Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by DB10GOONER »

Andrew wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:01 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:36 pm
augie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:36 am
Andrew wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:58 am
If you don't want to give the money to Stan there is an alternative - looks familiar for some reason...

https://www.englandrugbystore.com/store ... w-training

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Myself and DB10 and all the Irish Gooners are already placing our orders for that as we speak :wink: DB10's love of all things rugby means that he is buying one for all his family 8)
:lol:

I have my wife and kids conditioned so well in hatred of the homoerotic "sport" of Fat Bloke Rubbing that if I now went full homo and expressed a love for towel flicking they'd kick the fucking shit out of me. And rightly so too. :D

:wink:
But apart from that, you like it, don't you?
If by "like" you mean "wish that the entire shit sport, the players, and their arsehole fans all disappeared up Barrymore's shitter in a plastic bag" then yup you are on the money..... :D :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:04 am
Andrew wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Andrew wrote:
If you don't want to give the money to Stan there is an alternative - looks familiar for some reason...

Myself and DB10 and all the Irish Gooners are already placing our orders for that as we speak :wink: DB10's love of all things rugby means that he is buying one for all his family 8)

I have my wife and kids conditioned so well in hatred of the homoerotic "sport" of Fat Bloke Rubbing that if I now went full homo and expressed a love for towel flicking they'd kick the fucking shit out of me. And rightly so too. :D

If by "like" you mean "wish that the entire shit sport, the players, and their arsehole fans all disappeared up Barrymore's shitter in a plastic bag" then yup you are on the money..... :D :wink:
Thought so.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Why is it that I get the feeling that Andrew and DB "Know" each other Extremely well, as in 'Intimately' !??? :? :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm
Andrew wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Andrew wrote:

Why is it that I get the feeling that Andrew and DB "Know" each other Extremely well, as in 'Intimately' !??? :? :D :wink:
:shock: :lol:

Can you please leave me out of your wànk bank? :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Oi! You SLAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG! :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:22 pm
Oi! You SLAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG! :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So the kit can only be bought directly from Arsenal or Adidas on July 1st - it won't be released in high street stores until July 7th.

So they've 6 days as exclusive sellers to bag a ton of cash for Stanley. Interesting,

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:32 am
So the kit can only be bought directly from Arsenal or Adidas on July 1st - it won't be released in high street stores until July 7th.

So they've 6 days as exclusive sellers to bag a ton of cash for Stanley. Interesting,

B.astards :evil: :evil: :cussing: :cussing:

I guess Adidas will be getting my initial order then cos I told my kids that I wanted the new Arsenal home shirt for fathers day, and they are keen to get it asap 8)

Does anyone know if it will be available minus the sponsors name on it ? I seen a few clubs now sell the jersies without the sponsors name on them, and that would be more appealing to me anyway

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

augie wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:52 am
rodders999 wrote:

I guess Adidas will be getting my initial order then cos I told my kids that I wanted the new Arsenal home shirt for fathers day, and they are keen to get it asap 8)

Does anyone know if it will be available minus the sponsors name on it ? I seen a few clubs now sell the jersies without the sponsors name on them, and that would be more appealing to me anyway

I don't know for sure about the sponsors name on the shirt but good luck as I really don't fancy your chances of that in this day and age. Which clubs have you seen that offer that up - interesting as it goes against the whole grain of sponsorship and advertising.

Adidas are paying us £60M per year under the sponsorship deal so that is upfront regardless of actual shirt sales. From what I have read online about shirt sales the retailer gets about 35%, Adidas 25% and the boss of the little kid who makes the shirts gets 10% and the rest is VAT, distribution and any payment to the club (between 5 - 15% but will depend on the amount of the upfront sponsorship).

Bottom line - if you buy your shirt from a shop then the club only pick up about a fiver from the purchase BUT if you buy during the exclusive period then the 35% retailer cut will be going to the club so about half of the purchase price will go to the club :rubchin:

Looks like I won't be wearing the new top to Boreham Wood in a couple of weeks time(6 July).....but many of the usual suspects will :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:38 am
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

I don't know for sure about the sponsors name on the shirt but good luck as I really don't fancy your chances of that in this day and age. Which clubs have you seen that offer that up - interesting as it goes against the whole grain of sponsorship and advertising.

Adidas are paying us £60M per year under the sponsorship deal so that is upfront regardless of actual shirt sales. From what I have read online about shirt sales the retailer gets about 35%, Adidas 25% and the boss of the little kid who makes the shirts gets 10% and the rest is VAT, distribution and any payment to the club (between 5 - 15% but will depend on the amount of the upfront sponsorship).

Bottom line - if you buy your shirt from a shop then the club only pick up about a fiver from the purchase BUT if you buy during the exclusive period then the 35% retailer cut will be going to the club so about half of the purchase price will go to the club :rubchin:

Looks like I won't be wearing the new top to Boreham Wood in a couple of weeks time(6 July).....but many of the usual suspects will :roll:

Celtic for sure last season and this coming season, but I believe that the shammers are offering their jersies without the sponsor's name across the front - tbf, I think that sponsors are paying clubs for the tv and media coverage more than they are for you and me wearing their logo around the place, so I'm not sure how many fcuks they will give if their names are missing from the replicas

Edit - just found the shammers link and celtic links

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/06/ ... nsors.html

https://store.celticfc.net/celtic-mens- ... no-sponsor
Last edited by augie on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I think the only time a club are obliged to provide a sponsor- less version of a jersey is when there is a gambling or alcohol company on the shirt.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah Augie, both Celtic and West Ham are sponsored by gambling companies.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:52 am
Yeah Augie, both Celtic and West Ham are sponsored by gambling companies.

That explains it - thanks rodders 8)

Desperately disappointed over this tho :cry: :cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Augie Adidas delivery time is painfully slow - 5 working days at best so you're as well off waiting until the 7th to just stroll in the door of your local sports shop because you won't get it delivered from their site before that.

You can't even pre-order it FFS and there's still no mention of either Adidas or anything about new kits on .com :shock:

That Puma contract was the greatest legal document ever drafted,

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:20 pm
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

Augie Adidas delivery time is painfully slow - 5 working days at best so you're as well off waiting until the 7th to just stroll in the door of your local sports shop because you won't get it delivered from their site before that.

You can't even pre-order it FFS and there's still no mention of either Adidas or anything about new kits on .com :shock:

That Puma contract was the greatest legal document ever drafted,

I was just gonna post that very thing on here - I went onto the adidas site thinking that I could pre-order it, but there isn't even a mention of our great club. I told the missus that we are gonna have to wait until the 7th cos I'll be fcuked if I am gonna buy it from the club - tbf I probably wasn't gonna buy it from the club anyway, but when I see that 7 day monopoly/cartel crap, it sealed it for me.

How can there be no mention of the launch on adidas.com when we are a mere 6 days away ??