Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

Post by GoonerMuzz »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:07 pm
7th October 2018 - the day I watched an Arsenal match that I enjoyed from start to finish and didn't once resort to swearing at the TV or calling anyone a c+++

Thanks Mr Emery for that pleasure - it has been longer than I can remember since the last time

In any of the past 10 seasons at 1-1 having conceded just before half time, we'd have seen a bunch of snowflakes crumble in the second half and lose the game, whilst the "manager" concerned would spend those 45 minutes either with oustretched arms berating the fourth official or fiddling with his coat sat next to cardboard cutout Bouldy

Instead we've got a keeper who can pass the ball and isn't a geriatric fart. A young centre half who isn't a coward. Full backs actually defending. A proper CDM who was outstanding again and strikers looking like they're born again

Not about to make wild predictions but considering Emery inherited a bunch of tarts from Shit for Brains he is beginning to stick one firmly on all of those 'Be Careful What You Wish For' c++++. Cheers Unai
Hmm I wonder if the fourth officials are enjoying him not being around as much as we are? :rubchin:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lacazette brilliant. I know 4 goals in 8 games doesnt exactly scream on fire. But 3 of his goals have been stunners that really counted. The brilliant winner at Cardiff, the brilliant strike to go 1-0 against Everton, and now this brilliant goal to restore the lead he has given us earlier.

Its one thing for strikers to score goals, but how often do they count? PEA also has 4 goals in 8 games, but they have often been just adding the cream, such as scoring the 4th and 5th today.

But Lacazette goals are making the difference, and they are not just tap ins or finishing a one on one with the keeper, they are stunners. He really is a player reborn under Emery.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

Wilson wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:38 am
Lacazette brilliant. I know 4 goals in 8 games doesnt exactly scream on fire. But 3 of his goals have been stunners that really counted. The brilliant winner at Cardiff, the brilliant strike to go 1-0 against Everton, and now this brilliant goal to restore the lead he has given us earlier.

Its one thing for strikers to score goals, but how often do they count? PEA also has 4 goals in 8 games, but they have often been just adding the cream, such as scoring the 4th and 5th today.

But Lacazette goals are making the difference, and they are not just tap ins or finishing a one on one with the keeper, they are stunners. He really is a player reborn under Emery.
What really shitted me with the fraud last season was his lack of respect and treatment of Lacazette.

Subbing him off every 60 minutes, giving him no confidence, you could tell Lacazette couldn't stand the *word censored*...

Look at him under Emery. Work rate, clinical, holding up play and scoring absolute pearlers.

It makes me sick thinking how many players Wenger ruined. Fucking disgraceful he was.

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Great performance yesterday, Lacazette netted me £500 from Betfred just to cap the result.

Ramsey’s goal was sublime, I couldn’t help noticing that he looked disinterested though on the bench when Laca scored. If he had consistently produced quality like this down the years, I don’t think his wage demands would have been an issue. I am also pleased holding is starting, I always thought with the right coaching he is a solid defender who should be pushing for an England place.

Still good weekend overall for us, by the time we have played Pool early November we will have some idea if top 4 is realistic this season.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Someone mentioned Keown earlier and two things he said irked me yesterday.

Firstly after Ramsey's brilliant team goal he (and the commentators) said that Ramsey's celebration was him saying "you see - that's what you get with me". Which totally ignores the fact that Ramsey tries the flick and backheel shit all the time in every game and 90% of the time just loses possession. Typical shit pundits and commentators just ignore the main issue because someone waved the shiny shiny in their face. :roll:

Secondly when talking about Boomerang and Lacazette he could not help himself and started singing Wenger's praises for "all his hard work in bringing them to the club" totally ignoring the fact that both were underperforming under Wenger and that Lacazette wanted to leave because he was treated so shit by Wenger. Both strikers look much much better this season and that is down to Dick not Wenger. :roll:

Keown was a great player for us, a true fighter and a warrior, but as a pundit he is a dickhead.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am

Firstly after Ramsey's brilliant team goal he (and the commentators) said that Ramsey's celebration was him saying "you see - that's what you get with me". Which totally ignores the fact that Ramsey tries the flick and backheel shit all the time in every game and 90% of the time just loses possession. Typical shit pundits and commentators just ignore the main issue because someone waved the shiny shiny in their face. :roll:

Secondly when talking about Boomerang and Lacazette he could not help himself and started singing Wenger's praises for "all his hard work in bringing them to the club" totally ignoring the fact that both were underperforming under Wenger and that Lacazette wanted to leave because he was treated so shit by Wenger. Both strikers look much much better this season and that is down to Dick not Wenger. :roll:

Keown was a great player for us, a true fighter and a warrior, but as a pundit he is a dickhead.

You are being kind to him by calling him a dickhead - he was the spare wheel (back-up) to a brilliant AFC defence, and it is criminal that he seems to be included in that group, and it is even worse that he is referred to as a legend just for jumping up on the back of that horsefaced dutch c.unt :oops:He continues to show that his loyalty is to wenker fc and not The Arsenal, and the neanderthal c.unt shouldnt be let near any tv channel, and especially before the watershed tiime in case of his face frightening the kids :wink: :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Not going to tempt fate, but we are going in the right direction and players actually have a smile on their face...
Well done Mr Manager, when was the last time I said that?.... :rubchin:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wenger had nothing to do with the Aubameyang signing, diamond eyes was 100% behind that backed by Ivan.

In fact that whole transfer was a power play behind the scenes where Ivan shifted the power away from the manager.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Keown’s negativity these past few weeks has been absolutely shameful, and I honestly don’t think he should be allowed back in the club (in any capacity).

He was doing punditry BT before the Qarabag game, and he spent a good 20 minutes slagging off Arsenal, saying how our defence is awful, and that the seven wins in a row didn’t really mean much because we hadn’t beaten anyone of note, and that we could have been 2-0 or 3-0 down in several of those games. And yet he wouldn’t dare whisper a single criticism against Wenger during even his worst moments, and still finds an excuse to mention his name whenever possible. Anytime Lacazette or PEA score, he gives all credit to Wenger for being the one who signed them.

I tried avoiding him before the Fulham game (again on BT), but the guy’s an utter disgrace. He said that Mkhitaryan, “Is a really great player... under Wenger”, which is unbelievable. Not only is this a load of bollocks, he’s having a jab at Emery and insinuating that he’s made him worse, when this is obviously not true.

Keown looked absolutely gutted at the result, and was still reluctant to give any credit even after nine wins. He also completely missed the point of the “We’ve got our Arsenal back” chants. He’s having to eat the biggest slice of humble pie imaginable after years of his “Be careful what you wish for” bullshit, yet he’s standing his ground, which is making him come across like an even bigger tosser. I’m really at the point where I never want to see him or hear from him ever again, and I don’t want him to be the “expert” that TV channels choose as he’s not fit to speak on behalf of the club. I don't want him associated with us at all. DB10 said he’s a dickhead “as a pundit”, but he’s a dickhead as a human being first and foremost.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Of course the Wenger brigade are going to push back against the idea we have improved tenfold post Wenger. It was obvious Wenger was the issue yet so many were not willing to entertain the idea Wenger was the cause of blame.

I enjoy seeing Emery on the touchline, he is invested in the game yet he doesnt posses any negative energy. Contrast to Wenger who looked like a nervous wreck, and would flap his arms about whenever something went wrong. He was such a drag on moral on the players and fans. He categorically was the reason why Arsenal were sliding and now its become obvious those who wanted Wenger out were right. Dont even call it a difference of opinion. Keown, Ty from AFTV, Pires, Henry, John Cross, were wrong, end of story. And they ere wrong for years. I would go as far to say Wenger should have left 4-5 years prior to when he did. The last two seasons in particular were unreal in terms of stress and dismay.

GTG

Post by GTG »

Thats the most i've enjoyed an Arsenal match in years and ironically the most sober ive ever been at a game with the early kick off. The away end was absolutely rocking and even when we went 1-0 down there was barely any moaning because you could see the team was working hard. That was epitomised by Lacazette and Torriera constantly winning the ball back and showing quality when they got it.

Loved the old chants coming out and the we got our arsenal back a particular highlight.

I thought the team selection was absolutely spot on from Dick including the timing of his substitutions. Even though Iwobi started terribly Fulham were frightened of our width which they probably werent prepared for.

If we can show some progress now in terms of tightening things up at the back then ill be over the moon. Personally i'd like to see Ghendouzi come in for Xhaka and see how we go with 2 protecting that back 4. Other than the brain farts Xhaka is doing well but I just wonder what the extra protection could bring.

Wellbeck gets a lot of critics and rightly so at times but he never stopped yesterday and hes useful to have as an option in my opinion.

Onwards and upwards.... im under no illusions we could well take a hammering from the bin dippers if we don't defend well but the way we're getting the job done and going on this run means we'll have a shout of 4th this year which is all we can ask for from Dick this season.

Unai Emery's red army!!!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:47 am
we're due a shit result

sorry to piss on everyone's bonfires, we've sort of ridden our luck in league, the pessimist in me says it'll come to an end soon :(

having said that, we've got the talent on the pitch to piss this one 5-0

UNAI EMERY'S REDANDWHITE ARMY :barscarf:
I...sort of called it? :shock: :-P

great day out, a boistrous away support, full of confidence that unai's men were going to do the job, particularly impressed with iwobi today, laca world class again :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am

Got to agree with you on this. That remark he made about Wenger bringing in the strikers irked me, as he seemed to try and undermine Emery's coaching. Wenger also brought in the defenders who played yesterday and Ozil, who he has consistently bitterly critical of. Didn't mention that though did he.
That's why I prefer Adams as a pundit because he may be a bit off the cuff, he doesn't tow any party line, or bow to fan pressure. Wrighty is similar but does play up to this image he has and social media.
Keown does take his job seriously, maybe too seriously and you can tell he was like that as a player. Maybe it's a CB thing. Rio, Hansen are the same. Too serious about defending.
Saying that he does love the club and maybe a bit bitter he wasn't involved in the coaching staff as much as he wanted to be. Seems to be a bit jealous of Bould's position at the club. Who I recall was bought to replace Keown when he left over £20 a week pay rise.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Although I'm trying not to get too carried away with the result. The vital thing about the result for me, is that we finally blew away a good but struggling premier league team in a way that we should. We've become so used to losing or struggling to beat teams like this in the past 5 years it's been embarrassing. Even Cardiff away this season we struggled but yesterday the team seemed to release the fear they've had in the past and play to their own level, and not that of their opponents.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am
Thats the most i've enjoyed an Arsenal match in years and ironically the most sober ive ever been at a game with the early kick off. The away end was absolutely rocking and even when we went 1-0 down there was barely any moaning
Are you sure you hadn't been on the sauce?!

:lol: