Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GTG

Re: Fulham Away 07/10 @12:00

Post by GTG »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:29 am
GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 am
Thats the most i've enjoyed an Arsenal match in years and ironically the most sober ive ever been at a game with the early kick off. The away end was absolutely rocking and even when we went 1-0 down there was barely any moaning
Are you sure you hadn't been on the sauce?!

:lol:
Ok there a few grumbles but mainly at Xhaka so they don't count :D :D

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Enjoyed the performance. They looked like they were really playing with confidence at the end. Can't see Fulham staying up. Still that would be a shame as I've many good memories of watching them from the Thames embankment when ever Arsenal were playing away. A long time ago !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am
VoiceOfReason wrote:
GTG wrote:
Thats the most i've enjoyed an Arsenal match in years and ironically the most sober ive ever been at a game with the early kick off. The away end was absolutely rocking and even when we went 1-0 down there was barely any moaning

No, I meant the fact that we took the lead, rather than going 1-0 down! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am
Someone mentioned Keown earlier and two things he said irked me yesterday.

Firstly after Ramsey's brilliant team goal he (and the commentators) said that Ramsey's celebration was him saying "you see - that's what you get with me". Which totally ignores the fact that Ramsey tries the flick and backheel shit all the time in every game and 90% of the time just loses possession. Typical shit pundits and commentators just ignore the main issue because someone waved the shiny shiny in their face. :roll:

Secondly when talking about Boomerang and Lacazette he could not help himself and started singing Wenger's praises for "all his hard work in bringing them to the club" totally ignoring the fact that both were underperforming under Wenger and that Lacazette wanted to leave because he was treated so shit by Wenger. Both strikers look much much better this season and that is down to Dick not Wenger. :roll:

Keown was a great player for us, a true fighter and a warrior, but as a pundit he is a dickhead.
1,000% Band On the Nail DB.

keown's comments (and few other Wengerite Luvvies) for me proves beyond all measure that they were wenger fans and not Arsenal FC Fans first and foremost which is what we are.

keown was slagged off time and time again on here by those of us who saw through his very thinly disguised defending of wenger - and those rare, rare occasions when he did murmur or suggest that it 'might' be time for wenger to step down - He would immediatley counter this with comments either on MOTD or in the papers - It seems like so many of those who wenger managed are almost afraid to tarnish the old fools reputation - But surely his reputation as a manager is Dead in the water - When only now are we all beginning to see the Absolute Fuckin' Mess he left the club in.

I still thhink wenger should be banned from making any comments on Arsenal FC or anything Arsenal related (manager, Players etc) for the next 10 years.

Keown is a cun.nt for enabling wenger to last as long as he did - and wenger is the BIGGEST cun.t of all - He 1,000% "Knew" what he was doing whilst still pocketing all the money - whilst we slipped further and further behind the pack.

If Emery manages to turn it all around in the next 3 - 4 seasons he will deserve a statue more than Wenger. (Ooooh! That's stir up the wengerites) :D

ps: FUCKOFF Wenger.

"THANK YOU Emery" :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:28 am
Someone mentioned Keown earlier and two things he said irked me yesterday.

Firstly after Ramsey's brilliant team goal he (and the commentators) said that Ramsey's celebration was him saying "you see - that's what you get with me". Which totally ignores the fact that Ramsey tries the flick and backheel shit all the time in every game and 90% of the time just loses possession. Typical shit pundits and commentators just ignore the main issue because someone waved the shiny shiny in their face. :roll:

Secondly when talking about Boomerang and Lacazette he could not help himself and started singing Wenger's praises for "all his hard work in bringing them to the club" totally ignoring the fact that both were underperforming under Wenger and that Lacazette wanted to leave because he was treated so shit by Wenger. Both strikers look much much better this season and that is down to Dick not Wenger. :roll:

Keown was a great player for us, a true fighter and a warrior, but as a pundit he is a dickhead.
Got to agree with you on this. That remark he made about Wenger bringing in the strikers irked me, as he seemed to try and undermine Emery's coaching. Wenger also brought in the defenders who played yesterday and Ozil, who he has consistently bitterly critical of. Didn't mention that though did he.
That's why I prefer Adams as a pundit because he may be a bit off the cuff, he doesn't tow any party line, or bow to fan pressure. Wrighty is similar but does play up to this image he has and social media.
Keown does take his job seriously, maybe too seriously and you can tell he was like that as a player. Maybe it's a CB thing. Rio, Hansen are the same. Too serious about defending.
Saying that he does love the club and maybe a bit bitter he wasn't involved in the coaching staff as much as he wanted to be. Seems to be a bit jealous of Bould's position at the club. Who I recall was bought to replace Keown when he left over £20 a week pay rise.

And who was it again that closed the door on him joining the coaching staff ? Yes it was the same gallic c.unt that he sucks the cock off every single time he is on tv :roll:

RobG

Post by RobG »

Great win. And...almost as satisfying ....I can get through to this forum for the first time since about July..... :rubchin: .....Good thing come to those who wait.... :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

RobG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:29 pm
Great win. And...almost as satisfying ....I can get through to this forum for the first time since about July..... :rubchin: .....Good thing come to those who wait.... :barscarf:
Take it you must have had a bit of a pop at Ozil back in July then :lol: :wink:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm
I'm usually a negative bastard :) but even i can't find a fault in that, it was a great performance. After we retook the lead, we didn't do anything crazy to give it away, and just counter-attacked with numbers when it was on. That Ramsey goal was something else, added to that a great performance from Lacazette and Aubameyang when he came on. Even at this early stage, it's safe to say that everyone calling for change has been more than vindicated, just buzzing. COYG :barscarf:

Good Post.

I think if we could land one more D.M. in January and another Centre-Half we might well be able too achieve 4th spot. It will be tough mind..

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Keown is a wanker - think it was probably me having the first moan on here!

He seemed blissfully unaware when enthusiastically agreeing that “we’ve got our Arsenal back” was a direct and obvious dig at Wenger. He then suggested (after realising that he had gone too far agreeing how we had improved this year) that the reason we struggled last year is because the fans created a negative atmosphere with anti-Wenger sentiment.

Wanker.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
GTG wrote:

:suffolk_chunky: :suffolk_chunky: I noticed that too.

Post by 1989 »

bergkamp10 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 pm
I'm usually a negative bastard :) but even i can't find a fault in that, it was a great performance. After we retook the lead, we didn't do anything crazy to give it away, and just counter-attacked with numbers when it was on. That Ramsey goal was something else, added to that a great performance from Lacazette and Aubameyang when he came on. Even at this early stage, it's safe to say that everyone calling for change has been more than vindicated, just buzzing. COYG :barscarf:

Good Post.

I think if we could land one more D.M. in January and another Centre-Half we might well be able too achieve 4th spot. It will be tough mind..

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Maitland-Niles is coming back soon, don't see the need for another DM.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Watched the highlights again with a big smile on my face!

Torriera immense, Welbeck and Iwobi hungry and hardworking, loving the rapport between Laca and PEA, won't moan too much about Monreal as he's one of our most consistant performers, Leno looking mobile and alert in his box, direct zippy, fast paced attacking.

Loved Lacazettes post match interview on MOTD2 last night "Everything is better..." :lol: 8) :barscarf:

We've got our Arsenal back...... :barscarf:

GTG

Post by GTG »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:42 am
GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am
VoiceOfReason wrote:
GTG wrote:

No, I meant the fact that we took the lead, rather than going 1-0 down! :barscarf:
Hahaha that was meant to be when it went 1-1..... fuck help me if I had been on the sauce. I'm a few pennies short sober. Always proof read :D

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:07 pm
7th October 2018 - the day I watched an Arsenal match that I enjoyed from start to finish and didn't once resort to swearing at the TV or calling anyone a c+++

Thanks Mr Emery for that pleasure - it has been longer than I can remember since the last time

In any of the past 10 seasons at 1-1 having conceded just before half time, we'd have seen a bunch of snowflakes crumble in the second half and lose the game, whilst the "manager" concerned would spend those 45 minutes either with oustretched arms berating the fourth official or fiddling with his coat sat next to cardboard cutout Bouldy

Instead we've got a keeper who can pass the ball and isn't a geriatric fart. A young centre half who isn't a coward. Full backs actually defending. A proper CDM who was outstanding again and strikers looking like they're born again

Not about to make wild predictions but considering Emery inherited a bunch of tarts from Shit for Brains he is beginning to stick one firmly on all of those 'Be Careful What You Wish For' c++++. Cheers Unai
Steve O, my Father and I said the same thing. My father was for Wenger staying as ling as he did, but he been's a supporter sine the 40's.
(He and his school friends use to Highbury on Saturday and WHL next following Saturday). They did that for five years non stop. My how things have changed.

Anyhow back on tread, I wished Wenger had left 7-8 years ago. Agree this 90 minutes has been a long time in the making.
There will be many lows for sure, but we are moving in the right direction.

:D :D :D :barscarf: :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Great result brilliant goals :barscarf: