Adidas New Kit Sponsor (NSFW)

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Official - Adidas New Kit Sponsor

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Never been one to care about shirt designs etc, never wear them although I bought one every year for my boy till about 5 years ago.

Likewise DB my mum bought me a JVC blaster for christmas so have an affinity with that era.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Almunia is a clown wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:22 pm
The bruised banana wasp kit is a jinx kit as said by many at the time, we never won any trophies in that shirt :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Remember these two disasters? Two of the most embarrassing moments in our clubs history! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6TycisAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0eTN7dkQE
Can't even blame Wenger for those two defeats. Unless he was at the ground as a guest of Dein's?

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Some of these concept away kits look absolutely stunning. 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Number's 3 and 4 look great to me :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

It's amazing the lift these times of change are giving with Dick dragging the life back into the club this year and a return to the Adidas kits in the pipeline all ready to go next summer. As long as they go with a traditional yellow and blue away kit that'll do me. Are the stripes on No 2 black rather than blue - no thanks - it has a rather German national strip look to it.....has Ozil got a mate at Adidas :shock:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

augie

Post by augie »

Love that kit :sunshine_happy:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Love that kit :sunshine_happy:
It’s Retro, yet modern, stylish and cool all at once.

I’ve still got the original - yet might buy that if ever made, Ive not bought a shirt for years....

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

I like it and it is a really smart kit but there is a part of me that thinks if we are going back to this iconic kit surely you go the whole hog with it rather than a slightly toned down version of the original. Either way I can't believe that Adidas will fail to bring the bruised banana back.

My old bruised banana shirt - the now missus and I were on holiday in Jamaica in 92 and the guy who used to exchange our US dollars for Jamaican dollars made us so much money on the exchange rate that when I asked him how I could thank him and the bastard asked for the shirt I just couldn't say no :(

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

The Arsenal away kit should always be yellow, and it brings back memories of some of our most famous triumphs, love some of the designs.

This is the third biggest shirt deal in World Football, and it only runs until 2024, so we can expect an even bigger deal by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjE129Agrk

Some bint on CNBC thinks we haven't won a trophy since 2004 though.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

a remake of this will do me just fine. with the old addias logo as well not the new one. maybe we could have the addidas stripes in Red though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:23 pm
a remake of this will do me just fine. with the old addias logo as well not the new one. maybe we could have the addidas stripes in Red though.

That 91 strip is one of my all time favourites. It was the Bog's Dollocks. 8)

I actually liked the blue trim tbh. And the crest and JVC and Adidas logos sat just perfectly on it.

Just seeing that picture puts me back in that 91 season with Anders, Big Tone, Merse, Rocky and Smudge. 8)

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No way the new kits will have the trefoil logo, that’s just wishful thinking.

The reissues that are giving me a constant hard on however.....they will have the trefoil AND the old crest AND the JVC sponsor.

Explodes in undies AGAIN.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:10 am
No way the new kits will have the trefoil logo, that’s just wishful thinking.

The reissues that are giving me a constant hard on however.....they will have the trefoil AND the old crest AND the JVC sponsor.

Explodes in undies AGAIN.
:lol:

I'm gonna have to order mine online. Because if I walk into a shop to buy one and those retro tops are hanging there in front of me.... well I'm gonna launch my muck all over some poor shop assistant. :shock:

Hopefully a female one, but fuck it, it's all good bro. :D

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

An empty bag AND an ‘89 away shirt, you’ll have had worse days DB :wink:

What’s also great about these reissues is that it will put an end to the absolute gauging being carried out by pricks on eBay and other classic football shirt sites where those adidas shirts (which let’s face it are not in the best of nick what with them being 30 odd years old, pre owned and worn by some randomer) are still being listed for 250 quid plus on those sites.

I saw a bruised banana shirt on eBay today for 440 lids :shock:

I’ve never been more excited about anything in my life than these originals reissues, even the thought of our Nat’s gee comes a distant second :shock: