Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

Post by rodders999 »

From the club's twatter account -

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1049222864321302528

From July 1 next year.

Bit of a worst kept secret but I'm still seriously moist about this, if they do originals reissues from the 90's they may as well just take my bank details because they will be getting ALL MY MONEY :barscarf:

rodders999

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by rodders999 »

5 year deal, 60 million per year 8)

Post by 1989 »

Brilliant :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Getting Torreira on the back :D

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Didn't Adidas take over in 86/87 when Graham took charge heralding a new era of success?
Hope history repeats itself.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Absolutely zero fanfare about this which I suspect is down to Puma not wanting it to effect sales of their clobber between now and the profitable Christmas market.

Bar that one sentence tweet, which doesn't go into any detail, there is no mention of it all on any of the other club's official channels and most bizarrely nothing on Arsenal.com about it.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 am
Didn't Adidas take over in 86/87 when Graham took charge heralding a new era of success?
:high5:

I don't know about 'moist' Rodders, but this certainly does cause a tremble in the trouser department :D :-P :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 am

Absolutely. Mind you there was nothing wrong with the old umbro kit :lol:

Sky did a 20 second announcement of the deal with the picture of MT in the Anfield dressing room 89 but as somebody said, it's all very low key at the moment. You'd have to be a mug to buy anything puma now :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:01 am
From the club's twatter account -

https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1049222864321302528

From July 1 next year.

Bit of a worst kept secret but I'm still seriously moist about this, if they do originals reissues from the 90's they may as well just take my bank details because they will be getting ALL MY MONEY :barscarf:

Pretty much sums up my sentiments too 8)

I'm not saying that all of their AFC kits were great the last time, but they sure as shit has far more good ones than bad ones, and I used to like the white stripes down the sleeves 8) I don't envisage them bringing out a bruised banana kit for the players, but I would be shocked if they didn't bring out some gear for the fans in the bruised banana look

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Agree with that Augie, I mean all you need to do is look on eBay at the insane prices the away '89 shirt and the bruised banana kit are going for (and that's for an already worn, almost 30 year old jersey) to see there's a market that adidas will want to tap into.

This is a marketers wet dream because the amount of money that can be made outside of new kits must be huge.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I still have that squashed wasp jersey at home. Still one of my favourite jerseys of all time. Wore it to games to footy training....

....and even to a couple of raves!

ACEEEEED!! :barscarf:

Love Adidas when we had them. Hoping for great things.

I still wear Adidas Preds to this day. Boots astros and indoors. 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

YES BRUISED BANANA.

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

Great news, especially after the absolute shite last few years of the Nike contract and the majority of Puma kits we've had!

Hopefully some classic looking non skintight kits, along with some 80's/90's vintage gear!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The 91 home jersey with the "AFC" on the neck and three blue stripes down the sleeve is another jersey I still love. 8)

Usually I don't like anything on the sleeve or the body not being full 100% red but that jersey just looked superb. 8)

Similarly the 94 home jersey with the "V" stripes on the sleeve got it just right. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Also the only sponsor's logo that I ever liked was the old JVC logo. Just looked right somehow. I actually bought a JVC ghetto blaster as a teenager purely because they were our sponsor. Talk about brand loyalty! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:56 am
The 91 home jersey with the "AFC" on the neck and three blue stripes down the sleeve is another jersey I still love. 8)

Usually I don't like anything on the sleeve or the body not being full 100% red but that jersey just looked superb. 8)

Similarly the 94 home jersey with the "V" stripes on the sleeve got it just right. 8)

I liked the one with the red stripes down the sleeves - for me it was still just a red and white jersey whilst the one you referred to had an intruder (blue stripes) into our traditional red and white home jersey :lol: Jeez when you think about how many different colours we have had inserted into our kits since, it really does sadden me :(