Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:58 am
Mike Ashley might be a c.unt but ........

https://arsenaldirect.arsenal.com/Footb ... /p/MFQ6941

or

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/adidas-arse ... e=37455308

For those of us progressive and non racist countries (as opposed to brexiteers :wink: ), that is a price difference of €21 :shock: :shock:
:shock:

I know who I'm giving my money to.... :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

So, the away kit is the white top with the red slashes across it. Was hoping they'd go yellow like the warm up kit. Like the travel wear line of clothes launched alongside the away kit. Never heard it called travel wear before, whatever next "going to the shops" wear line, coming with a free mask?

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Three beautiful kits last year to some meh looking ones this year.

What's that away shirt about? Is it supposed to represent our usual mid-season capitulation? :roll:

Bollocks to it! :lol:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

So word is that the new away kit is a tip of the hat to the old marble halls of Highbury :lol: There is obviously some new blood in the design dept at Adidas as to pull that little gem of an explanation out of the hat is almost...almost genius :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Ludicrous looking thing. Looks like it should be on the cover of a Metallica album ffs. :roll:

Or - they done run him all over the manor and slashed him up pwoppah nawty! :lol: :wink:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Passed by the Adidas shop whilst in town to check out the new away top. In reality, its fucking horrendous. It sure as hell does not have a marble effect. The style is loose around the arm and feels more like a baseball shirt than a soccer (sorry football) shirt.
I cannot stand the white badge. The design is horrific. I did not think of the hallowed Highbury marble halls when I looked at it, but 10050 Cielo Drive, Beverley Hills did come to mind, and it looked like the top Nicole Simpson wore on that fateful night.
The only way I could like this top is if we win every match we play wearing it, and we lift all four trophies that we are contesting this coming season.It is hideous Adidas and they person who designed it needs sacking.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Yeah it’s not great but pop it on this lot and it’s -

Gimme that gimme that gimme gimme gimme that gimme gimme gimme that ting :lol:

I’d splash out on that no bother.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm
Passed by the Adidas shop whilst in town to check out the new away top. In reality, its fucking horrendous. It sure as hell does not have a marble effect. The style is loose around the arm and feels more like a baseball shirt than a soccer (sorry football) shirt.
I cannot stand the white badge. The design is horrific. I did not think of the hallowed Highbury marble halls when I looked at it, but 10050 Cielo Drive, Beverley Hills did come to mind, and it looked like the top Nicole Simpson wore on that fateful night.
The only way I could like this top is if we win every match we play wearing it, and we lift all four trophies that we are contesting this coming season.It is hideous Adidas and they person who designed it needs sacking.
Oddly the only part of it I like is the white crest outlined in black. I've never liked our full cartoon crest with the half red half West ham colour but the simple one-colour outline of it in gold or black or blue or red they often use on training tops looks better. Still wish we had the VCC crest or just the plain 1970s cannon tbh.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:15 am

...making them look like members of the Manson Family.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

Rodders ffs man. The one in the back left is Bellerin ffs. :roll:

:D :wink:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:37 pm
rodders999 wrote:

Don't mock him for being gender fluid. #inclusivity

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:56 am
Nos89 wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm
Oddly the only part of it I like is the white crest outlined in black. I've never liked our full cartoon crest with the half red half West ham colour but the simple one-colour outline of it in gold or black or blue or red they often use on training tops looks better. Still wish we had the VCC crest or just the plain 1970s cannon tbh.
Same here mate. I agree with everything Nos said about the shirt except the part you mentioned which I think looks pretty good. Maybe it's because it reminds me of this? 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:37 pm
rodders999 wrote:

I guess the old saying about going blind is true then ... 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bottom right is the pick of the bunch, Roddaz just gave her his patented seal of approval :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

While I've seen a lot worse, there is barely a tit between them. In fact you could combine all 10 tits from those 5 girls and it would still not make a handful 8)