Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:56 pm
I did a sex piss in my undies after the Ramsey goal.
After is OK,before it and then you've got a problem :lol: :lol: :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Unfortunately I didn't see the game today so looking forward very much to catching the highlights later on.

Just reading through this thread and seeing all the positive things people have written and saying that they're starting to enjoy watching us again gives me great pleasure.
Well done Arsenal and well done Mr Emery. :barscarf:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Didn't see the game but the chap on 5 Live said the Fulham goal was a good goal and not a mistake from an Arsenal player,I cant remember the last goal we conceded a goal where someone in an Arsenal shirt wasn't culpable,I think Mr Emry is finally getting the team on the pitch he wanted,Leno sounds like he's been decent,and Torriera is what we've been crying out for since big Paddy,long may it continue

markyp

Post by markyp »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm
Didn't see the game but the chap on 5 Live said the Fulham goal was a good goal and not a mistake from an Arsenal player,I cant remember the last goal we conceded a goal where someone in an Arsenal shirt wasn't culpable,I think Mr Emry is finally getting the team on the pitch he wanted,Leno sounds like he's been decent,and Torriera is what we've been crying out for since big Paddy,long may it continue
it was monreals fault,he played a really sloppy ball to a Fulham player then didn't get back in to cover the runner

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

It was definitely an error Montreal have the ball away which led directly to the goal . Like other today is the first time I have felt excited and passionate about arsenal again for many years . Great progress this year glad the crowd picked up on my Torreira song idea 😎 had to be the Vieira one . Proud to be a gunner again I have a feeling we may finish above spurs and Utd this year but keep Leno in we look more composed and thought Mustafi (who I can’t stand)was much better today maybe balance is better with Holding who I am a fan of ?
Finally I think we should give Iwobi a break he has definitely shown signs of improvement this year and should at least give him until the end of the season with proper coaching . Xhaka however can do one .

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:02 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:49 pm
it was monreals fault,he played a really sloppy ball to a Fulham player then didn't get back in to cover the runner
So the bloke on 5 Live lied,he didn't mention that fact,luckily I don't have to pay a stealth tax or anything to listen to that radio station then.....oh wait........ :oops: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Yeah it was a good goal from Fulham but poor decision from Monreal to try and pass it infield when under pressure rather than just walloping it down the line.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:56 pm
I did a sex piss in my undies after the Ramsey goal.
sex-piss :lol:

nice to see that long range strike from PEA go in too - corners, free kicks, shots on the edge of the box etc; all those "low percentage plays" as that thieving git of an ex-manager used to say are certainly flying in this year.

maybe that's because we practise them now ? duh.

Post by 1989 »

Imagine where we could be now had we done the obvious and sacked Le Fraud years ago.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

7th October 2018 - the day I watched an Arsenal match that I enjoyed from start to finish and didn't once resort to swearing at the TV or calling anyone a c+++

Thanks Mr Emery for that pleasure - it has been longer than I can remember since the last time

In any of the past 10 seasons at 1-1 having conceded just before half time, we'd have seen a bunch of snowflakes crumble in the second half and lose the game, whilst the "manager" concerned would spend those 45 minutes either with oustretched arms berating the fourth official or fiddling with his coat sat next to cardboard cutout Bouldy

Instead we've got a keeper who can pass the ball and isn't a geriatric fart. A young centre half who isn't a coward. Full backs actually defending. A proper CDM who was outstanding again and strikers looking like they're born again

Not about to make wild predictions but considering Emery inherited a bunch of tarts from Shit for Brains he is beginning to stick one firmly on all of those 'Be Careful What You Wish For' c++++. Cheers Unai

Post by 1989 »

Iwobi and Holding were going nowhere under Le Fraud, now looking like the top talents we knew they were under Dick.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

1989 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:45 pm
Imagine where we could be now had we done the obvious and sacked Le Fraud years ago.
Said the exact same thing to one of Wenger’s chief deciples today and got told I was bitter :lol:

Agreed with him and said I’ll always be bitter that people like him enabled Le Fuckwit for years doing untold damage to the club.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Can’t remember enjoying a bog standard league game like today.

Everybody worked very hard throughout. We still give away too many chances but we were better defensively and at no point were we at sixes and sevens or bullied by Mitrovic as we would have been over the last few years. Torreira was superb. We won the ball back, moved it quickly and if we were 10% better with the final ball would have been out of sight in the first half. After being pegged back right on half time we were galvanised rather than panicked. And two strikers who both look capable of scoring out of nothing.

We will be a way off winning the title this year but we are already a massively better side. When you look at how good Torreira looks along with Guendouzi (considering money/age) and Leno it excites me thinking what we will look like after a few transfer windows.

Was proud to watch us today and that isn’t something I’ve felt for a fucking long time.

Post by 1989 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm
Can’t remember enjoying a bog standard league game like today.

Everybody worked very hard throughout. We still give away too many chances but we were better defensively and at no point were we at sixes and sevens or bullied by Mitrovic as we would have been over the last few years. Torreira was superb. We won the ball back, moved it quickly and if we were 10% better with the final ball would have been out of sight in the first half. After being pegged back right on half time we were galvanised rather than panicked. And two strikers who both look capable of scoring out of nothing.

We will be a way off winning the title this year but we are already a massively better side. When you look at how good Torreira looks along with Guendouzi (considering money/age) and Leno it excites me thinking what we will look like after a few transfer windows.

Was proud to watch us today and that isn’t something I’ve felt for a fucking long time.
Our best CB didn't even feature today as well.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Agreed I think Sokratis has been very good since signing.

NO FUCKING NONSENSE.