Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Allgunsblazin

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Maybe they could add the old cannon and AFC cannonballs to the shirt, to see sales "Rocket".... :dancingbanana:
Pipe dream I know.... 8)

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

You’ve only got to look at how popular the Nigerian WC kit was with the yoof and the wannabe gangsta’s and rappers to see how an updated bruised banana kit would fly off the shelves.

The Nigeria kit was basically the same shirt but green and white instead of blue and yellow.

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Was just having a look to see how hard Nike tried to get our new kit deal as the new deal is pretty much the same money as the Chavs Nike deal - which is not great given that we must shift more gear globally than them. Then the cynic in me wondered whether the club wanted to steer clear of Nike given the association with the wenker years - probably nothing in it but it crossed my mind. Saw these Adidas (?) concept kits from earlier this year which include a bruised banana kit. I prefer the No 6 option which has more of a yesteryear look to it.

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... s-14471630

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 am
Was just having a look to see how hard Nike tried to get our new kit deal as the new deal is pretty much the same money as the Chavs Nike deal - which is not great given that we must shift more gear globally than them. Then the cynic in me wondered whether the club wanted to steer clear of Nike given the association with the wenker years - probably nothing in it but it crossed my mind. Saw these Adidas (?) concept kits from earlier this year which include a bruised banana kit. I prefer the No 6 option which has more of a yesteryear look to it.

Defiantly number six...maybe a white collar would complete it and a cannon facing the correct way.

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:29 am
Jock Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:26 am

Defiantly number six...maybe a white collar would complete it and a cannon facing the correct way.

It's funny but the number 6 kit (and the black kit) are the one's I like the least :o I like all 3 of the other home shirts, and I would be totally on board with either of the yellow away one's too 8) Have to say that the keepers jersies are a bit iffy if I'm honest, and the purple and black away kit in the last photo is another one I am 50/50 about.
As fans we get excited sometimes at the prospect of signing quality players, or the reality of getting rid of senile cunting managers, but I think that there will be a level of excitement and anticipation amongst the fans for those first Adidas kits, that will almost reach those levels :barscarf:

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 am
Also the only sponsor's logo that I ever liked was the old JVC logo. Just looked right somehow. I actually bought a JVC ghetto blaster as a teenager purely because they were our sponsor. Talk about brand loyalty! :lol:
Same! Also I used to like Aberdeen in the 80's just because they were sponsored for a few seasons by JVC too when I was a kid :lol:

JVC and Arsenal - The Perfect Match 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:02 am
Also the only sponsor's logo that I ever liked was the old JVC logo. Just looked right somehow. I actually bought a JVC ghetto blaster as a teenager purely because they were our sponsor. Talk about brand loyalty! :lol:
Same! Also I used to like Aberdeen in the 80's just because they were sponsored for a few seasons by JVC too when I was a kid :lol:

JVC and Arsenal - The Perfect Match 8)
:barscarf: 8)

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Kingralph wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:46 am
You’ve only got to look at how popular the Nigerian WC kit was with the yoof and the wannabe gangsta’s and rappers to see how an updated bruised banana kit would fly off the shelves.

The Nigeria kit was basically the same shirt but green and white instead of blue and yellow.
Yep haven’t considered buying any Arsenal year for a decade or more, but if there is any bruised banana gear or kit (which there is bound to be) they can have all of my money.

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

The bruised banana wasp kit is a jinx kit as said by many at the time, we never won any trophies in that shirt :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Remember these two disasters? Two of the most embarrassing moments in our clubs history! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6TycisAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0eTN7dkQE

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I like those designs. A yellow away kit would be a welcome return. However, I really liked the white top third kits we've had in the past. I don't understand why our kit designers haven't tried a top with a white body with red sleeves, the opposite of home kit. I'm not too fussed on the black kits.
For some reason, returning to addidas kits is a little bit exciting.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:22 pm
The bruised banana wasp kit is a jinx kit as said by many at the time, we never won any trophies in that shirt :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Remember these two disasters? Two of the most embarrassing moments in our clubs history! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Never bought into all that old bollocks tbh. The squashed wasp was the best nontraditional away kit we ever had. Iconic jersey. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:21 pm
I like those designs. A yellow away kit would be a welcome return. However, I really liked the white top third kits we've had in the past. I don't understand why our kit designers haven't tried a top with a white body with red sleeves, the opposite of home kit. I'm not too fussed on the black kits.
For some reason, returning to addidas kits is a little bit exciting.
Fucking fuck that. Tottnumb wear white. White is a shite colour too. It suits the scum as it is traditionally the colour of surrender. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:22 pm

Wasn't the squashed wasp our away jersey when we won the cup double in 93?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also Wrighty bagging a hattie at Southampton on his league debut. With the yellow shorts too!

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Actually quite like this year’s away kit, but would much rather yellow.