EMERY'S REDANDWHITE ARMY :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

3-1.

Nacho, Iwobi and Laca,

Post by 1989 »

----------------------Leno
Bellers---Sokratis----Holding----Nacho
----------Torreira---------Xhaka
Iwobi---------------Özil----------Aubameyang
-------------------Lacazette

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Since the first 2 games we havn't really played a decent team. We've had luck along the way, not played very well & still got the results. I think our luck may end on this one. I don't think we are as good as many think up front. I'd say a 2-2 draw with our keeper MOM. Also please leave Ozil on the bench. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:09 pm
We seem to be on a roll at the minute, Emery also seems to carry a bit of luck, as we have been very poor at the back, yet the winning run goes on. This could be down to lack of quality in the opposition as much as anything else.
Anyway, don’t see any reason why we can’t get away with it again against a struggling Fulham side.
The lack of organisation in defence however needs to be addressed and the tinkering with the back 4 doesn’t seem to be making much difference.
Failure to sort this out is going to see us 3 or 4 goals down by half time when we play quality opponents.
Might not be a coincidence that the only area of the team that hasn’t improved is that which Steve Bould is presumably playing a major role :rubchin:

A struggling fulham side that are FAR better than they are showing - I watched them in the championship final last season and they were a really good team then, and they have bought well in the summer (although they probably bought too many players) so they should be competitive this season. In the past this would have all the ingrediants of yet another AFC balls up - a team struggling for form, fighting down at the bottom of the league and desperate for a win, when the mighty AFC roll into town handing out pressies to everyone :roll:

Have to be honest and say that mitrovic worries me - he may well be a crazy b..stard, but he is an old school goal poacher and they are a rarity in modern day football. I am all up for dick wanting to keep the winning run going, but I do wonder if bringing so many first team players to that game thursday night was wise. This game will imo be a big test for leno - a tight pitch will mean plenty of crosses and physical challenges on him, and he will need to be prepared for that. For that very same reason, this is a game where I would start liechsteiner ahead of bellend - I think that his experience and die hard defensive mentality would be more suited to playing fulham away, where as bellend's forwards runs would make him a better choice against fulham at home.

A close battle which could see a narrow victory, a draw, or a narrow defeat (I like to cover all possibilities :wink: ), but I think that it will finish 1-1

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Judging by what i've seen from us in the opening 7 league games, it's impossible to make a proper prediction, other than Fulham will definitely get chances against us, but i'm still hoping we are good enough at the other end, to scrape out a win. On a side note, it's beyond irritating when certain sections of our fan-base proclaim someone as world class, whenever a player does anything positive, which many seem to be doing when it comes to Lacazette. He has 2 goals in seven games, and will probably finish with a similar record as Giroud usually did for us, at the end of the season.